What's new

Seen & Unseen military images of Indian subcontinent of the past

Xryhtyv

You don't think so doesn't change history nor does a members post.. I'm not inventing facts out of thin air rather giving you official records .. The Coorgs were homesick and deserts among having other disciplinary issues.. Nairs were again same .. And all were considered lacking in courage and mellow... That stereotype exists even today in your own country about south indians..

Our revolt was not some ordinary ,entire community turned against them .
And they could import others to defeat us ,they were numerically superior

The British ruled modern day day (minus Punjab) for over 200 years ... Without a hiccup .. Your revolt doesn't even find space in history books...

Compare that to the ever turbulent and non controllable history of Balochistan,FATA or KPK.. Where British couldn't even control the areas .. And still the recruited heavily from these area..

Kalari was our own martial arts and fighting techniques .Brits totally prohibited that .

The Japanese also banned kungfu in occupied China.. So did the British in many colonies of theirs... Do you think people with canons and rifles are scared of martial arts ?:lol:

Xryhtyv

You don't think so doesn't change history nor does a members post.. I'm not inventing facts out of thin air rather giving you official records .. The Coorgs were homesick and deserts among having other disciplinary issues.. Nairs were again same .. And all were considered lacking in courage and mellow... That stereotype exists even today in your own country about south indians..

The British ruled modern day day (minus Punjab) for over 200 years ... Without a hiccup .. Your revolt doesn't even find space in history books...

Compare that to the ever turbulent and non controllable history of Balochistan,FATA or KPK.. Where British couldn't even control the areas .. And still the recruited heavily from these area..

The Japanese also banned kungfu in occupied China.. So did the British in many colonies of theirs... Do you think people with canons and rifles are scared of martial arts ?:lol:

Friend .You dont know about us ,nor you have to .
About the fighting skills and courage ,Coorgs bleeded Tipu's soldiers through their gurreilla tactics .
Casualities was that much and Tipu forced to cheat them by offering peace talks.

Between who created this official records ?British right .

Here they couldnt hire mercenaries from the same community .Because we didnt cheat our own people that united under a respectable cheiftain known as Veluthampi Dalawa.
Those who cheated us were very small .So they hired foreigners to attack us .But in cases like that KpK they were successful in hiring mercenaries that attack their own ethnic people.

Punjab ,we knows and wont forget what they did in Jalian Wala Bagh

About our community ,you can ask any respectable Indian members about us .

Friend .You dont know about us ,nor you have to .
About the fighting skills and courage ,Coorgs bleeded Tipu's soldiers through their gurreilla tactics .

Gurreilla warfare can be initiated even by the 20 guys .. It would proves nothing... We all know what Tipu did to Niars and Coorgs... It was only after the nawabs of Hyderabad,other South Indian chiefs and his own general betrayed him for exchange of British slavery that he was defeated..

Casualities was that much and Tipu forced to cheat them by offering peace talks.

Gureilla Warefare itself is "cheating" in the sense that it's not fought from the front like real armies ..
Between who created this official records ?British right .

Yeah.

Here they couldnt hire mercenaries from the same community .Because we didnt cheat our own people that united under a respectable cheiftain known as Veluthampi Dalawa.
They had recruited exclusively from Coorgs and Niars .. :lol: who proved to be mellow,inward are and homesick ... The regiments were disbanded much later .. So there goes your point that Coorgs and Niars didn't join or cheat their community..

Those who cheated us were very small .So they hired foreigners to attack us .But in cases like that KpK they were successful in hiring mercenaries that attack their own ethnic people.

Nope that's Bullshit... The British weren't supported by Pashtuns or Panjabi when they were fighting them both.. Rather in those cases their military was mostly composed of British officers and troops complemented by Bengal and other presidency troops...

It was much later after the areas fell that they started recruited them in heavy numbers... By WWI ..over 400,000 soldiers were recruited from this area out of a total force of 1 million..

The British in his own records says that the Pashtuns and others are not trustable .. And yet he recruited them.
Punjab ,we knows and wont forget what they did in Jalian Wala Bagh

Yes because the Panjabis were revolting and protesting .. Where were you people when the British colonised you for over 200 years ? That's 2 centuries of calm and stable rule..?

Meanwhile these areas the "frontier states" of the British were always turbulent ? When the British were still getting slaughtered on passes and mountains by tribals ? FATA itself was never colonised ... In fact FATA was always independent not just of the British but also the afghan/Pashtun ruler ..

About our community ,you can ask any respectable Indian members about us .

I don't need to .. I see your own countrymen and other South Indians calling themselves mellow..

I rather prefer the British records which record both the good and bad qualities of people they encountered...

Gurreilla warfare can be initiated even by the 20 guys .. It would proves nothing... We all know what Tipu did to Niars and Coorgs... It was only after the nawabs of Hyderabad,other South Indian chiefs and his own general betrayed him for exchange of British slavery that he was defeated..

Gureilla Warefare itself is "cheating" in the sense that it's not fought from the front like real armies ..

Yeah.

They had recruited exclusively from Coorgs and Niars .. :lol: who proved to be mellow,inward are and homesick ... The regiments were disbanded much later .. So there goes your point that Coorgs and Niars didn't join or cheat their community..

Nope that's Bullshit... The British weren't supported by Pashtuns or Panjabi when they were fighting them both.. Rather in those cases their military was mostly composed of British officers and troops complemented by Bengal and other presidency troops...

It was much later after the areas fell that they started recruited them in heavy numbers... By WWI ..over 400,000 soldiers were recruited from this area out of a total force of 1 million..

The British in his own records says that the Pashtuns and others are not trustable .. And yet he recruited them.

Yes because the Panjabis were revolting and protesting .. Where were you people when the British colonised you for over 200 years ? That's 2 centuries of calm and stable rule..?

Meanwhile these areas the "frontier states" of the British were always turbulent ? When the British were still getting slaughtered on passes and mountains by tribals ? FATA itself was never colonised ... In fact FATA was always independent not just of the British but also the afghan/Pashtun ruler ..

I don't need to .. I see your own countrymen and other South Indians calling themselves mellow..

I rather prefer the British records which record both the good and bad qualities of people they encountered...

Of Course.Coorgs did what Taliban doing now against NATO .
And mujahideens did against Soviets .Vietnam did against US for 20 years.
According to your statement you should call that is also a cheating .Can you ?

They become mellow to Brits because noone from the community supported them .

But your Pashtuns still worked under the Brits that massacred their own people :lol:.Sorry our community was 'mellow' enough to unites under one man ,that from our own community .And rejected the Brits .

I am talking about respectable members , not some trolls

Of Course.Coorgs did what Taliban doing now against NATO .
And mujahideens did against Soviets .Vietnam did against US for 20 years.
According to your statement you should call that is also a cheating .Can you ?

Guess what ? Tipu wasn't a super power... And neither did "Coorgs" etc succeed in such type of warfare did they!
They become mellow to Brits because noone from the community supported them .

Nah.. They just jumped in masses for recruitment in the army and years layers got disbanded coz of disciplinary and other issues..:lol:

But your Pashtuns still worked under the Brits that massacred their own people :lol:.Sorry our community was 'mellow' enough to unites under one man ,that from our own community .And rejected the Brits .

Going by your logic your the weakest people in the entire region isn't it? Join the army ,disbanded and got ruled 200+ years and your northern countrymen .. Massacred,recruited and ruled for 200 years.

Colonial troops joined army due to "martial" traditions .. Many for the money ... And yet none of them faught their own.. Apart from that the British themselves right that the Pashtun is unreliable .. He is brave,doesn't think about the consequences and his habits very much like the British themselves... He has the confidence of a British officer .. He's proud and so on...
I am talking about respectable members , not some trolls

And those respectable members are imminent historians credited for award winning books etc!:lol:

Guess what ? Tipu wasn't a super power... And neither did "Coorgs" etc succeed in such type of warfare did they!

Nah.. They just jumped in masses for recruitment in the army and years layers got disbanded coz of disciplinary and other issues..:lol:

Going by your logic your the weakest people in the entire region isn't it? Join the army ,disbanded and got ruled 200+ years and your northern countrymen .. Massacred,recruited and ruled for 200 years.

Colonial troops joined army due to "martial" traditions .. Many for the money ... And yet none of them faught their own.. Apart from that the British themselves right that the Pashtun is unreliable .. He is brave,doesn't think about the consequences and his habits very much like the British themselves... He has the confidence of a British officer .. He's proud and so on...

And those respectable members are imminent historians credited for award winning books etc!:lol:

Tipu was a true SA strongman in his times .
Superpower or not ?
One was aggressor another was resistance .
Tipu cheated them ,something that current NATO wont at any case because of Vienna Convention .

They agreed ,recruited and turned against them once they attacked our tradition and culture.

If unifying under one idea of freedom then of course we were weak .We wont cheat our people for some petty bucks .Neither we were hungry for money .Our people still worked for our Travancore king who has one of the world largest treasure at one temple , Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple .

But that wont make you a Brits .British soldiers have had one command and they didnt cheat or took arms against another Brits for Pashtun .Am I Right ?
They were colonial power and entire subcontinent was under their control .
After that we continued our attacks against Brits through one way or another .

Tipu was a true SA strongman in his times .
Superpower or not ?
One was aggressor another was resistance .
Tipu cheated them ,something that current NATO wont at any case because of Vienna Convention .

They agreed ,recruited and turned against them once they attacked our tradition and culture.

If unifying under one idea of freedom then of course we were weak .We wont cheat our people for some petty bucks .Neither we were hungry for money .Our people still worked for our Travancore king who has one of the world largest treasure at one temple , Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple .

But that wont make you a Brits .British soldiers have had one command and they didnt cheat or took arms against another Brits for Pashtun .Am I Right ?
They were colonial power and entire subcontinent was under their control .
After that we continued our attacks against Brits through one way or another .

Ok man your the greatest warrior "caste" in the world .. Although the world or even your own countrymen don't believe that... You made empires and poor Pashtuns could hardly rule region starting from Iran to modern day India..:lol:

Your posts are far from the reality.. Infact it's futile to even argue..

Ok man your the greatest warrior "caste" in the world .. Although the world or even your own countrymen don't believe that... You made empires and poor Pashtuns could hardly rule region starting from Iran to modern day India..:lol:

Your posts are far from the reality.. Infact it's futile to even argue..

Sorry I wont claim that .
Nor we interested in the certificates of the world .Infact we dont even care .Now we are Indians like any other one.
But I was just pointing about true subcontinent history .
Wrong in there .Modern day India also constitutes South,West,East and Central India .We didnt heard about any Pashtun history in there :D

Sorry I wont claim that .
Nor we interested in the certificates of the world .Infact we dont even care .Now we are Indians like any other one.
But I was just pointing about true subcontinent history .
Wrong in there .Modern day India also constitutes South,West,East and Central India .We didnt heard about any Pashtun history in there :D

Tipu himself was from Hazara.. Which lies in modern day KPK..:lol:

@DESERT FIGHTER @SrNair

May I request you to take a break so that I may resume what I created this thread for ?

Gallipoli

Men of the 14th Sikhs assemble near Anzac Cove on 7 August, ready to join the rest of the regiment in the foothills of the Sari Bair range. They wear the white arm-bands issued to British empire troops to distinguish them from their Ottoman adversaries. Turkish troops captured in the assault launched the evening before sit in a prisoner-of-war compound behind them

13432335_10154729741682971_7483868516146713908_n.jpg

He's was a hazarawal or of Pashtun ancestory lol.

Ancestory Oh yes .But not a foreigner king right .
India is always a melting pot .Can find different ethnicities .But noone from KPK directly marched in to this our area .
Now stay on topic .

An unknown badge.

Not sure if it relates to the Indian sub continent

@Icarus ..any Idea ?

1897858_529974347116642_1121268252_n.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom