What's new

Second test-firing of Agni-V missile next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its more like a chinese killer missile than Agni-5.... Not a good news. Last time india tested Agni-5 the chinese went haywire and declared missile range longer than what been told.... They were saying we and india good friends.... Now thats funny how a missile makes country shiver....

USA has the advantage of location, they are located far from their threat USSR, But India has China which is located very close and a missile silo placed in North east is in danger of pre-emptive strikes.

Road mobile missiles are secure and can be protected from enemy strikes.

Even Russia uses road mobile ICBM's today.

the closest point between russia and Alaska is 58 miles!

Its more like a chinese killer missile than Agni-5.... Not a good news. Last time india tested Agni-5 the chinese went haywire and declared missile range longer than what been told.... They were saying we and india good friends.... Now thats funny how a missile makes country shiver....

China has far better and mature missile programme. Little less of chauvinism and bragging would be good for India. No doubt that Agni-V has fulfilled our Deterrence requirement and has given strategic depth ...but we need to be realistic at the same time and avoid sabre-rattling attitude ! Agni V will make China cautious ...not shiver or anything sort of ....don't feed on media-nonsense !!!

the closest point between russia and Alaska is 58 miles!

Alaska which is largely sub-arctic ...is by and large unproductive....and is not same As Mainland USA . So this analogy doesn't work . Russia has nothing to gain from attacking Alaska ...the state which Russia sold to US in mere 7.2 million dollars to US, being totally useless and barren at the time of transaction !!!

best of luck DRDO..

@Indo-guy Detterence? Well when agni-5 locks on a chinese target than please stand on that target and say detterence u idi0t.... Agni-5 the best missile in its range. China got longer range so what? They have world as their enemy. India just got two main enemies. Agni-5 is a chinese killer as it KILLS and not just make them caution.... Living in singapore must had bugged ur brain. Never saw a missile making enemy country just causion specialy when missile has ability to hit that country.... U talk like indian khangress men. This thread is about Agni-5 and not about ur garbage thinking and btw its chinese media and not indian. Let me tell u that chinese media dont say anything without their masters Nod (idi0t communist to whom i refer as suiciders as they playing with fire without thinking much). My last reply to u miss or mrs. I mean u talk like one....
'Worried' China says Agni V can reach Russian border - Times Of India
China worried about India's Agni V missile - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Yara, I didn't get the logic here....... long term storage within the canisters + ambiguity of location??? Why not make permanent silos on the same premises as the Yanks, I know that it isn't as secure an option, however, both of our weapons are nothing what the Yanks or the Ruskies had, on the accuracy front..... so why not????

A canister TEL will have a high survivability compared to siloed missile .

Moreover give some credit to scientist in both countries , buddy .

Even if the accuracy may not be comparable to US or Ruskies , what we are talking is nuke weapons .

What difference is a few meters going to make ???

Even if the accuracy may not be comparable to US or Ruskies , what we are talking is nuke weapons .

Yes and some of them can be placed on rail mobile canisters too(my guess)

The road network in India is third largest in world, however the rail mounted Agni 5 is too a good choice

Agni 6 will be off course placed on rail based canisters only, as missie weighing more than 50 tons can't be placed in truck mounted canisters

US has some type of missiles weighing 60 plus tons which are road mobile but are not canistered

Yes and some of them can be placed on rail mobile canisters too(my guess)

The road network in India is third largest in world, however the rail mounted Agni 5 is too a good choice

There was a report few months back which claimed that we are not planning to deploy rail mobile BMs no more .

The reasons were high maintenance of rail wagons compared to road TELs and electrification of railways .

Agni 6 will be off course placed on rail based canisters only, as missie weighing more than 50 tons can't be placed in truck mounted canisters

The weight of A6 at this stage is pure speculation .Also Avinash Chander in one interview has claimed that it will be road mobile .

US has some type of missiles weighing 60 plus tons which are road mobile but are not canistered

The only road mobile ICBM developed by US was the Midgetman . It weighed just 13 Tons but never entered service .

^^by road mobile I meant transportable by road

not meant to be launched by truck mounted cansister

^^by road mobile I meant transportable by road

not meant to be launched by truck mounted cansister

OK buddy .

PSK once claimed that the actual weight of A5 is less than 50 tons and the 50 ton figure was for the entire system (missile + TEL) . I don't know how much authentic that is .

But if it is accurate , then may be A6 will not weigh above 50 tons .

DO you have any source to prove that accuracy is not comparable to US or Ruskies? I have the source to prove it otherwise.

@Indo-guy Detterence? Well when agni-5 locks on a chinese target than please stand on that target and say detterence u idi0t.... Agni-5 the best missile in its range. China got longer range so what? They have world as their enemy. India just got two main enemies. Agni-5 is a chinese killer as it KILLS and not just make them caution.... Living in singapore must had bugged ur brain. Never saw a missile making enemy country just causion specialy when missile has ability to hit that country.... U talk like indian khangress men. This thread is about Agni-5 and not about ur garbage thinking and btw its chinese media and not indian. Let me tell u that chinese media dont say anything without their masters Nod (idi0t communist to whom i refer as suiciders as they playing with fire without thinking much). My last reply to u miss or mrs. I mean u talk like one...

Lol you indians just want to get our attention by calling this missile as "China Killer" :rofl:, if the missile is not meant to kill, then what is the purpose?, you think by making this kind of over statement than we will be scare of your puny tactical missiles?, too bad you couldn't understand that how our military commentators are mocking Indian military at daily basis, they're not on TV show to sell Indian's threat but keep us entertain of Indian military acquisitions and projects such as the famous 3 tigers jokes

Paper Tiger: look for short term military gain such C-17, Apaches, P8, Rafales...in order to boost India's image as great power nation but heavy depend on foreign countries for support...these famous machines are already struggle to survive under India's current economy.

Rusty Tiger: projects delayed such LCA, Arjunk tank, destroyer...Indian will have to repaint over and over again each time they decide to get back to the projects :lol:

Money tiger: waste money such project with cost overruns, Viki carrier cost drama and your Vkrant over budget with 30% built celebration :omghaha:

Last edited by a moderator:
DO you have any source to prove that accuracy is not comparable to US or Ruskies? I have the source to prove it otherwise.

No , I was just replying to the poster .

We just have two decades of experience with BMs while US and Russia has over 5 decades .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom