What's new

SC asks govt to remove Dr Zafar Mirza as SAPM on health

It is the job of the Executive, meaning the President, Prime Minister, Governors, the Chief Minister & the Ministers to appoint whosoever they seem fit. Court's job is to administer justice and punish the guilty according to the law of the Land and interpret the Constitution. Courts, including the Supreme Court, has full authority to question & even punish in case of abuse of power. A bad or inapt decision, however, is not a criminal offense simply because nobody is ' Mr. Know-All' and thus liable to make wrong decisions.

Even the most incompetent Prime Minister can only be declared ineligible if found guilty of a criminal offense but cannot be dismissed by the Supreme Court because the Court thinks that he is not qualified for the job.

IMHO, the Supreme Court is infringing on Imran Khan's authority by asking that Dr. Zafar Mirza should be removed from his job and the Gov't would be legally correct if this instruction is ignored.
I dont think there is a written order from SC. It was a remark by CJ during his conversation with AG. I doubt they will write such an order. The media and its backers are just running a campaign to create a clash between PTI govt and Judiciary and/or Army. So far IK has been successfully avoiding all of these baits.

Just as the likes of Hamid Mir pushed Musharaf into military action against Lal Masjid, and then became the spokesperson of the victims to dislodge his govt - a similar tactic is being used by N league social media team and their media gurus. I think this time no one is falling for their barking and heresay - no matter how much they scream in pain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom