What's new

Saudi FM threatens Turkey over policy shift toward Syria

Ghazwa e Hind

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
john_kerry_Adel_al-Jubeir__.jpg

The Foreign Minister of Saudi Arabia, Adel al-Jubeir, said that Turkey knows very well that it is incapable of betraying the Syrian opposition with such ease, questioning the sudden and unexpected shift of attitude adopted recently by the Turkish Prime Minister.

“He [Turkish PM] is aware that Turkey is vulnerable to be divided by the Kurds; making such a fatal mistake will probably lead Turkey to collapse”.

Al-Jubeir’s remarks came as he held, yesterday, bilateral meetings with US Secretary of State John Kerry and National Security Advisor Susan Rice.

“Under the current circumstances, Turkey cannot afford being attacked by the Turkish opposition forces. Unlike the Syrian armed opposition which is capable of overthrowing Syria’s Assad and standing against the Turks”, he added.

Earlier this week, Turkish PM Binali Yildirim said improved relations with Syria were needed in the fight against terrorism and for stability in the region.

Saudi Arabia summoned Turkish ambassador in Riyadh to provide more explanation for the controversial statement.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/saudi-fm-threatens-turkey-policy-shift-toward-syria/

He is saying that House of Saud will support Kurds against Turks.
proxy wars?? good .the world has seen the capabilities of their armed forces in yemen. it's better for them to hire mercenaries to fight for them.

This is very harsh statement..

this statement reminds me about Iran's statements about Israel..

please read my comment again. I said the way Saudi threat turkey is same as Iran threat israel..

Saudi threatening terrorist attacks against Turkey is the same as Iran threatening to retaliate Israel if attacked?

House of Saud is really the scum of the earth, isn't it.

Saudi threatening terrorist attacks against Turkey is the same as Iran threatening to retaliate Israel if attacked?
now i would say take a deep breath and drink 3 class of cold water and sit for 30 mints alone and then read my both comments again..

Hmm.. This is very tough statement. Very undiplomatic.

Back
Top Bottom