What's new

Self-exiled Altaf Hussain speaks for dual nationality holders

When MQM started, its ideals resonated with middle class of the country, or particularly Karachi.

But they started as an ethnic party and did their politics like street criminal or college goon. This distanced many people who were not urdu speaking.

MQM has committed violence like no other. It has blackmailed successive governments (no angels, by the way) to get their unreasonable demands met. Its leader is a British citizen who has no moral authority to lead a party doing politics in Pakistan.

He has quoted totally wrong examples of people who are representing British parliament and US politics.

MQM supporters begin with Karachi and end with Karachi. This is how they view Pakistan lol

i thouth karachi people are educated but majority seems to even lack a brain, whoever is supporting this slut.

Self-exiled Altaf Hussain speaks for dual nationality holders – The Express Tribune

KARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) leader Altaf Hussain, who has been living in self-exile in London for several years, questioned the stance of the Supreme Court against lawmakers with dual nationalities and the issue of overseas Pakistanis not being allowed to vote.
“I was born, studied and raised in Pakistan and also acquired dual nationality, will I seize to be less loyal to our soil, where I was born and where my ancestors are buried?” Hussain began his address with the question.
Further questioning the voting rights of dual nationality holders, Hussain asked, “If any political government forces any one out of the country on political grounds and enduring his exile, he is naturalised in any other country, should he not be allowed to contest the elections, knowing fully well the circumstances under which he acquired his new nationality?”
Citing examples of other countries, Hussain said that Sonia Gandhi was not born in India yet she holds a prominent position in India’s political sphere. He also mentioned US President Barack Obama who was also not entirely American. “Arnold Schwarzenegger also retained his Austrian citizenship during his service as the governor of California.”
Mentioning Prophet Mohammad’s (pbuh) migration from Makkah when he faced security issues, Hussain said that it was actually sunnat to migrate due to infavourable conditions.
Hussain maintained that those who had left the country were still patriots and their right to vote for the right leader should not be taken away. Similarly, those holding dual nationalities should also not be barred from contesting elections, as it would be highly unfair to the patriots, he remarked.
The party chief also suggested that a referendum should be held of overseas Pakistani asking them whether they still love Pakistan or not.

First of all, he is a British citizen and he has absolutely no right to talk about this issue. No dual nationals must be allowed to hold any public office. In fact no dual citizen should be allowed to lead a party and no one should ever be allowed to run a party from abroad!

Allowing dual citizens to vote in the country of their origin is a separate issue. These 'leaders' mix those two issues up deliberately to confuse the people.

And please Altaf Terrorist, stop quoted migration of Prophet from Mecca to Medina to your migration or even the millions of Pakistanis residing abroad!

You migrated because you were a fugitive and you never intended to come back as you have taken up nationality of another country. You owe us the explanation of how you live there without working. After all, you are a middle class representative and not jagirdaar? The same jagirdaars with whom who had been sitting in government forever!

Shameless Ba$tard!!
The example of Obama was the most funny one some please tell this corrupt and brutal person that Obama was born in USA and is not national of any other country

how can a DUAL national ever have loyalties to Pakistan. once thigns go bad he will book the first ticket out of the country & fly out! dual nationals should be BANNED from government at all costs!

the talk about keeping dual nationality for "security issues" well that clearly proves that once the security seems bad the dual national will run and not try to improve the security issues in Pakistan.

does anyone know what words you have to say when you are given the nationality of UK???? words like "i will remain loyal to my country & the queen"

First figure out go through posts and replies on the forum why was it said before coming up with horse $hit

Regardless of the reason, he said it on an indian forum while in india. period. If he had any shame he should not have stayed back in india.

Giving Vote for a dual nationality holder is not a problem, but to elect him and to bring him in the parliament it must not be allowed, coz he took oath from other country that he will be loyal to that country he is getting Passport. Now question is when these two countries interest clashed he will favor which country.???:angel:

Dual citizenship promotes more corruption.

Just because India does not grant its citizens this privilege does not necessarily mean that the grant of dual citizenship automatically "promotes more corruption". Lots of Canadians and Australians are dual citizens, for instance - are they suddenly vulnerable to more corruption on the day they acquire that second passport?

On-topic: Altaf Hussain was famously corrupt even before he acquired British citizenship, and he should have been barred from Pakistani politics a long long time ago, even before he became a dual citizen.

Also, the title of the thread is somewhat misleading - Altaf Hussain has no charter to speak for dual nationality holders; he spoke only for himself and his corrupt party.

I think dual nationalities people should not be allowed to rule the country.These people can not be faithful to the country.Think about the rats who jumps first when the ship sinks....

I am also of the view that anyone who is not by birth Pakistani or holds dual nationality should be made bound to visit Pakistan for a certain days or months within a certain period of time to maintain nationality otherwise we ll keep getting people like Moin Qureshi.

Two points to note:

1. Residency requirements are typically mandatory only for foreigners in their adopted country, i.e. those who become "permanent residents". Citizens have no such restrictions in any country that I know of, since once you become a citizen, you are a citizen for life. Only very drastic circumstances, such as treachery against the state, or the uncovering of lies told at the time when citizenship was acquired, leads to formal revocation of citizenship. Revoking citizenship also opens up a can of legal worms, as people tend to have considerable familial, economic and property rights in the country which issued their passport.

2. Do you really think that if Moin Qureshi had spent a certain period of time in Pakistan he would have shown more loyalty to Pakistan? Dual citizens like Moin Qureshi, Hussain Haqqani, Rehman Malik et al. should definitely never have been allowed to hold public office, and they have clearly served the interests of countries other than Pakistan. That makes them traitors, and indeed they should be stripped of their Pakistani citizenship as punishment for treachery. The fact that this did not transpire is a sad reflection of the corruption and weakness of the state, and should not in any way reflect badly on ordinary dual citizens who work hard to establish lives in foreign lands, but retain their strong links back home.

Back
Top Bottom