What's new

Saudi PanNesma signs JV with Rayethon

Mosamania

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Pannesma and Rayethon sign joint venture agreement

(MENAFN - Arab News) Pannesma Company Ltd. and Raytheon have signed an agreement at Farnborough in the UK to establish a joint venture (JV) company in Saudi Arabia to support their command, control, communications, computer and intelligence (C4I) defense business.

Ted Millspaugh, GM, Pannesma, and Dan Crowley, president, Raytheon Network Centric Systems, signed the deal in the presence of Prince Abdulaziz Ahmad Abdulaziz Al-Saud, chairman of Pannesma Co., one of Atheeb Group companies, and Bill Swanson, chairman and CEO of Raytheon.
The agreement underscores Raytheon's and Pannesma's long-standing partnership and Raytheon's ongoing commitment to support and expand the Saudi industrial, educational and technology base. The JV company will build in-country resources for current and future C4I projects within the Kingdom. Raytheon and Pannesma will jointly manage and operate the business.

"The joint venture solidifies a long-standing partnership between our two companies in working within Saudi Arabia," said Dan Crowley, president, Raytheon Network Centric Systems. "The establishment of the joint venture allows Raytheon and Pannesma to provide the Kingdom with reliable and capable aerospace and defense systems while building on our community involvement in terms of job creation and educational opportunities."

Drawing upon over 20 years of cooperation, the JV will foster an increased level of cooperation and commitment between Raytheon and Pannesma with the ultimate goal to provide even more capable and reliable C4I systems for the defense needs of the Kingdom.

"Being a part of the Saudi Arabia industrial base, we understand the need to partner with established and innovative companies like Raytheon," said HRH Prince Abdul Aziz Ahmad Abdulaziz Al-Saud, chairman of Pannesma. "Through this joint venture we can bring the best solutions to the Kingdom."

Final establishment of the joint venture is expected to be complete by the end of 2012.

*http://www.menafn.com/menafn/1093533207/Saudi-Pannesma-Raytheon-ink-deal-to-form-JV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The article doesn't make it clear if it involves manufacturing or not though but most likely it does.

Pannesma Co

Company Overview

Pannesma Co. Ltd. is a subsidiary of Atheeb Group that comprises of 15 companies and 10,000 employees. Pannesma was established in 1981 as an Operation & Maintenance (O&M) services company to meet the growing needs of the Saudi Arabian market for technical and management services. Although initially focusing on manpower supply and other low technology projects, Pannesma acquired valuable experience working with established entities such as Hughes Aircraft, Raytheon, Eurocopter, Northrop, PanAm, Bendix, and the Port Authority of London, England. This experience has enabled Pannesma to successfully complete numerous technical projects of increasing complexity with the following government and commercial organizations:

Ministry of Defense and Aviation
Royal Saudi Air Force
Royal Saudi Naval Forces
Royal Saudi Land Forces
United States Air Force
United States Military Training Mission (USMTM)
U.S. – Saudi Arabian Joint Economic Commission (JECOR)
The Royal Commission for Jubail & Yanbu
SABIC
Saudi ARAMCO
Saudi Ports Authority
Ministry of Post, Telegraph & Telephone
Ministry of Culture and Information

Pannesma provides qualified and experienced professional management and engineering expertise with an intimate knowledge of the marketplace. As a result of experience with both international and national Saudi projects, Pannesma possesses the ability to achieve success in virtually every endeavor. Pannesma’s performance on many highly technical projects has earned the praise and respect of MODA, RSAF, RSNF, RSLFAC, USAF, U.S. Government and leading international companies.

Pannesma has successfully completed projects worth SR4.02 billion in the past. Our on-going projects are worth SR725 million. Pannesma’s Head Office is situated in Riyadh and has support offices in Dhahran, Jeddah, Khamis Mushayt, Tabuk, Taif, Al-Kharj and Hafr Al-Batin. Each of these offices provides operation, accounting, data control, supply and administrative support. Pannesma currently employs the majority of its 1,500 professional and skilled personnel in the technical and O&M fields.

