What's new

SC to decide on Sanjay Dutt today, yr predictions pls

There is a review process.

My understanding is that SC was handing out verdicts en masse and I think it couldn't show leniency to an actor and give hard time to the rest.

If the case is reviewed I think the 18 months he spent in jail are enough.

He's an old man now. Probably done with his youthful mistakes. He should be allowed to go free.

SC is not there to establish such precedents which will come to hound it for future hand outs (verdicts).

There is a review process.

My understanding is that SC was handing out verdicts en masse and I think it couldn't show leniency to an actor and give hard time to the rest.

If the case is reviewed I think the 18 months he spent in jail are enough.

He's an old man now. Probably done with his youthful mistakes. He should be allowed to go free.

i think this was after the review process , cause in first the TADA court had convicted him for 6 year .

He got 5 years in jail, oh why only 5 years?

i think this was after the review process , cause in first the TADA court had convicted him for 6 year .

Review process of the Supreme Court.

TADA court is defunct and it too convicted him only on the issue of illegal possessions.

yeah maybe you think so.....for ur "own" reasons.......but Sc doesnt think so.....

I'm fine either way. I enjoyed his Munna Bhai but not to the extent that I would be personally invested in the actor's future. However I'm just saying these are the facts present in front of us.

:tdown: possession of ak-47 not some 9mm , he had connection with underworld too.

:laugh: the entire Indian film industry has links with underworld

'Bollywood gets funds from underworld'PTI Sep 7, 2011, 06.11am IST

A leaked US cable has said Bollywood welcomed funding from gangsters and politicians, known in India as "black money". While there is no direct reference of Dawood Ibrahim who allegedly financed a number of movies, the cable said in recent decades, Bollywood has been associated with the notorious Mumbai underworld.
According to Jehil Thakkar, head of media and entertainment for (KPMG), this association stemmed from the financing needs of the industry; until 2000, by government fiat, the industry was ineligible for bank credit, private equity, and other legitimate commercial financing. "As a result, films were financed by ad hoc collections of investors, many of whom were from the construction and trade industries, who charged interest rates as high as 60-100%." agencies

"The industry also welcomed funds from gangsters and politicians, looking for ways to launder their ill-gotten gains, known in India as "black money", said the cable issued by the US Consulate in Mumbai, released by WikiLeaks.After the government added the film industry to the list of legitimate industries, the corporatisation of Bollywood - and the wider entertainment industry - began," the cable said.

'Bollywood gets funds from underworld' - Times Of India

Sanjay Dutt gets 5 years in jail in 1993 Mumbai blasts case

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court has upheld the conviction of actor Sanjay Dutt and has sentenced him to five years imprisonment. The actor has four weeks to surrender. The court said that the circumstances and nature of the offence was so serious that Dutt cannot be released on probation.

The apex court upheld the conviction of Sanjay Dutt under Arms Act in 1993 blasts case, but reduced the six year jail term given by TADA court to five years.

The apex court said it agreed with TADA court's decision to acquit him of terror charges but offences under Arms Act were clearly made out for possessing and later destroying weapons of prohibited calibre.

Sanjay Dutt, who has already served nearly 18 months in jail, will now have to go to jail and serve the remaining term.

Dutt will not be able to shoot pictures during the remaining three and a half years of prison term, the apex court said.

The judgement was delivered by a bench of Justice PS Sathasivam and BS Chauhan. The judges only read out the excerpts of the voluminous judgement that lasted for one and a half hours.

Sanjay Dutt was sentenced to a jail term of six years for illegal possession of firearms acquired from terrorist acquaintances, who were responsible for the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts on July 31, 2007.

He was granted bail by the apex court on November 27, 2007.

A total of 257 persons were killed and 713 others injured when a series 13 coordinated explosions shattered the metropolis on March 12, 1993.

The blasts occurred at 12 places including Bombay Stock Exchange building, Air-India Building at Nariman Point, at Worli opposite Century Bazaar, Hotels Sea Rock and Juhu Centaur.

Sanjay Dutt gets 5 years in jail in 1993 Mumbai blasts case - The Times of India

:laugh: the entire Indian film industry has links with underworld

'Bollywood gets funds from underworld'PTI Sep 7, 2011, 06.11am IST

A leaked US cable has said Bollywood welcomed funding from gangsters and politicians, known in India as "black money". While there is no direct reference of Dawood Ibrahim who allegedly financed a number of movies, the cable said in recent decades, Bollywood has been associated with the notorious Mumbai underworld.
According to Jehil Thakkar, head of media and entertainment for (KPMG), this association stemmed from the financing needs of the industry; until 2000, by government fiat, the industry was ineligible for bank credit, private equity, and other legitimate commercial financing. "As a result, films were financed by ad hoc collections of investors, many of whom were from the construction and trade industries, who charged interest rates as high as 60-100%." agencies

"The industry also welcomed funds from gangsters and politicians, looking for ways to launder their ill-gotten gains, known in India as "black money", said the cable issued by the US Consulate in Mumbai, released by WikiLeaks.After the government added the film industry to the list of legitimate industries, the corporatisation of Bollywood - and the wider entertainment industry - began," the cable said.

'Bollywood gets funds from underworld' - Times Of India

well till u are not get caught with a a.k-47 you will always be the '' good guy''

5 yrs minus time already served. so it is 3.5 yrs to go.
that also would B discounted on a good conduct...and a possible parole to procreate 3rd one..

You can be jailed for having a weapon in India but will scot-free for genocides

you can be jailed for blasphemy in pak,but will scot-free for genocides and terrorism.

mehhhhhhh so we are on a par with each other :laugh:

hail bharat indeed

you can be jailed for blasphemy in pak,but will scot-free for genocides and terrorism.

mehhhhhhh so we are on a par with each other :laugh:

hail bharat indeed

Back
Top Bottom