What's new

Saudi Tornados back in action after upgrades

Arabian Legend

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
The upgrading of the Royal Saudi Air Force Tornados has been completed. The final aircraft being returned being photographed at Malta on its route back to the Kingdom.

Tornado%20RSAF%20-%20checuti.jpg

The BAE Systems end of year investor presentation confirmed that “Under the Saudi British Defence Co-operation Programme (SBDCP), orders totalling £3.4bn were awarded for support through to 2016, including the provision of manpower, logistics and training to the RSAF…. Under the TSP, the upgrade of the RSAF Tornado fleet is complete, with all of the contracted aircraft having been delivered back into the RSAF fleet. Delivery of Storm Shadow missiles to the RSAF under the TSP is progressing in line with the agreed programme schedule.“
The RSAF fleet of Tornado low-level, medium-range strike fighters will be receiving MBDA’s stealthy Storm Shadow medium range cruise missiles, and the MBDA/Boeing Brimstone anti-armour missile.

The upgrade programme is believed to give the Tornado fleet active life until at least 2020.
Two of the new Saudi Arabian Typhoons have also left Warton, near Manchester UK to join the RSAF fleet. They too are expected to make a technical stop in Malta today.

Arabian Aerospace - Saudi Tornados back in action after upgrades

I have one question Who is the real enemy of Saudi-arabia for which they are preparing themselves ?? Israel yemen or which country??they compete??and last year they buy 60bn $ of weapons from US!! But why??who is the target?

I have one question Who is the real enemy of Saudi-arabia for which they are preparing themselves ?? Israel yemen or which country??they compete??and last year they buy 60bn $ of weapons from US!! But why??who is the target?

Good question. Not everyone can answer it. It's definitely not Yemen. The part about Israel is the part I can't understand. Saudi people are sympathetic with Palestinians but I don't know if their military is trying to compete with Israel. And I wonder what would happen if they ever got involved in a war with Israel. Probably their planes would stop working. But I don't think we are in any good state. I dreamt of our Prophet(SAW), I think I saw sahaba too and we were all surrounding him I was trying to move in between people to see this guy, I didn't know who he was at first. But I came up and saw the left side of his face. But he was staring at the ground and quiet and looked a little angry. I know this has to do with our Ummah. It made me sad after I woke up. He was wearing bright blue and a turban on his head, but he doesn't look like how Shia people draw his pictures. He has a perfectly formed face I couldn't see the front but I saw the side and I still remember how he looked perfectly but I know he wants the best for us and we are doing something really wrong.

Israel and Iran and islamically Saudi Arabia is of great value which has to be protected and should have one of the strongest militaries in the world

The upgrading of the Royal Saudi Air Force Tornados has been completed. The final aircraft being returned being photographed at Malta on its route back to the Kingdom.

Tornado%20RSAF%20-%20checuti.jpg

The BAE Systems end of year investor presentation confirmed that “Under the Saudi British Defence Co-operation Programme (SBDCP), orders totalling £3.4bn were awarded for support through to 2016, including the provision of manpower, logistics and training to the RSAF…. Under the TSP, the upgrade of the RSAF Tornado fleet is complete, with all of the contracted aircraft having been delivered back into the RSAF fleet. Delivery of Storm Shadow missiles to the RSAF under the TSP is progressing in line with the agreed programme schedule.“
The RSAF fleet of Tornado low-level, medium-range strike fighters will be receiving MBDA’s stealthy Storm Shadow medium range cruise missiles, and the MBDA/Boeing Brimstone anti-armour missile.

The upgrade programme is believed to give the Tornado fleet active life until at least 2020.
Two of the new Saudi Arabian Typhoons have also left Warton, near Manchester UK to join the RSAF fleet. They too are expected to make a technical stop in Malta today.

Arabian Aerospace - Saudi Tornados back in action after upgrades
how many tornados are in service and how many have been retired and which fighter will replace F-5 plane ?

Good question. Not everyone can answer it. It's definitely not Yemen. The part about Israel is the part I can't understand. Saudi people are sympathetic with Palestinians but I don't know if their military is trying to compete with Israel. And I wonder what would happen if they ever got involved in a war with Israel. Probably their planes would stop working. But I don't think we are in any good state. I dreamt of our Prophet(SAW), I think I saw sahaba too and we were all surrounding him I was trying to move in between people to see this guy, I didn't know who he was at first. But I came up and saw the left side of his face. But he was staring at the ground and quiet and looked a little angry. I know this has to do with our Ummah. It made me sad after I woke up. He was wearing bright blue and a turban on his head, but he doesn't look like how Shia people draw his pictures. He has a perfectly formed face I couldn't see the front but I saw the side and I still remember how he looked perfectly but I know he wants the best for us and we are doing something really wrong.

Idk if you are being sarcastic!...if not please do tell why...?

how many tornados are in service and how many have been retired and which fighter will replace F-5 plane ?

Saudi Arabia doesn't operate f-5 anymore.

24 tornados have been retired.

FzVxA.png

^^ typhoon ordered 72 not 48, active number 26, training 6.

^^Tornados 86

^^Saab 2000 already received.

FzVxA.png

^^Tornados 86

I used to hear things about America being able to prevent them from working or targeting 'friendly' aircraft. I may be wrong. Please correct me since you're knowledgable about your country's weapons.

But btw, could you answer the question the guy asked? For what are the weapons gonna be used for?

ofc, ordered straight from America they decide who is friendly and who is enemy.

I used to hear things about America being able to prevent them from working or targeting 'friendly' aircraft. I may be wrong. Please correct me since you're knowledgable about your country's weapons.

But btw, could you answer the question the guy asked? For what are the weapons gonna be used for?

First, in Arabic we say البينة على من ادعى any one claim so, has to bring a proof.

people who say so usually refer to the IFF system without knowing how does that system functions and what is the purpose of it. The IFFs has no control over weapons lunching or targeting.

second Saudi Arabia doesn't only operate American weapons. we operate european, africa, china, Russia, pakistan...

RSAF operates EuroTyphoon and Tornado with different integrated missiles.

an3m1.com_13324457561.jpg

fourth RSAF operates AEWACs for communication, Op coordination, targeting, detection, foe identification, jamming..etc

The E-3 AWACS combines the following mission-system components: surveillance radar (housed in a rotating dome), navigation, communications, data processing, identification equipment, display equipment, and an airborne version of the IBM command-and-control multiprocessing computer.

Look-down radar elements:
Look-down radar antenna
Identification friend-or-foe (IFF) antenna
Data-link fighter-control (TADIL-C) antenna
Look-down radar capabilities:
360-degree view of the horizon
200-mile range at operating altitudes
Separation of airborne targets from ground and sea clutter signal returns that confuse other radars
Simultaneous detection and tracking of air and sea targets

Look-down radar antenna
Identification friend-or-foe (IFF) antenna
Data-link fighter-control (TADIL-C) antenna
360-degree view of the horizon
200-mile range at operating altitudes
Separation of airborne targets from ground and sea clutter signal returns that confuse other radars

third, Saudi Arabia has access to much more sophisticated weapons that can deter any threat.

Fourth GCC shield forces operate different european birds.

fifth Saudi Arabia is not stupid to buy useless birds.

Six RSAF manufactures its own targeting pod.

domain-79c755b223.jpg

282796388.jpg

In case of Israel, she has no strategic depth, Saudi Arabia missile forces can paralyze Israel easily. if a war erupt Israel will face it from different angels ... you know what I mean.

As for the Q. Saudi Arabia sees Israel and Iran as enemies and big threat to Islam and the region. P.S for any country you don't need to have enemies to militarize yourself, you have to be fully prepared all the time war is inevitable. Also واعدو لهم مااستطعتم ..الخ الاية

Thanks! But that really didn't satisfy my question so you Wanna say that maybe the Israel is enemy or KSA is preparing itself from any threat which could occur from any side and anytime?? or if world war happen so they can defend themselves?? :undecided:

Thanks! But that really didn't satisfy my question so you Wanna say that maybe the Israel is enemy or KSA is preparing itself from any threat which could occur from any side and anytime?? or if world war happen so they can defend themselves?? :undecided:

Arabian Legend answered it. :)

No one...........

No one...........

Nice joke if no one so why KSA is buying billions n billions of weapons from whole world and the most expensive one's and why KSA is wanna buy or maybe already buyed atom bombs from pakistan! ??

FzVxA.png

^^Tornados 86

@Arabain Legend @Mosamania Wikkipedia says you already have 153 F-15 and not 129 and 84 are on order are you are saying they are 129
@Arabian Legend

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom