What's new

Saudi's AEC to Develop F-15SA Sub-systems and AMRAAMs

This would actually be very smart and useful for the Middle Eastern defense market.

Turkish jet, Saudi missiles... Hmm.... Might not be a bad idea ;)

Well, both of KSA and the UAE are cooperating with Turkey militarily these days as well as Pakistan, so I guess we should be optimistic to some extent and keep it up :angel:

Well, both of KSA and the UAE are cooperating with Turkey militarily these days as well as Pakistan, so I guess we should be optimistic to some extent and keep it up :angel:
Yeah and it's not usually something people think of but being able to maintain your missile stocks domestically is very high up there in my mind in terms of independence in foreign policy. The idea of sanctions closing off access to missile purchases is very threatening. What will you do if there's a war right?

Question. Which version of the AMRAAMS will be made, and in what quantity? and any plans to sell ?

I best guess is the AIM-120D? I mean that's the best BVR missile now next to Meteor. AIM-120D (C-8) >180 km (>97 nm) which is the best missile for US BVR engagements.

I best guess is the AIM-120D? I mean that's the best BVR missile now next to Meteor. AIM-120D (C-8) >180 km (>97 nm) which is the best missile for US BVR engagements.

If I had to bet, it would be the AIM-120C/7.

That's the missile being sold to Saudi Arabia as part of that huge F-15SA package.

Why doesn't SA go for ToTs with it's dealings? It would boost SA's domestic R&D capabilities and make it more self-reliant. It's probably one of two, maybe three countries that have the kind of pull to get these ToTs, so why not get them?

Why doesn't SA go for ToTs with it's dealings? It would boost SA's domestic R&D capabilities and make it more self-reliant. It's probably one of two, maybe three countries that have the kind of pull to get these ToTs, so why not get them?

Tens of military projects of the RSF are being carried out via ToT.

Have you not bothered to read the thread title and its content?? Or you just saw the word Saudi and had a jerk reaction?!

Have you not bothered to read the thread title and its content?? Or you just saw the word Saudi and had a jerk reaction?!

Actually, I did read the title and the article. It doesn't mention anything about ToTs, only about joint development of subsystems.

Back
Top Bottom