What's new

Saudi Arabian Shias in KSA mourn (Ashura) the martyrdom of the son of the soil Al-Husayn ibn Ali(ra)

Saif al-Arab

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
DnhiMRCXoAAx2Y8.jpg

DnhiMROW0AAlRgp.jpg

DnhiMQ0W0AYsrhp.jpg

KSA is home to the world's oldest Shia community as well as the oldest Sunni, Sufi etc. communities naturally.

Saudi Arabian Shias (if Twelvers, Zaydis and Ismailis are grouped into one large group) make up around 15-20% of the population.

Some of our ordinary Shia lot.

أبوموسى العصافرة
by Tayseer Alabyadh, on Flickr

من متنزه جبل كوهسنكي

Ashura Al Hussain

Ashura Al Hussain

Ashura Al Hussain

Ghadeer

من أرض الدوخلة

عروس من أرض الدوخلة

A Shia in the RSAF.

There is no place for sectarianism in KSA or violence related to this disease. People are one people. People won't accept it. A few troublemakers (on both sides) will always be present but as long as they are a few drops in the ocean, there is not much reason for concern. In fact the development (each year, IN PARTICULAR since Daesh emerged) to openly and clearly speak out against all kind of divisions whether sectarian, regional, clan, tribal, social, ethnic etc. has risen a lot, in particular among the youth (70% of the population of KSA).

Last edited:
The best way to remember Hussain's sacrifice is to donate for Water Dam fund in Pakistan
to remember the tough situation they faced in hot desert environment and lack of water

The Eastern Province and Al-Hasa are one of the food baskets of the Middle East. Even rice grows there and historically grew there and was exported to the region/Arab world alongside nearby Southern Iraqi rice.

There was an article online not long ago that said that Hasawi rice is the most expensive rice in the world.

Water is not lacking either. Neither in most of KSA. Hence there never being any real famines unlike elsewhere in the region. In fact people were entirely self-sufficient back then as there was plenty of water, agricultural products etc. for everyone before the industrialization of the modern-day world. Communities were self-sufficient. City dwellers did their thing, farmers/villagers did their think and pastoral nomads did their thing. All contributed to the ecosystem.

I think your post is a bit strange as it has nothing to do with the topic but I wish all the best for Pakistan in its fight against desertification and less wastefulness of resources.
Similarly in KSA, the Arab world and the entire world in fact as we live on the same planet and there is only one planet for us to live on.

I believe that the geography of Pakistan cannot support so many people (200 million +) especially as vast, vast majority of the population live along the lifeline of Pakistan (Indus river). A bit like in Egypt with the Nile. It's not foreseeable in the future if the current trend (population demographics) continue.

My two quick cents and best of luck.

Last edited:
Eastern Province and Al-Hasa is a food basket of the Middle East. Water is not lacking. Neither in most of KSA. Hence there never being any real famines unlike elsewhere in the region. In fact people were entirely self-sufficient back then as there was plenty of water, agricultural products etc. for everyone before the industrialization of the modern-day world. Communities were self-sufficient. City dwellers did their thing, farmers/villagers did their think and pastoral nomads did their thing. All contributed to the ecosystem.

I think your post is a bit strange as it has nothing to do with the topic but I wish all the best for Pakistan in its fight against desertification and less wastefulness of resources.
Similarly in KSA, the Arab world and the entire world in fact as we live on the same planet and there is only one planet for us to live on.

I believe that the geography of Pakistan cannot support so many people (200 million +) especially as vast, vast majority of the population live along the lifeline of Pakistan (Indus river). A bit like in Egypt with the Nile. It's not foreseeable in the future if the current trend (population demographics) continue.

My two quick cents.
Also the immigration of najdi tribes to the shiekhdom of muntafiq made progress in the palm trees planting

View attachment 500419 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Ukhaidhir

It’s interesting that the birthplace of the modern salafi movement was ruled by zaydis

Actually many Shia dynasties ruled many different areas of Arabia.

For example just 84 years ago the Idrisid Emirate of Asir ruled the beautiful mountainous and lush Asir province.

The rulers were Sunni but many Shia lived in the Emirate.

Also it is worth noticing that Shia heartland (today) such as Southern Iraq was actually majority Sunni not that long ago. For example 300 years ago most of the tribes and clans were Sunnis with Shias confined mostly to Najaf and Karbala. Later many Najdi (but not only) tribes converted to Shia Twelver Islam.

From what I remember the place where Shias had not ruled much or been present much, outside of Southern Lebanon, is Levant. Maybe it is due to the heavy legacy of the Umayyads?

North Africa also but this is probably due to the same reason (Umayyad) and the popularity and spread of the Maliki madhhab.

Although Egypt has a small Shia community due to the Fatimids.

Did you know that there lives local Shia communities in countries like Qatar, UAE, Oman etc.?

Most know about Bahrain and Kuwait already.

Also the immigration of najdi tribes to the shiekhdom of muntafiq made progress in the palm trees planting

Yes.

It is remarkable how similar the farms, palm groves etc. of Najd and Southern Iraq are. This is shared heritage. Also have in mind that much of Eastern Province and Northeastern Nejd had large marshes as well. In fact the Gulf was initially an inland lake/marshland if I remember. Also a lot of current-day land was underwater.

Not a single negative incident across all of KSA. Once again. As usual. Great job to everyone involved. Participants as well as security.

Pathetic Iranian Mullah regime supporters and bots can put their empty and ridiculous propaganda a place where the sun never shines!

Living in Saudia in past never realized that Saudia has such a large population of Shia Muslims which are no less then the Sunni Muslims in anyways , in end Allah judges you based on your deeds and virtue

However a great share

In the modern difficult times muslims face across Sudan/Syria and other places of conflict like Palestine and Kashmir

It is important the two large states Saudia and Iran sit down on table

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom