What's new

SCMP: Why is China peddling a coronavirus conspiracy theory?

“The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media.” — former CIA Director William Colby

LOL! I like how this quote magically popped up out of nowhere two decades after he died (1996)

Nobody can find any record of him saying that. It would have made front page news everywhere.

By the way Mao said in ~1963 "I secretly love America because the Communist Party SUCKS".

Last edited:
Which are then published on op-ed pages

OMG It's an op-ed page. That's not news. Are you serious???

People can write about how they were abducted by Aliens or how people should marry their pet cat.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/03/insider/opinion-op-ed-explainer.html
The Op-Ed Pages, Explained

When Gail Collins first started writing opinion pieces, she was a self-described yeller. She would yell and yell and yell, offering an authoritative lecture to readers about why or how they should care about a given topic. But that didn’t last long.

“After a while I thought, I would like to write something that doesn’t make people want to throw themselves out the window in the morning,”
The Opinion section operates editorially independently from the rest of the newspaper."

Last edited:
Wrong, again. One of the primary differences is that the Western media which is in large parts controlled by the CIA spreads propaganda globally and has led to genocidal illegal wars of aggression based on lies eg fake wmd in Iraq, Assad "gasses" people. It also spreads lies to demonize other nations that the usa wants to destroy and plunder eg "evil China", "evil Russia". China does neither of these things.

Show me evidence that large parts of US media is controlled by the CIA. Kind of difficult given that there are thousands of media outlets. It's also kind of difficult to hide. And why are you singling out the western media for being propaganda mouthpieces? I grew up during the Cold War. You don't think the Soviet Union engaged in propaganda to further their cause? How naive are you?

Show me evidence that large parts of US media is controlled by the CIA. Kind of difficult given that there are thousands of media outlets. It's also kind of difficult to hide. And why are you singling out the western media for being propaganda mouthpieces? I grew up during the Cold War. You don't think the Soviet Union engaged in propaganda to further their cause? How naive are you?

He's completely useless. Saying the CIA has infiltrated worldwide media by writing articles for op-ed pages of newspapers takes his argument to a new level of being stupid. He may as well say they have infiltrated https://www.theonion.com/

https://politics.theonion.com/damning-new-footage-shows-sanders-in-1980s-arguing-mado-1842016455
Damning New Footage Shows Sanders In 1980s Arguing Madonna Could Never Make Transition From Music To Film

Last edited:
Regardless of Jack Ma's ownership, it's obvious to everyone that place is infested with anti-China bashers. SCMP rarely reports objectively on Chinese matters. It's not a serious paper. It's more of a racist tabloid.

All the anti-China people should be fired. China should not allow anti-China forces to operate on Chinese territory. Xi need to control the local government and media in Hong Kong. Zero anti-China voices should be allowed. Too much leniency has given anti-China forces a safe haven in Hong Kong.

All the anti-China people should be fired. China should not allow anti-China forces to operate on Chinese territory. Xi need to control the local government and media in Hong Kong. Zero anti-China voices should be allowed. Too much leniency has given anti-China forces a safe haven in Hong Kong.

Calm down.

Back
Top Bottom