PANNESMA Co. Ltd.> Company Overview

Services

Pannesma has expanded its activities to become a leading company for the provision of highly technical and administrative services, personnel support services, operation and maintenance services, project management and consultancy services, local and foreign procurement services.

Pannesma has more than 1500 skilled and experienced Saudi and expatriate personnel, strategically located in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Pannesma has a well-earned reputation for superb craftsmanship, rapid response, safe execution and dependable performance.

Pannesma’s record of retaining Engineers, Technicians, and highly skilled workers, is unmatched in the industry because we treat our employees fairly and equitably. The proven ability to retain employees contrasts with the rapid personnel turn over normally experienced by other firms in the same field of business in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. With a proven track record, Pannesma is better positioned to develop and maintain long-term partnership with customers who are seeking greater operating efficiencies and profitability.

Pannesma maintains offices in U.S.A., U.K., Philippines, Pakistan and India in order to provide professional support in recruitment, employment and visa services.

Pannesma’s recruitment efforts also include the extensive use of internet to locate qualified personnel.

C4I
56842658.png

ELEC_Rheinmetall_C4I_lg.jpg

The acronym C4I stands for "Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence".

DOD Definitions of Terms: Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I)

Command and control (C2) The exercise of authority and direction by a properly designated commander over assigned and attached forces in the accomplishment of the mission. Command and control functions are performed through an arrangement of personnel, equipment, communications, facilities, and procedures employed by a commander in planning, directing, coordinating, and controlling forces and operations in the accomplishment of the mission.

Command The authority that a commander in the Armed Forces lawfully exercises over subordinates by
virtue of rank or assignment. Command includes the authority and responsibility for effectively using available
resources and for planning the employment of, organizing, directing, coordinating, and controlling military forces for the accomplishment of assigned missions.

Computing and communications Two pervasive enabling technologies that support C2 and intelligence,
surveillance, and reconnaissance. Computers and communications process and transport information.

Control Authority which may be less than full command exercised by a commander over part of the
activities of subordinate or other organizations. Physical or psychological pressures exerted with the intent to
assure that an agent or group will respond as directed.

Intelligence (I) The product resulting from the collection, processing, integration, analysis, evaluation, and
interpretation of available information concerning foreign countries or areas. Information and knowledge about an adversary obtained through observation, investigation, analysis, or understanding.

Command and control is about decision making, the exercise of direction by a properly designated commander over assigned and attached forces in the accomplishment of a mission, and is supported by information technology (the computers and communications part of C4I). The United States is aggressively exploiting these technologies in order to achieve information superiority, with the objective of achieving better and faster decisions, and continually projecting, albeit with uncertainties, future desired states and directing actions to bring about those future states.

One important capability that C4I systems provide commanders is situational awareness--information about the location and status of enemy and friendly forces. A necessary component of achieving superiority in decision making, it does not alone guarantee superior decision making. Commanders must take relevant knowledge and combine it with their judgment--including difficult-to-quantify aspects of human behavior (such as fatigue, experience level, and stress), the uncertainty of data, and the plausible future states resulting from actions by both their own force and the enemy--to make decisions about future actions and how to convey those decisions in ways to facilitate their proper execution. In doing so, commanders are supported by tools to enable and accelerate the planning and decision-making process, to achieve the decision-making superiority envisioned by DOD. And, of course, to be effective, command decisions must be implemented, a process to which C4I technologies are also relevant (e.g., in speeding up the link through which targeting information is passed to weapons, the so-called sensor-to-shooter link). The development and use of the right tools allow the commander to focus better on those issues associated with the essence of command--the art versus the science. As more and better-automated tools are developed and people are trained to use them, it will become even more important to recognize the art of command as distinguished from the mechanics of the tools used to provide information.

C4I.org - What is C4I?

Back
Top Bottom