What's new

Self measures that needs to be taken - Coronavirus potential outbreak in Pakistan

Best way to survive Corona is to avoid public places, isolate yourself, become minimalist.

Wash hands. Government closed schools and Pakistanis are celebrating vacations.

Students are playing in parks. Don't blame the government. Be responsible citizen.

Our health system is flop. In ordinary circumstances, government hospitals are mess. Our hospitals and health care professionals are not equipped to handle calamity.

Government woke up 2 weeks late. Government should have closed borders when Wuhan city was locked.

Now Corona has entered Pakistan. Enemy is not on the gates. Enemy is in the cities.

At the time of righting this post, media is reporting 134 cases. Cases are growing exponentially. Pakistan is #1 in South Asia.

I have been writing on Corona for the last two weeks. People were abusing me that I was creating panic. May Allah keep us safe

Very important: if you suspect corona in anyone. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANY NSAIDS LIKE DICLOFENAC, ibuprofen, moltrin or any others of NSAID family. Death rate was much higher in people who tried to treat with NSAID medications, in france, study was published today. Take tylenol/panadol/paracetamol instead

If there are Irani puppies around you, just forced them to stay at their homes for at least 4 weeks.

If there are Irani puppies around you, just forced them to stay at their homes for at least 4 weeks.

Bro, leave this iranian or non-iranian rhetoric for now. It's a very bad time on our nation. We have to be above everything else and take care of each other.

View attachment 613689 Good effort by the OP.
Please recite the following Duas as well.View attachment 613689

Don't wear any of Quranic verse on your body. If you do, remove it before going to toilet, to say the least.

Rest assure, virus is going to get you this week or after.
Just pray to Allah 5 times, pay zakat, do charity, stop lying /cheating. This way you will collect some good score for the life hereafter.
Last but not least, if you have contracted virus do not spread it around thinking you are doing some sort of Jihad against Arabs in Pakistan. Just call emergency response team and follow their advice, this is the most honest advise any one can ever give you.

Bro, leave this iranian or non-iranian rhetoric for now. It's a very bad time on our nation. We have to be above everything else and take care of each other.

You may go ahead invite them for dinner tonight.
I have no love lost for the FIGHTERS, who took no pity on Syrian babies.

You may go ahead invite them for dinner tonight.
I have no love lost for the FIGHTERS, who took no pity on Syrian babies.

Is this thread about that? if you want to discuss it, create a new thread.

It maybe wise to temporary close ALL masjid and Madrasas throughout Pakistan. Prayers should be performed at home however I feel my comment will certainly upset many people. In UK the Muslim Council of Britain has issued a statement asking all Masjid and Madrassa to close until the situation is under control. The same call has been issued by other religious groups. Iran has also suspended pilgrims visiting shrines.

First and foremost; covid-19 is not a flu, with more than three folds mortality rate, with it effecting elder population more and with higher mortality; it should be taken seriously.

6ca93d-20200311-coronavirus-charts04.png

5e67b19a54f25c32e320ef33.png

There is allot of discussion going on around covid-19, you guys are pretty much aware of the situation right now. Countries are shutting down; from travel restrictions to whole cities are being shutdown. The problem i am seeing in Pakistan is that our general public is oblivious; that's not certainly a bad thing, but the rulers are more clueless. And that's pretty messed up. Now this thread i am creating is not for repetition of the rhetoric. But for "Pakistan focused" self measures that you should and your families need to practice because the spread is inevitable unless government takes extreme measures, which they are not and will not take in current economy or unless Allah does some reham on this nation and summer makes this virus go away; for which we can't say for sure. Now to the self measures..

• Stock essential items at home; the way it went with masks is an example in front of us; prices are gonna hike, there will be shortages and panic buying spree will happen.

• Pakistan have family based living system; lots of people share a same house mostly. Create a mechanism in your houses that in case someone is sick, he/she can be quarantined. Majority will need home based isolation protocol. In Pakistan no one will pay attention to it and moms will keep coming feeding the sick and whole neighborhood will keep coming to ask for the sick. Don't do that and tell others not to do as well.

• Keep utensils of the sick away, wash them separately with measures taken, if possible use disposable utensils and discard them after use. If someone is washing them, better to wash separately with gloves on, disinfect the washing area after cleaning the dishes and disinfect the hands properly.

• When entering the room of the person with covid-19. use n-95 mask and gloves and don't touch anything.

