What's new

Sectarian Clash erupts in Bhakkar curfew imposed 11 dead !

Well here in Pak common people from both sunni and shia sects are living peacefully like Brothers and these extremist organisations do not represent common people...

Its never about the common people. But the Punjab govt is not common people and their record on dealing with Punjab based paramilitaries is crystal clear for many years now.

Its never about the common people. But the Punjab govt is not common people and their record on dealing with Punjab based paramilitaries is crystal clear for many years now.

Politics is nasty thing in sub continent..For example look at BJP in your country,How hatred against Muslims and other minorities is used for vote bank,and at times committing massacres...

Politics is nasty thing in sub continent..For example look at BJP in your country,How hatred against Muslims and other minorities is used for vote bank,and at times committing massacres...

Yes, violence is used as a political tool. Its not just BJP though, congress and even muslims have done this all the time in India. Do you think indian muslims are shy of using violence?

But these political forces are not allowed by indian state to amass arms, run training cnetres and carry out sustained attacks against other people in a systematic manner for decades. If not for any other reason, because that would diminish the writ of the state, and the indian state loves their power. (example see how the state destroyed abhinav bharat and compare that with how Pakistan 'banned' LEJ, LET, JUD etc). Any case violence in politics in india has been falling lately, and we are determined to keep it that way.

Coming back to topic, if these armed paramilitaries are allowed to operate openly the Punjab government, such violence will keep occurring, Perhaps the Pakistani people have accepted this.

You are wrong. A massive support is building up for BJP in Minorities.

Decision of electing first Khalifa was taken in 632 AD. Battle of Karbala took place in 680 AD. It is 2103 and most of the participants are not even remotely related to the people involved in those disputes. Nevertheless Shias & Sunni kill each other almost every day in nearly every Muslim country especially in Iraq, Syria & Pakistan. Shias get the worst of it only because they are fewer in number.

Karl Marx was right when he said “Religion is like an alluring sun, which revolves round a man until he begins to revolve himself”

I beg forgiveness when despite being Muslim from generations, I find it difficult to get excited about events that occurred more than a thousand years ago. Only thing I feel is pity for the poor souls that are killed and anger for the people who exploit this difference.

Omar Khayyam must also have felt deep anguish about such bigotry when he stated:

“Quomi mutafakkerand andar rahe deen
Quomi bagumaan uftadeh dar raahe yaqeen

Mi tarsam az aankeh baang ayad roozey
Kaaye bekhabraan rah no aan ast was na een.”

Meaning nations are thinking much about religion and fall into the trap of certainty about the correct path. I am afraid that one day a voice will shout (from heavens) “ye ignorant people, truth is neither that nor this one"

Decision of electing first Khalifa was taken in 632 AD. Battle of Karbala took place in 680 AD. It is 2103 and most of the participants are not even remotely related to the people involved in those disputes. Nevertheless Shias & Sunni clash in almost every day in nearly every Muslim country especially so in Iraq, Syria & Pakistan.

Karl Marx was right when he said “Religion is like an alluring sun, which revolves round a man until he begins to revolve himself”

I beg forgiveness when despite being Muslim from generations, I find it difficult to get excited about events that happened more than thousand years ago. Only think I feel is pity for the poor souls that are killed and anger for the people who exploit this difference.

Omar Khayyam must also have felt deep anguish about such bigotry when he stated:

“Quomi mutafakkerand andar rahe deen
Quomi bagumaan uftadeh dar raahe yaqeen
Mi tarsam az aankeh baang ayad roozey
Kaaye bekhabraan rah no aan ast was na een.”

Meaning nations are thinking much about religion and fall into the trap of certainty about the correct path. I am afraid that one day a voice will shout (from heavens) “ye ignorant people, truth is neither that nor this one"

Not strictly the topic of the thread, but do you happen to know which verse of the rubaiyat that is from, or whether there is an English translation for that particular quartrain (by la gallienne or fitzgerald)?

Sounds similar to this bit:

'Alike for those who for TO-DAY prepare,
And those that after some TO-MORROW stare,
A Muezzin from the Tower of Darkness cries,
" Fools! your Reward is neither Here nor There!" '

N league phobia

Showing mirror to N-Leaguers actually. They brag everywhere about Roshan Pakistan and Badla hy Punjab, while reality is way different than what these delusional idiots claim. And on top of it, Showbaz comes every time, saying if cat won't drink milk, I will leave politics for ever.. :rofl:

Not strictly the topic of the thread, but do you happen to know which verse of the rubaiyat that is from, or whether there is an English translation for that particular quartrain (by la gallienne or fitzgerald)?

Sounds similar to this bit:

'Alike for those who for TO-DAY prepare,
And those that after some TO-MORROW stare,
A Muezzin from the Tower of Darkness cries,
" Fools! your Reward is neither Here nor There!" '

Since I can read Farsi; the quatrain is from the Farsi book titled " Rubayyaat Hakim Omer Khayyam Nishapuri" with foreword & notes by Mohammed Ali Faroghi & Doctor Qassim Ghani published in Iran by Farzaan Publishers.

The book was gifted to me by an Iranian friend in appreciation of my love for Persian poetry.
Quatrains in this collection are arranged in the alphabetical order and this one is quatrain no. 143 under the ending with 'Noon' or 'N'

P.S. I also have Fitzgerald's translation in English and indeed the quatrain that you quoted appears to refer to the same.

Extremists are trying to create unrest in punjab by inciting sectarian tensions , I just read in todays news paper that Talibans are saying they are ready to fight PML-N

Reminds me of one of eminem's songs ....

May I have your attention please?
May I have your attention please?
Will the real Muslim please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Muslim please stand up?
We're gonna have a problem here..

Back
Top Bottom