Reaction score
Country
Jordan
5E2C43D2-F61E-4DAA-AA33-B17524D87371.jpeg.jpg

8BC17A2D-75E4-4285-891B-5E4F01DC3D38.jpeg.jpg

C7C03D16-34A8-4F59-A6A4-987F93239044.jpeg.jpg

C84830CF-72B0-4786-83C3-AC7453B39BEB.jpeg.jpg

CD025D98-8C68-421B-83E6-A5EADBB1180B.jpeg.jpg

APKWS is made by BAE US and should be much cheaper than RIM-116 because it is a strap on kit, whereas RIM-116 is purpose built for about a million dollars. Right now this is geared towards stopping Iranian fast boats, but can be reconfigured to deal with other threats.

Last edited:
View attachment 591407
View attachment 591408
View attachment 591409
View attachment 591410
View attachment 591411

APKWS is made by BAE US and should be much cheaper than RIM-116 because it is a strap on kit, whereas RIM-116 is purpose built for about a million dollars.
Isnt this sort of pointless when we know Saudis will always hire mercenaries/I'MFAT(IMFAT)/OIC soldiers to fight its wars??
I know you want to see Saudis as the top military force in the ME but they're problems cant be solved by money- they have low motivation and competence to actually fight wars.

Isnt this sort of pointless when we know Saudis will always hire mercenaries/I'MFAT(IMFAT)/OIC soldiers to fight its wars??
I know you want to see Saudis as the top military force in the ME but they're problems cant be solved by money- they have low motivation and competence to actually fight wars.
Lol, nobody hires mercs to operate ships m8, you stupid or something?

Didn't the US hire mercenaries in Iraq and called them "civilian contractors"? lol

Great development and one of many examples of how far the local arms Industry has come in a short time span. This is just the beginning.

Nobody in the region controls 90% + of a mountanoius country the size of Yemen (historically impossible to fully control even for the strongest Yemeni rulers thorughout the millenia) which is the size of Iraq and Syria combined (almost) and 30 million + people who have been at conflict for decades in a row and who have a warlike tradition. Against an actual army (Pro-Houthi elements of the Yemeni army that defected) and the most heavily armed and largest militia in the world (Houthis) fighting and hididng among civilians in their local densely populated mountanious areas of Yemen.

upload_2019-12-10_19-44-4.jpeg

So your blabbering is truly pointless. Besides I am not a fan of internal Arab conflicts.

Your beloved Mullah Iran does not have the capability of even launching such a large scale war in the first place. Only good for using Shia Arab militias and other Shia groups with origins in Afghanistan and Pakistan. So you should not really be takling about merceneries my Arabized Nigerian if you don’t want to look like an even bigger troll than usual.

Last edited:
Great development and one of many examples of how far the local arms Industry has come in a short time span. This is just the beginning.

Nobody in the region controls 90% + of a mountanoius country the size of Yemen (historically impossible to fully control even for the strongest Yemeni rulers thorughout the millenia) which is the size of Iraq and Syria combined (almost) and 30 million + people who have been at conflict for decades in a row and who have a warlike tradition. Against an actual army (Pro-Houthi elements of the Yemeni army that defected) and the most heavily armed and largest militia in the world (Houthis) fighting and hididng among civilians in their local densely populated mountanious areas of Yemen.

View attachment 593401

So your blabbering is truly pointless. Besides I am not a fan of internal Arab conflicts.

Your beloved Mullah Iran does not have the capability of even launching such a large scale war in the first place. Only good for using Shia Arab militias and other Shia groups with origins in Afghanistan and Pakistan. So you should not really be takling about merceneries my Arabized Nigerian if you don’t want to look like an even bigger troll than usual.
SAIF AL ARAB! LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE. I dont want your propaganda AGAIN and i dont want to get banned. Thank you.

SAIF AL ARAB! LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE. I dont want your propaganda AGAIN and i dont want to get banned. Thank you.

Can’t deal with the facts that I wrote for the entire world to see as usual when I pick your moronic drivel apart?

BTW what turns a partially Arabized Nigerian into a Farsi Mullah drone? Did that regime not just kill 1000 Iranian protestors? Talk about living in a Mullah world. I already told you how they regard your likes (Black Africans) but if you insist on being a house negro, please be my guest.

Can’t deal with the facts that I wrote for the entire world to see as usual when I pick your moronic drivel apart?

BTW what turns a partially Arabized Nigerian into a Farsi Mullah drone? Did that regime not just kill 1000 Iranian protestors? Talk about living in a Mullah world. I already told you how they regard your likes (Black Africans) but if you insist on being a house negro, please be my guest.
@waz this troll has resurected and started attacking me again.

@waz this troll has resurected and started attacking me again.

You are a troll. Calling your baseless and idiotic nonsense out in an informative thread that deals with one of the many positive achievements in the Saudi Arabian arms industry. Behave or I will continue to pick your nonsense apart.

View attachment 593401

LMAO. The same farsi mullahs you criticize knocked out half of your country's oil production and you didnt do anything. hell , i dont blame you, US didnt do anything either!

IF ONLY SAUDI ARABIA'S ACTIONS ON THE GROUND WERE AS TOUGH AS THE PROPAGANDA YOU MANUFACTURE ON THIS FORUM:
Saudi Arabia Seeks to Ease Tensions With Iran
September attack on oil facilities was ‘game-changer’ for Riyadh; new stance aims to protect economy
A September strike widely blamed on Iran caused damage to a Saudi Aramco oil facility in Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia. HAMAD L MOHAMMED/REUTERS

• TEXT

By
Benoit Faucon in Paris,
Summer Said in Dubai and
Warren P. Strobel in Washington
Dec. 12, 2019 2:16 pm ET

Saudi Arabia is quietly trying to mend fences with Iran and other regional foes as officials in the kingdom have grown more worried about the risks conflict poses to its oil-dependent economy.

Riyadh’s newfound interest in better relations with regional rivals comes as Saudi officials question how much backing it has from the U.S. and other allies. Saudi calculations changed after a cruise-missile and drone strike—blamed on Tehran—temporarily disabled a large portion of the country’s crude production earlier this year. Washington didn’t hit back at Iran after the attack, but it sent troops to strengthen Saudi defenses.

“The Sept. 14 attack was a game-changer,” one Saudi official said.

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman attending a heavyweight boxing match last week in in Diriya, Saudi Arabia. PHOTO: BANDAR AL-JALOUD/SAUDI ROYAL PALACE/AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE/GETTY IMAGES
Representatives of Saudi Arabia and Iran have directly exchanged messages in recent months and also communicated through intermediaries in Oman, Kuwait and Pakistan, according to Saudi, European and U.S. officials. The main focus of the communications, these officials say, has been easing tensions between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

According to Iran’s ambassador to Paris, Bahram Ghasemi, and other officials, Tehran has floated a peace plan to the Saudis that includes a mutual pledge of nonaggression and cooperation, aimed at securing oil exports following a spate of tanker attacks.

Mine explosions struck Saudi, Emirati and Japanese oil tankers this summer near the strategic Strait of Hormuz. Those attacks, which the U.S. blamed on Iran, were followed by explosions in October on an Iranian tanker that Tehran blamed on an unnamed foreign government. The incidents have driven up the cost of shipping and forced oil buyers to delay loadings.

Riyadh has also engaged in secret talks with Iranian-backed Houthi rebels it has been fighting in Yemen for years, according to Arab and U.S. officials. The conflict there has created what the United Nations has described as the world’s worst humanitarian crisis. The two sides now have a hotline in an effort to minimize potential clashes, said a Western official.

Houthi forces initiated the push for talks in September with a proposal for a unilateral cease-fire; the Saudis responded with a partial cease-fire of their own.

“Realpolitik has set in,” one senior U.S. official said, with the Saudis recognizing that “they’ve just got to pare down on the challenges they have on multiple fronts.”

The mine-damaged Japanese-owned oil tanker Kokuka Courageous is seen behind a U.S. sailor in June off Fujairah, United Arab Emirates. PHOTO: FAY ABUELGASIM/ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Saudi Embassy in Washington and the Royal Court in Riyadh didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Iran’s delegation to the U.N. likewise didn’t respond to a request for comment. “Iran doesn’t want the continuation of tensions. We are seeking peace,” Mr. Ghasemi said in an Oct. 30 interview. He couldn’t be reached for comment on the status of any direct consultations with Saudi Arabia.