• In case of an infection to you or to one of your loved ones; for majority cases it will be mild one, fever, sore throat, runny nose, fatigue, body aches. For that you won't need to be hospitalized. Home isolation with symptomatic treatment will be enough to recover for majority, by taking e.g. paracetamol, ibuprofen, pseudoephedrine etc. Consult your local GP for dosage and exact medication. Take herbal tea, joshanda but don't over do it. If you are young and healthy please don't unnecessarily go out for medical checkups as it will put others at risk at hospital/clinic's waiting rooms. If unstable and you need to see a doctor, call first and then use n95 mask before going out. If anyone will start experiencing breathing difficulty he/she will need to be hospitalized with oxygen supplementation and in worst scenario would need to be supported by a ventilator. Better to call an ambulance, tell them before hand so the care-workers can protect themselves accordingly.

Coronavirus-graphic-1024x576.jpg

• Please avoid buying stuff from outside, shops and restaurants needs to be closed once the outbreak is inevitable.

• Avoid the currency notes, if you are using them; don't touch your face. Don't count them by licking your finger and wash you hands after handling currency notes.

• Vegetables and fruits are mostly handled by lots of people before it reaches you. So be careful, put the vegetables and fruits in soapy water or if you have chlorinated water supply, leave the fruits and vegetables in it for a while, wash them thoroughly before use.

• Boil water/ milk properly before using. And if your family is buying milk from milkman better to directly boil it as it arrives, instead of putting in the refrigerator to avoid cross-contamination and this rule applies to all edibles.

• Pray at home; avoid crowded places. If you really want to go, better to take your own jae-namaz with you. Avoid breathing-in during sujjud. Wash your hands and face with soap after returning home.

• Avoid shaking hands, hugging or kissing for the time being. Physical contact is one of reason this virus is spreading in such a rate. A person can also get the coronavirus if they touch a surface or object that has viral particles on it and then touch their mouth, nose, or eyes. The lifespan of the virus on a surface, a stairwell banister, or even money — depends on many factors, including the surrounding temperature, humidity, and type of surface. But the rough range is "likely hours to a day or so". So be careful there.

• Clean your mobile phones each day with soap socked micro-fiber cloth/ tissue paper. Before using office keyboards/ computers wipe them clean before using every day. Wipe clean your desk, if it applies to you.

As per the government’s directives, if you suspect that you may have symptoms, including fever, coughing or shortness of breath, call the state helpline (1166) or your healthcare provider. It's better to call the help line before visiting and in-case you have to visit the doctor please wear n-95 mask to avoid general public to contact it from you at the hospital.

719-human.png

You may also contact a private laboratory to be tested. While, private labs are charging upwards to Rs7,900 for each test, designated public hospitals are testing free of cost. The results will be reported back to you within two days (48 hours).

Below is a list of hospitals in all major cities, which are testing for coronavirus:

Punjab

Lahore
Services Hospital

Rawalpindi
Benazir Bhutto Hospital

Multan
Nishtar Hospital

Sialkot
Allama Iqbal Memorial Hospital

Faisalabad
Allied Hospital

Rahimyar Khan
Sheikh Zayed Hospital

Sindh

Karachi

Public

Civil Hospital
Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre

Private

Aga Khan University Hospital
Dow Medical College

Hyderabad
Liaquat Hospital

Balochistan

Quetta
Fatima Jinnah General and Chest Hospital

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa

Peshawar
Muhammad Teaching Hospital
Jinnah Teaching Hospital
Prime Teaching Hospital
Painless Hospital
Khalil Hospital
Zia Medical Complex
Mercy Teaching Hospital
Kuwait Teaching
Naseer Teaching Hospital
MSF Hospital
Afridi Medical Complex
Shahab Orthopedic Hospital
Rehman Medical Institute
North Western General Hospital
Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital
Akbar Medical Centre
Abaseen Hospital
Habib Medical Centre
Ibrahimi Hospital

Islamabad
Pakistan Institute of Management (PIMS)

Gilgit Baltistan
Civil Hospital Hunza
DHQ Gilgit
DHQ Chilas
DHQ Skardu
PDSRU
DHQ Karimabad

Azad Jammu and Kashmir

Abbas Institute Of Medical Sciences, Muzaffarabad
Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Hospital Muzaffarabad (CMH.)
CMH Rawalkot
DHQ Mirpur
DHQ Kotli
DHQ Neelum
DHQ Jhelum Valley
DHQ Bagh
DHQ Haveli
DHQ Bhimber
DHQ Hospital Sudhnoti

There are four ways this virus outbreak will/can be dealt with, first and the most easy one; summers; hot weather can decrease the rate of spread and hence can be contained effectively.

second is by vaccination; but it's gonna take time; can take from 6 months to a year or more.

3rd is the most messed up one, that you let the general population get infected and don't do any preventive measures. Say more than 60% people get immunized after infection, the chances for the rest to get infected decrease dramatically. It's called herd-immunity. In a herd when majority of population is immune to some disease, the rate of spread is not there since majority don't get it in the first place. If some who is not immunized gets it can't spread to other with a rapid rate since majority is already immune and can be easily contained. But the problem with this approach is that it don't discriminate between vulnerable and non-vulnerable and with covid-19 as we know it with higher mortality rate among old and immuno-compromised will have harder time surviving it. And everyone should be aware of this; because so far i am ruling out vaccination approach for now; either summer or herd immunity is the only way i can see to tackle this problem for now, so stay safe and protect the vulnerable ones (older, sick and the ones with pre existing conditions i.e. blood pressure problems, diabetes etc). And the only way to protect them is by protecting yourself and act responsibly.

The last possible way is the way china has been doing so far; with complete city quarantines; but i don't see that happening for Pakistan neither do we have the capacity neither the expertise to execute that.

May Allah protect all of you. Take care of yourself, your family and your nation.

@waz @Major Sam @Dubious @The Eagle @Indus Pakistan @Slav Defence @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Hakikat ve Hikmet @jaibi @The Accountant @BATMAN @PakSword @WebMaster
@ghazi52 @Ghareeb_Da_Baal
@Mangus Ortus Novem @Zaki

Please tag others.

covid19 graph.jpg
covid19 coronavirus death rates.jpg

This post is for those INFECTED and how to REDUCE THE RISK of Lungs being infected.

This is NOT about reducing or stopping TRANSMISSION.

Based on personal experiences with flu and most likely this virus 3 weeks ago in UK, I would strong advise all those infected to do all they can to stop the low level of nose drip getting down to lungs.

Keep blowing out of nose and cough/spit out all the phlegm stuck in throat, DO NOT swallow or snort it down the lungs!

One table spoon of salt in hot water and gargle. After gargle blow your nose and cough out everything.

Do not sleep with your head higher then your chest. Lung infections from flu and such viruses accelerate during sleep. Sleep sideways with head at level of chest. Any little build up should be blown/coughed+spat out immediately. It's better to sleep less than letting this virus get in your lungs!

I totally disapprove of patients laying on hospital beds and at home in such positions where gravity plays the role in taking the phlegm/nose drip down to lungs!

Blow your nose and induce phlegm exiting throat clearing cough/spit until you no longer feel anything stuck in nose/throat. REPEAT, REPEAT and REPEAT for as many days needed.

Do not swallow and snort the phlegm!

Boxes of tissues at hand!

@Ace of Spades @Mangus Ortus Novem @PakSword @StormBreaker ... Please tag others as well

Last edited:
Based on personal experiences with flu and most likely this virus 3 weeks ago in UK, I would strong advise all those infected to do all they can to stop the low level of nose drip getting down to lungs.

Keep blowing out of nose and cough out all the phlegm stuck in throat, DO NOT swallow or snort it down the lungs!

One table spoon of salt in hot water and gargle. After gargle blow your nose and cough out everything.

Do not sleep with your head higher then your chest. Lung infections from flu and such viruses accelerate during sleep. Sleep sideways with head at level of chest. Any little build up should be blown/coughed out immediately. It's better to sleep less than letting this virus get in your lungs!

I totally disapprove of patients laying on hospital beds and at home in such positions where gravity plays the role in taking the phlegm/nose drip down to lungs!

Blow your nose and induce phlegm exiting throat clearing cough until you no longer feel anything stuck in nose/throat. REPEAT, REPEAT and REPEAT for as many days needed.

Do not swallow and snort the phlegm!

Boxes of tissues at hand!

@Ace of Spades @Mangus Ortus Novem @PakSword @StormBreaker ... Please tag others as well
I am a doctor. Please dont spread this misinformation which has zero evidence.

Testing for identification of suspected cases, strict isolation and quarantine is needed. Stop going out for unnecessary errands. Saudi and UAE stopped congregation in mosques even… but seems we are still sleeping. See the graphic I posted re projections.

Please look up the medical definitions of isolation and quarantine.

Please read disclaimer. My crude projections ; am a doctor but not an expert in stats modelling. Feel free to share. Thanks.

I am a doctor. Please dont spread this misinformation which has zero evidence.

Testing for identification of suspected cases, strict isolation and quarantine is needed. Stop going out for unnecessary errands. Saudi and UAE stopped congregation in mosques even… but seems we are still sleeping. See the graphic I posted re projections.

Please look up the medical definitions of isolation and quarantine.

Please read disclaimer. My crude projections ; am a doctor but not an expert in stats modelling. Feel free to share. Thanks.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom