What's new

Secularism is the only solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you prove Pakistan is a Religious country.........

pakistan is officially 'ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN'.

So my dear.....??

that "Islamic" word is more of political reasons then religious reasons......yar seriously there is no country in World which could claim as Islamic country.....not even KSA or Iran

So my dear.....??

that "Islamic" word is more of political reasons then religious reasons......yar seriously there is no country in World which could claim as Islamic country.....not even KSA or Iran

i agree,but pak isnt secular either.

and not even KSA??

Reactions: HRK
What do you think that

"secularism is the only solution for Pakistan's current situation or something else"..?
Of course secularism is the solution. Pakistan has around it, wonderful snapshots at their history and future in the form of Bangladesh and Afghanistan respectively. Bangladesh has woken up at least now to punish people who continue to spread religious venom in their society. Afghanistan has given up and gave a free ride to the Islamists and let them impose religious law in the society.

Whether Jinnah wanted an Islamic state is irrelevant. The question is only if Pakistanis understand that an Islamic state is a nightmare. It is just a slippery slope to a Taliban state.

Just sounds more like a worn out cliche. No 'ism' is going to make any difference unless the mindset changes. To think that things will dramatically change by announcing Pakistan as a secular state, is bit of a wishful thinking!

Just sounds more like a worn out cliche. No 'ism' is going to make any difference unless the mindset changes. To think that things will dramatically change by announcing Pakistan as a secular state, is bit of a wishful thinking!

No one is stating here that change can bring dramatically ... Ofcourse it needs time,strategies an most important support of nation ...

Justice and rule of law is more important, that's the way to maintain law and order in society. Make sure every terrorist is brought to swift and harsh justice. Everyone has to made accountable to the law and no one can act with impunity. Pakistan's problem is security which can't be solved with just secularism.

even jinnah wanted a scular pakistan.but was influenced by the hard liners,thus had to soften his stand.

i agree,but pak isnt secular either.

and not even KSA??

That is the point.......my dear it not a secular country neither a religious country......

We Pakistanis are facing a dilemma that ruling elite is divided in two fractions

1- So called Westernized Fraction
2- So called Religious Fraction

Every thing they have is borrowed by West or by Saudis & Iran from thoughts to their dreams they do not have any thing original.

ab na West un ko Westernized accept karta hai or na ye aik dosre ko Musalman..........

That is the point.......my dear it not a secular country neither a religious country......

We Pakistanis are facing a dilemma that ruling elite is divided in two fractions

1- So called Westernized Fraction
2- So called Religious Fraction

Every thing they have is borrowed by West or by Saudis & Iran from thoughts to their dreams they do not have any thing original.

ab na West un ko Westernized accept karta hai or na ye aik dosre ko Musalman..........
very true,know that.
no offense,but lookat india,we have westernised but our culture is still their with us(of course a bit compromised though).
i think you guys should take a middle path,perhaps like india or turkey.

No one is stating here that change can bring dramatically ... Ofcourse it needs time,strategies an most important support of nation ...

Well.. your question was if secularism is the only answer for Pakistan's current situation?... then the answer is 'no'. You are not going to change the perpetrators mindset by changing the political ideology of the country. Yes.. in the long run it may help in bringing up new generations with different mindset & ideology all together. Answer for current situation is most probably the one quoted on post #9.

very true,know that.
no offense,but lookat india,we have westernised but our culture is still their with us(of course a bit compromised though).
i think you guys should take a middle path,perhaps like india or turkey.

both are not appropriate examples for us India and Turkey have their dynamics we have our own.....we will face this situation till we don't bring some local solutions to problems......

BTW both are not successful examples.....

currently it will be impossible for any party/individual to even try to declare pakistan as secular state. It will be certain death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom