Bowler O M R W
Shafiul 5.0 1 13 0
Razzak 14.0 3 41 1
Shakib 8.0 5 7 0
Mahmudullah 1.0 1 0 0
Fall of wicket
29 Cook

Umpires: A L Hill, R J Tucker, J J Crowe, Nadir Shah
Bangladesh: Iqbal, Kayes, Siddique, Jahurul, Mahmudullah, Shakib (C), Rahim (W), Naeem, Razzak, Shafiul, Hossain
England: Cook (C), Trott, Pietersen, Collingwood, Bell, Prior (W), Bresnan, Broad, Swann, Tredwell, Finn

So far I am happy with bd's performace against England all though we have not win match yet. Our team is young and need more time to mature but the hope is that bd team peforming well against big team like England. :)

Tamim Iqbal is Awesome. This kid got some firework in him. :flame:

BBC Sport - Cricket - Live - Bangladesh v England - Second Test

Live - Bangladesh v England - Second Test

LIVE TEXT COMMENTARY (all times GMT)
No need to reload page, content below updates automatically.

To get involved, e-mail tms@bbc.co.uk (with 'For Mark Mitchener' in the subject), use 606 (from 0900 GMT) or text us your views on 81111 (UK) or +44 7786200666 (worldwide) with "CRICKET" as the first word. (Not all comments can be used. Messages will be charged at your standard operator rate)

By Mark Mitchener

0445 - Eng 219-4 (82 overs)
Somewhat strangely, Bangladesh give pace bowler Shafiul Islam - who only bowled six overs yesterday - the second over with the new ball rather than the first. Prior turns a two off his legs, then scampers a leg bye as diminutive keeper Mushfiqur - dubbed "The Mighty Atom" by Simon Mann on TMS - gives chase. The increasingly fluent Bell guides another single.

Former England pace bowler Darren Gough on Twitter: "Watching Trott today was like watching paint dry, that's what's killing cricket"

0440 - NEW BALL TAKEN - Eng 215-4 (81 overs)
Bangladesh take the second new ball - but keep the spinners on! A loose delivery from Razzak is punched for four through point by Bell, he forces two more to third man and that's his 24th Test fifty.

Former Surrey and England batsman Mark Butcher on TMS: "This music they're playing at the drinks interval reminds me of the 'It's a Small World' ride music at Disneyland - pass the sick bag, I'm not a fan of it"

From Robert Liffey, Dublin, TMS inbox: "There is a serious possibility now that Bangladesh can win this Test and draw the series, what a marvellous triumph for the minnows of Test cricket if they do.

No fat central contracts for the Bangladesh players I am sure, they are just playing for national pride and they are not distracted by the upcoming IPL either, some England players I think have their minds already in Calcutta or Mumbai"

0432 - Eng 205-4 (80 overs)
Shakib is right on the money, not giving Prior much latitude until he guides a single to fine leg. Bell pinches the strike - the drinks cart is wheeled on, while the new ball is available - although Bangladesh have been doing pretty well with the old one.

0429 - Eng 203-4 (79 overs)
Bell plays out a maiden from Razzak - we're one over away from the first drinks break of the day.

From Steve McAllister-Pell, TMS inbox: "Picking up on tricky general knowledge questions (see James at 0351), one of my favourites is 'name the most southerly, northerly, westerly and easterly US states?' Florida is the most southerly, Alaska covers the other three - it is the most easterly as the Aleutian Islands cross the 180 degree line of latitude"

0426 - Eng 203-4 (78 overs)
Shakib has changed ends - Bell and Prior push some singles, this stand is now worth 29 and Bell is up to 40.

0422 - Eng 200-4 (77 overs)
New bowler, same action as Razzak replaces Shakib, and he strays down the leg side to allow Prior an easy single. Bell sweeps fluently for a single to bring up the 200.

From Thomas, Manteca, California, TMS inbox: "Ian Bell, (yeah time to get it started) - talk about scoring under pressure. For my money, if he does not score the big score now, right when we need one, under this limited Bangladesh pressure, then he has no right to be considered for any future Test match. I have been a big fan of Belly's but my patience is about done. Time to put up or shut up, once and for all"

Clearly "The Bell Debate" is alive and well...

0419 - Eng 198-4 (76 overs)
Rubel gets some late inswing and is cheered by the crowd, while the sweat is literally dripping off Bell as he tilts his helmet forward. Rubel finds the edge, but Bell benefits from the unorthodox slip formation - just a fourth slip and gully - as he edges one just out of the reach of fourth slip Junaid Siddique, diving to his left. That's four - Rubel takes out his frustration by slinging down a no-ball, Bell guides a comfortable two off his legs.

From Aaron, Wales, TMS inbox: "What's occurring Mark! I'd like to start talking about New Year Resolutions. Mine was to start my essays when given by lecturer and complete as soon as possible. However, here I am, at nearly 4am, finished my essay that's due in tomorrow when it was given to me a month ago, and now going onto revision for an exam on Neuro Psychology - fun - which is on tomorrow! Bell to get a scrappy century and England finish on 432"

0413 - Eng 191-4 (75 overs)
Michael Carberry is on 12th man duties for England, carrying out some drinks to Bell and Prior before Shakib trots in for his 30th over - and sends down his 17th maiden.

From Amir Mir, TMS inbox: "Bangladesh will do well with the ball today but they'll end up messing it up when it comes to bat thus allowing England an easy win"

0410 - Eng 191-4 (74 overs)
Rubel takes a quick drink of water before Prior cover-drives a wider delivery and some excellent tumbling fielding on the rope by Imrul Kayes restricts him to three. Rubel slings down a legside bouncer but Bell seems reluctant to try the hook shot.

Former England all-rounder Dominic Cork on TMS: "England have had to adapt to the conditions as this isn't the sort of pitch where you can come out and blaze a quick 50"

0405 - Eng 188-4 (73 overs)
Shakib, face smeared with sun cream, tosses it up to Bell, who moves on to 31 with a single. Prior does likewise to reach double figures.

0402 - Eng 186-4 (72 overs)
It's difficult for England at this stage when they're facing miserly left-arm spin at one end and slingy reverse swing at the other. Prior defends against Rubel, that's three maidens on the trot.

From Oli, Birmingham, TMS inbox: "(Re: Dave, 66th over) Five in the afternoon!? Luxury! I've got two to write for midday. When I started writing, Pietersen was still batting - though, I do admit, I have been spending most of the day on YouTube"

0358 - Eng 186-4 (71 overs)
Bell is watchful against the miserly Shakib, who sends down his 16th maiden over. (And if you haven't yet manually refreshed the page, please do so to remove the start time info).

From Paul Harris, South Florida, TMS inbox: "Now that Bangladesh are clearly heading for the top tier I suppose we'll have to wait another 40 years before the USA finally wakes up to the charms of a game that can last five days and still 'only' produce a draw... And yet, who after following some recent draws cannot say they cannot be exciting. Remember Cardiff, and know your Onions!"

Or Cape Town in January - I was there and felt like I aged several years during that last over!

0355 - Eng 186-4 (70 overs)
Big lbw appeal from Rubel as he slings in an in-ducker against Prior, that's close... but possibly going down leg. Prior survives... though Hawk-Eye thinks it would have clipped leg stump halfway up. Rubel, who had another good appeal turned down yesterday, is out of luck. Prior looks all at sea as he swipes and misses at full stretch at one which swings away from him. Maiden over.

0351 - Eng 186-4 (69 overs)
Wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim has a quick visit from the physio to check on a finger problem, but Shakib is quickly through his over as Bell and Prior bag a single apiece.

From James Mcinnes, Surrey, via text: "Poker and cricket = great Sunday night! Anyone know any hard general knowledge/sports questions to entertain my boss today to sidetrack him from my tired state?"

I have no objections to poker, except for when certain TV channels (on both sides of the Atlantic) seem to regard it as "sport". It's a game. Like Monopoly or chess.

0346 - Eng 184-4 (68 overs)
Cap'n Shakib clearly has plans for the new batsman as Razzak's off after one over and right-arm paceman Rubel Hossain comes on with his slingy action. And he gets some reverse swing as Prior forces a two off his legs. But bizarrely, there are no slips in - just a gully - and the Tigers are made to pay as a thick edge sails away for four. A single takes Prior to eight, a no-ball keeps the scoreboard ticking and Bell, who's looking confident today, clips a single to square leg to retain the strike.

From Liam, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, TMS inbox: "You say Monday mornings aren't everyone's cup of tea, but at least most people can get into the office and pretend to work while actually reading about the day's play. Instead I am in the office already, resenting the fact that it's Monday and eagerly anticipating reading about the day's play while pretending to work!"

0341 - Eng 175-4 (67 overs)
Matt Prior's not had much of a chance to bat in this series, but with England playing an extra bowler he's in at number six. He's off the mark with a single to fine leg - Shakib has 2-28 from 26 overs.

0338 - WICKET - Trott b Shakib 64 - Eng 174-4 (66.3 overs)
Trott prods cautiously at Shakib, but the ball hits him on the pad and rolls towards the stumps, with just enough force to dislodge a bail. Trott tries to kick it away but he's not quite quick enough.

From Jules, TMS inbox: "Had a shocker Mark - mistook 1.45am for 1.45pm so missed my spring break flight to Nicaragua. Currently wasting the night in Venice LA, and only an England win can make up for the large wedge I had to use to get a new flight"

0336 - Eng 174-3 (66 overs)
It's slow left-arm from both ends as Abdur Razzak takes the second over - he proved expensive at times yesterday, and Bell is positive straight away, helping himself to two through mid-wicket.

From Dave, London, via text: "I have two essays due for 5 this afternoon. Hoping Trott and Bell will at least see me to sunlight. Either way, this is excellent practice for the all-nighters for the Ashes in the winter"

0333 - Eng 172-3 (65 overs)
Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan, who bowled beautifully yesterday for figures of 24-15-26-1, begins proceedings with his left-arm spin. After a short delay while the sightscreens are adjusted, Ian Bell guides the first ball of the day off his legs for a single - then we have another, longer, delay while Trott characteristically takes absolutely ages to get ready and take guard. Must wind the bowlers up something rotten, that - he plays out the rest of the over.

0328: After a not-particularly-tuneful rendition of "Jerusalem" by the Barmy Army, messrs Bell and Trott are ready to resume England's first innings.

0325: Elsewhere in the cricket world, the fourth day of the first Test in Wellington has been held up by bad light at the Basin Reserve. New Zealand are doing slightly better in their second innings, following on, and had reached 363-6 - 61 ahead of Australia - when the light failed. Brendon McCullum is 92 not out.

From Boris the Optimist in foggy Epping Forest, TMS inbox: "I'm with Pietersen, declare 650-7 at tea tomorrow and then skittle them for 120 before lunch on Wednesday"

0317: TMS is under way - and I'd like to alert you to some interesting guests they've lined up for the intervals today. At lunch (0530 GMT), they hope to speak to Bangladesh Cricket Board president Mustafa Kamal, while there's a special feature on the Indian Premier League following yesterday's announcement that Pune and Kochi have been handed the two new IPL franchises for 2011.

TMS will be speaking to MCC president John Barclay about how close they were to bidding for a franchise. Meanwhile, the tea interval (due at 0810 GMT) will feature the first broadcast interview with new Professional Cricketers' Association chief executive Angus Porter.

From Steve, Sheffield, via text: "I'm eight hours into a 12-hour night shift and hopeful that Trott and Bell can push on and keep me awake"

0305: Apart from his former county skipper Shane Warne, there aren't many cricketers as relentlessly optimistic about their chances of winning games as Kevin Pietersen - and if you haven't seen or heard it, in his post-match interview yesterday, he insists England can still win the Test - while Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons feels the game is "evenly poised".

Don't forget, you can hear Simon Mann and the Test Match Special team's thoughts on each day's play via the TMS podcast, while if you want to listen back to any (or all) of the day's play from TMS, check out the BBC iPlayer if you're in the UK. Plenty to listen to, in other words.

0255: Morning, everyone - I know Monday mornings aren't everyone's cup of tea, but if you're up, I hope we can tempt you to stick with us for what could be an engrossing third day of the second Test from Mirpur, after Bangladesh had the better of day two.

The match situation is that England are 171-3 in reply to Bangladesh's first-innings total of 419, and cynics may feel the tourists' first target will be to reach 220 to avoid the humilating prospect of a follow-on.

It's a Warwickshire combo at the crease - Jonathan Trott dug in yesterday to score 64 from 187 balls, while he's added 64 for the fourth wicket with county team-mate Ian Bell, who has 25. I recently heard the third day of Test matches described as "the moving day" - so let's see who can move the game in their favour.

BBC Sport - Cricket - Live - Bangladesh v England - Second Test

Live - Bangladesh v England - Second Test

LIVE TEXT COMMENTARY (all times GMT)
No need to reload page, content below updates automatically.

To get involved, e-mail tms@bbc.co.uk (with 'For Mark Mitchener' in the subject), use 606 (from 0900 GMT) or text us your views on 81111 (UK) or +44 7786200666 (worldwide) with "CRICKET" as the first word. (Not all comments can be used. Messages will be charged at your standard operator rate)

By Mark Mitchener

0445 - Eng 219-4 (82 overs)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st innings: England 219-4 in 82 overs so far in comparison to Bangladesh' 419 total. If everything goes well BD will win the 1st innings.

I really like Tamim Iqbal. The kid's got talent and flair. And he is definitely proving to be a thorn in England's side.

I hope he is selected for next IPL. With 2 more franchises, more international players of T20 claibre are needed, and this guy fits the bill. He starts off the innings with a bang (exactly the kind of start needed in a T20) and has shown maturity beyond his years. If he continues in this form, he can attract a pretty good bid by next IPL.

and again Bangladesh lost its grip and England takes the lead

440/8

Back
Top Bottom