Support has eroded for Saudi Arabia in key world capitals, especially Washington, where lawmakers from both parties want to see Riyadh end the war in Yemen and hold people accountable for the killing of Saudi writer Jamal Khashoggi.

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Riyadh is facing renewed questions from U.S. lawmakers about its reliability as an ally after a Saudi Air Force trainee killed three American sailors last week at a Florida military base.

In an effort to aid the investigation into the killings and assuage U.S. concerns, Saudi authorities have been contacting the man’s relatives, reviewing his Twitter account as well as speaking to former colleagues and friends to learn more about how he came to hold his extremist views, according to a Saudi official familiar with the matter.

The Saudi outreach also comes at a pivotal time for Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who is trying to remake the kingdom’s economy.

The initial public offer of Saudi Aramco, which started trading Wednesday, is a catalyst for raising funds to seed real estate, tourism and technology projects in the kingdom. But following the September attack, concerns have grown over the security of Aramco’s assets.

A second Saudi official said the kingdom was compelled to engage with Iran as it prepared for Aramco’s listing. The initial public offering from the oil giant was valued last week at $1.7 trillion. Aramco’s shares rose on Thursday, briefly hitting Prince Mohammed’s valuation target of $2 trillion, before ending the day’s trading just shy of that mark.

The prospect of a wider conflict with Iran jeopardizes Saudi oil exports and also risks scaring away overseas investors the kingdom needs for fresh capital, cutting-edge technology and management know-how.

Other players in the region, including the United Arab Emirates, are skeptical of Riyadh’s outreach to Iran. U.S. officials have also publicly warned that Iran may be planning a new attack in the region.

Graves including those of people killed in Yemen's prolonged fighting at a cemetery in the country’s capital, Sana’a, last week. PHOTO: YAHYA ARHAB/EPA/SHUTTERSTOCK
Saudi Arabia doesn’t “trust the Iranians,” said a Saudi official, but Riyadh hopes it “can at least come to an agreement to stop possible attacks in the future.”

Tehran, hard hit by the Trump administration’s “maximum-pressure” campaign of economic sanctions, has expressed an interest in detente. Despite years of enmity, Iranian officials have previously raised the hope that Saudi Arabia could act as an intermediary in an economic-relief package—using its special relationship with Washington to end sanctions rather than encourage them.

Transforming back-channel diplomacy into overt peace talks and an end to the two countries’ shadow war has been a challenge. While Iranian moderates have backed rapprochement with regional powers, conservatives see a robust security role in the region as a prerequisite for maintaining the Islamic Republic’s clout beyond Iran.

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS
Can Saudi Arabia reduce tensions through secret talks with its adversaries? Why or why not? Join the conversation below.

Similar obstacles confront other fence-mending efforts. In Yemen, the Saudis and Emiratis face a struggle persuading a fractured Houthi movement and the internationally backed government of Yemeni President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi to share power, officials said.

Riyadh is also trying to find a way to end a two-year deadlock with Qatar, its tiny Persian Gulf neighbor. Saudi Arabia and more than a dozen allies abruptly cut off diplomatic ties with Qatar in 2017 after accusing it of supporting terrorism.

All the moves suggest things are moving on “positive trajectories” in the Gulf, the senior U.S. official said, describing the diplomatic efforts as the “slimmest of shoots” that will take time to bear fruit.

In one sign of the persistent impasse, Qatar’s Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani decided to skip a summit of the six-nation Gulf Cooperation Council that started Tuesday in Riyadh. The emir sent the country’s prime minister in his place, one possible factor in the meeting having produced no breakthroughs.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-arabia-seeks-to-ease-tensions-with-iran-11576178194

LMAO. The same farsi mullahs you criticize knocked out half of your country's oil production and you didnt do anything. hell , i dont blame you, US didnt do anything either!

IF ONLY SAUDI ARABIA'S ACTIONS ON THE GROUND WERE AS TOUGH AS THE PROPAGANDA YOU MANUFACTURE ON THIS FORUM:
Saudi Arabia Seeks to Ease Tensions With Iran
September attack on oil facilities was ‘game-changer’ for Riyadh; new stance aims to protect economy
A September strike widely blamed on Iran caused damage to a Saudi Aramco oil facility in Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia. HAMAD L MOHAMMED/REUTERS

• TEXT

By
Benoit Faucon in Paris,
Summer Said in Dubai and
Warren P. Strobel in Washington
Dec. 12, 2019 2:16 pm ET

Saudi Arabia is quietly trying to mend fences with Iran and other regional foes as officials in the kingdom have grown more worried about the risks conflict poses to its oil-dependent economy.

Riyadh’s newfound interest in better relations with regional rivals comes as Saudi officials question how much backing it has from the U.S. and other allies. Saudi calculations changed after a cruise-missile and drone strike—blamed on Tehran—temporarily disabled a large portion of the country’s crude production earlier this year. Washington didn’t hit back at Iran after the attack, but it sent troops to strengthen Saudi defenses.

“The Sept. 14 attack was a game-changer,” one Saudi official said.

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman attending a heavyweight boxing match last week in in Diriya, Saudi Arabia. PHOTO: BANDAR AL-JALOUD/SAUDI ROYAL PALACE/AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE/GETTY IMAGES
Representatives of Saudi Arabia and Iran have directly exchanged messages in recent months and also communicated through intermediaries in Oman, Kuwait and Pakistan, according to Saudi, European and U.S. officials. The main focus of the communications, these officials say, has been easing tensions between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

According to Iran’s ambassador to Paris, Bahram Ghasemi, and other officials, Tehran has floated a peace plan to the Saudis that includes a mutual pledge of nonaggression and cooperation, aimed at securing oil exports following a spate of tanker attacks.

Mine explosions struck Saudi, Emirati and Japanese oil tankers this summer near the strategic Strait of Hormuz. Those attacks, which the U.S. blamed on Iran, were followed by explosions in October on an Iranian tanker that Tehran blamed on an unnamed foreign government. The incidents have driven up the cost of shipping and forced oil buyers to delay loadings.

Riyadh has also engaged in secret talks with Iranian-backed Houthi rebels it has been fighting in Yemen for years, according to Arab and U.S. officials. The conflict there has created what the United Nations has described as the world’s worst humanitarian crisis. The two sides now have a hotline in an effort to minimize potential clashes, said a Western official.

Houthi forces initiated the push for talks in September with a proposal for a unilateral cease-fire; the Saudis responded with a partial cease-fire of their own.

“Realpolitik has set in,” one senior U.S. official said, with the Saudis recognizing that “they’ve just got to pare down on the challenges they have on multiple fronts.”

The mine-damaged Japanese-owned oil tanker Kokuka Courageous is seen behind a U.S. sailor in June off Fujairah, United Arab Emirates. PHOTO: FAY ABUELGASIM/ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Saudi Embassy in Washington and the Royal Court in Riyadh didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Iran’s delegation to the U.N. likewise didn’t respond to a request for comment. “Iran doesn’t want the continuation of tensions. We are seeking peace,” Mr. Ghasemi said in an Oct. 30 interview. He couldn’t be reached for comment on the status of any direct consultations with Saudi Arabia.

Support has eroded for Saudi Arabia in key world capitals, especially Washington, where lawmakers from both parties want to see Riyadh end the war in Yemen and hold people accountable for the killing of Saudi writer Jamal Khashoggi.

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Riyadh is facing renewed questions from U.S. lawmakers about its reliability as an ally after a Saudi Air Force trainee killed three American sailors last week at a Florida military base.

In an effort to aid the investigation into the killings and assuage U.S. concerns, Saudi authorities have been contacting the man’s relatives, reviewing his Twitter account as well as speaking to former colleagues and friends to learn more about how he came to hold his extremist views, according to a Saudi official familiar with the matter.

The Saudi outreach also comes at a pivotal time for Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who is trying to remake the kingdom’s economy.

The initial public offer of Saudi Aramco, which started trading Wednesday, is a catalyst for raising funds to seed real estate, tourism and technology projects in the kingdom. But following the September attack, concerns have grown over the security of Aramco’s assets.

A second Saudi official said the kingdom was compelled to engage with Iran as it prepared for Aramco’s listing. The initial public offering from the oil giant was valued last week at $1.7 trillion. Aramco’s shares rose on Thursday, briefly hitting Prince Mohammed’s valuation target of $2 trillion, before ending the day’s trading just shy of that mark.

The prospect of a wider conflict with Iran jeopardizes Saudi oil exports and also risks scaring away overseas investors the kingdom needs for fresh capital, cutting-edge technology and management know-how.

Other players in the region, including the United Arab Emirates, are skeptical of Riyadh’s outreach to Iran. U.S. officials have also publicly warned that Iran may be planning a new attack in the region.

Graves including those of people killed in Yemen's prolonged fighting at a cemetery in the country’s capital, Sana’a, last week. PHOTO: YAHYA ARHAB/EPA/SHUTTERSTOCK
Saudi Arabia doesn’t “trust the Iranians,” said a Saudi official, but Riyadh hopes it “can at least come to an agreement to stop possible attacks in the future.”

Tehran, hard hit by the Trump administration’s “maximum-pressure” campaign of economic sanctions, has expressed an interest in detente. Despite years of enmity, Iranian officials have previously raised the hope that Saudi Arabia could act as an intermediary in an economic-relief package—using its special relationship with Washington to end sanctions rather than encourage them.

Transforming back-channel diplomacy into overt peace talks and an end to the two countries’ shadow war has been a challenge. While Iranian moderates have backed rapprochement with regional powers, conservatives see a robust security role in the region as a prerequisite for maintaining the Islamic Republic’s clout beyond Iran.

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS
Can Saudi Arabia reduce tensions through secret talks with its adversaries? Why or why not? Join the conversation below.

Similar obstacles confront other fence-mending efforts. In Yemen, the Saudis and Emiratis face a struggle persuading a fractured Houthi movement and the internationally backed government of Yemeni President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi to share power, officials said.

Riyadh is also trying to find a way to end a two-year deadlock with Qatar, its tiny Persian Gulf neighbor. Saudi Arabia and more than a dozen allies abruptly cut off diplomatic ties with Qatar in 2017 after accusing it of supporting terrorism.

All the moves suggest things are moving on “positive trajectories” in the Gulf, the senior U.S. official said, describing the diplomatic efforts as the “slimmest of shoots” that will take time to bear fruit.

In one sign of the persistent impasse, Qatar’s Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani decided to skip a summit of the six-nation Gulf Cooperation Council that started Tuesday in Riyadh. The emir sent the country’s prime minister in his place, one possible factor in the meeting having produced no breakthroughs.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-arabia-seeks-to-ease-tensions-with-iran-11576178194

For 48 hours. After KSA had orchestrated several attacks on the Iranian heartland killing almost 100 IRGC soldiers. Attacking the parliament in broad daylight, blowing busses full of IRGC up in Balochistan, attacking military parades, supporting seperatists derailing trains and attacking oil and gas infrastructure in Al-Ahwaz.

Taking the oil quota from the Mullah’s depriving them of 100’s billions in revenue, being one of the architects and main supporters of the grippling sanctions that have bankrupted the country. Helping cause unrest in Iran recently forcing the Mullah’s to kill 1000 of their own. Iran need to do 100 times more damage to KSA to even compare.

BTW those were Houthis and KSA could flatten the oil and gas sector of Iran (already crippled by large) but KSA has more to loose doing that than a failed sanctioned entity facing widescale protests several years in a row. KSA is booming on every front. Largest IPO in history just a few days ago. Life is good for KSA unlike your beloved Mullah’s.

As for that useless article, no such thing. King Salman blasted the Mullah’s in public in broad daylight during the GCC summit in KSA a few days ago.

https://www.thenational.ae/world/gcc/gcc-heeds-king-salman-s-iran-warning-at-40th-summit-1.949451

View attachment 591407
View attachment 591408
View attachment 591409
View attachment 591410
View attachment 591411

APKWS is made by BAE US and should be much cheaper than RIM-116 because it is a strap on kit, whereas RIM-116 is purpose built for about a million dollars. Right now this is geared towards stopping Iranian fast boats, but can be reconfigured to deal with other threats.

Are you a member of ADF bro? And why the ban? Barely any Arabs left on PDF thus almost zero point being here. We should all move to ADF. This section is not kept up to date either. Tons of positive news and new developments across the Arab world each month.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom