What's new

Secret behind the desperate valour of Rajputs in battle : Opium

You sure you have the dates right ?

The second Anglo Maratha war was 1803–1805, In September 1803, Scindia forces lost to Lord Lake at Delhi and to Lord Wellesley at Assaye .

On 30 December 1803, the Scindia signed the treaty of Surji - Anjangaon with the British after Assaye and Battle of Laswari and ceded to the British Rohtak, Gurgaon, Ganges-Jumna Doab, the Delhi-Agra region, parts of Bundelkhand, Broach, some districts of Gujarat and the fort of Ahmmadnagar..

Its a typo 1790s.

You sure you have the dates right ?

The second Anglo Maratha war was 1803–1805, In September 1803, Scindia forces lost to Lord Lake at Delhi and to Lord Wellesley at Assaye .

On 30 December 1803, the Scindia signed the treaty of Surji - Anjangaon with the British after Assaye and Battle of Laswari and ceded to the British Rohtak, Gurgaon, Ganges-Jumna Doab, the Delhi-Agra region, parts of Bundelkhand, Broach, some districts of Gujarat and the fort of Ahmmadnagar..

I always thought that the British took Rohtak, Hansi and other areas of Haryana from George Thomas. How come the Marathas had possession of these areas? were they trying to expand further north?

I always thought that the British took Rohtak, Hansi and other areas of Haryana from George Thomas. How come the Marathas had possession of these areas? were they trying to expand further north?

If I am not wrong George Thomas was finally defeated and captured by Daulat Rao Scindia's army under GeneralPierre Cullier- Peron. He died on his way down the Ganges river in August 1802.

If I am not wrong George Thomas was finally defeated and captured by Daulat Rao Scindia's army under GeneralPierre Cullier- Peron. He died on his way down the Ganges river in August 1802.

That's correct. out of the three contesting parties -- the Sikhs, Bhattis and the Bikaner no one liked him. maybe someone invited Peron. Thomas took some bad decisions should have formed some alliances. was a brave bloke.

cheers :tup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom