What's new

Saudi Arabia in Pictures

Last time I was in Saudiya, it's been a while and my brother lives in Damaam and after we did the Omra (AlHamdulilah) and left Makkah and went to Medinah and after we ended the trip in Jeddah, the last pic in the last post reminded me of that and I'll never forget my favorite part was later in the evening when the streets are bustling with people and everyone is just walking and shopping from the hundreds of thousands of incredible stores filled with the top of the line electronics to the best watches to anything you can imagine. Just walking, sipping on mango juice and looking at all the things in the storefronts with the family was so enjoyable and unforgettable. Not too many places with that kind of feel.

Nice share (as usual) brother. You are most welcome and I hope that you will visit other parts of KSA (size of Western Europe) one day. Hopefully when KSA fully opens up to tourism, builds the needed infrastructure and changes some of the mostly recent (25-30 year old) moronic laws. One can only hope.

Do you know there are over 1000 islands in Saudi Arabia?
3164eca7-31fd-400f-8512-a3f3c5eb2e7e_16x9_788x442.jpg

Saudi Arabia has 1285 islands in the Red Sea and the Arabian Gulf. (supplied)

Mohammed al-Harbi, Al Arabiya.net
Tuesday, 2 May 2017

When we think of Saudi Arabia, what comes to mind is vast oceans of sand dunes and enchanting deserts. However, did you know that the Kingdom also has 1285 islands in the Red Sea and the Arabian Gulf?

The Red Sea and the Gulf of Aqaba alone host 1150 islands making 89 percent of their total number, while the remaining 135 islands in the Arabian Gulf constitute 11 percent of them.

dac21cd7-88fa-4495-9e43-b5f0b586ca73.jpg

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has 1285 islands in the Red Sea and the Arabian Gulfs. (Supplied)

These islands are considered major tourist attractions because of the diverse nature of their geology. Whether they are coral, sandy or volcanic, the islands have shores that vary between soft sands and high rocky mountains.

The largest Saudi islands
Farasan Island is the largest island of the archipelago, which has more than 200 islands one of which is dedicated to diving explorations. Farasan is spread across 380 square kilometers and is the biggest.

The island of Sajid comes second in terms of size with an area of 150 square kilometer while Abu Ali Island in the Arabian Gulf has an area of 59 square kilometers followed by the island of Batinah, 33 square kilometers. Tarot Island stretches 20 square kilometers.

58f8c8a1-fe18-49a3-bc64-c919ac603647.jpg

The island of Farsan has an ecologically diverse marine life that can only be found on a few islands in the world. (Supplied)

The island of Farasan has an ecologically diverse marine life that can only be found on a few islands across the world. There are multiple kinds of birds, coral reefs and rare marine life.

Raw amber is abundant and is a main source of income for many inhabitants of the island. Farsan is also rich with coastal mangrove trees. In addition, the water in this part of the island also contains unusual coral reefs, flowering plants and seagrass.

Turtles and seabirds are found on the island's beaches in large groups at specific times of the year. Other islands include Amna, Kadmil, Kamah Island, Damask, Zafaf, Dushk, Safeed and Kira. Among the islands of the Red Sea are “Sanafir and Tiran”, which are located near the Gulf of Aqaba.

The Arabian Gulf islands
The Arabian Gulf is home to 150 islands including Abu Ali in north of Jubail, the largest of the Arabian islands in the Gulf. The Arabian Gulf also harbors well-known Saudi Arabian islands, including Batinah, Qarmah, Jannah, Musallamah, Al-Jarid, Daghina, Karan and Harkos.

6b0b115d-79d6-4e4a-b15b-1d947e9f806c.jpg

Turtles and seabirds are nestled as well on the island's beaches in large groups at specific times of the year. (Supplied)

“Harkos” is one of the most important Saudi islands as a natural habitat for many kinds of birds and turtles dwelling in the Arabian Gulf. Alarabiya is the Kingdom’s farthest island within the Arabian Gulf. It is located 50 nautical miles away from the Saudi coasts.

The most significant three Saudi islands in the south of the Arabian Gulf can be found near the entrance of Khor al-Adid north of Ras Abu Qamis, and they are Hawisat, Huthba and Sayad.

d0ff6b0c-5c53-47fd-a456-b965b0f49a4d.jpg

The Arabian Gulf is home to 150 islands including Abu Ali in north of Jubail. (Supplied)

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/li.../2017/05/02/Saudi-Arabia-s-1000-islands-.html

Saudi Arabian soldiers patrolling the beach of Al-Khafji during the First Gulf War. Almost 30 years ago.

DSC00325-9.jpg

C1Y6RDAXcAEvcHm.jpg:large

Nice article about surfing in KSA:

http://www.blueabaya.com/2017/05/surfing-in-saudi-arabia.html

Superb. Beach Boys should now sing "Surfing KSA". :-) Bro enjoys a lot of this stuff since his work takes him offshore etc., so he gets to spend time in many of these fantastic areas and one of these days soon ISA we'll make it a big family event. Being there has lifted his spirituality also, since he gets to do Hajj any year he wants. I believe he's at 16 or 18 times already, mashAllah. We'll take all his Dua's every time!

CeGFhr8UsAAASwh.jpg:large

CeKnTNrW4AAAfIv.jpg:large

CeeylOfWIAAp4bF.jpg:large

إطلالة على قرية ذي عين الأثرية - الباحة
by Jawad Roumi جواد الرومي, on Flickr

View .
by Hmood Al Nasseer, on Flickr

KSA has some of the largest lava fields and volcanic areas in the world. Mainly in Western KSA, Hijaz in particular.

Albida Volcano, Kybar, saudi Arabia
by Abdullah Alturaigy, on Flickr

Volcano Madina Saudi Arabia

kasser

Alkasser Lake Zulfi Saudi Arabia

Traditional Hijazi architecture in Jeddah. The old town is a World UNESCO Heritage Site.

Old Jeddah
by BA&AA, on Flickr

7066375361_c91c27fd19_b.jpg

4904884436_bdfc1b1cb7_b.jpg

cac14124ad456b9dcc94d382a8b89735-jpg.142154

Prayer time in Southern KSA.

fe9f56e6bebbc518e69257cc900b05ba-jpg.142614

Screen_Shot_2016_04_29_at_11_02_17_PM.png

فرسان
by Jazan Know, on Flickr

Saudi Arabia Snow
by ABO_TMEEM, on Flickr

13870623932.jpg

bf2af2f8dbccfb92335decf82fb145e9-jpg.142137

Madain Saleh Archaeologic Site, Saudi Arabia by Eric Lafforgue, on Flickr

faifa 2011
by al_gasemy, on Flickr

I would love to know how they flew 300 drones and wrote Ramadan Mubarak in the sky with them without crashing any of them together! I have a tough time flying one without crashing it! :D That's incredible.

Rainy day in my city by ابراهيم حماطي, on Flickr

ليلة شتوية مقمرة by عادل بن عبدالرحمن الشقص الغامدي, on Flickr

للجمال بقية by ابراهيم حماطي, on Flickr

18580853_622220854634513_3086012028846866432_n.jpg

Untitled by عادل بن عبدالرحمن الشقص الغامدي, on Flickr

ربيع ناوان مع الشروق by عادل بن عبدالرحمن الشقص الغامدي, on Flickr

صباح الجبال حين تحيطها الغيوم by عادل بن عبدالرحمن الشقص الغامدي, on Flickr

صحراء ناوان في الربيع by عادل بن عبدالرحمن الشقص الغامدي, on Flickr

33536098634_9d8ea8011a_b.jpg

29 by عادل بن عبدالرحمن الشقص الغامدي, on Flickr

ليالي السروات by عادل بن عبدالرحمن الشقص الغامدي, on Flickr

I spent 9 months in KSA and it was worth living.I was living the dream everyday.Saudi arabia and Saudi people are loving and very supportive in professional environments.:smitten:

:tup:

May Allah (swt) bless the holy land and the land of Prophets.
AAMEEN!

Rainy day in my city by ابراهيم حماطي, on Flickr

ليلة شتوية مقمرة by عادل بن عبدالرحمن الشقص الغامدي, on Flickr

للجمال بقية by ابراهيم حماطي, on Flickr

18580853_622220854634513_3086012028846866432_n.jpg

ربيع ناوان مع الشروق by عادل بن عبدالرحمن الشقص الغامدي, on Flickr

صباح الجبال حين تحيطها الغيوم by عادل بن عبدالرحمن الشقص الغامدي, on Flickr

صحراء ناوان في الربيع by عادل بن عبدالرحمن الشقص الغامدي, on Flickr

33536098634_9d8ea8011a_b.jpg

29 by عادل بن عبدالرحمن الشقص الغامدي, on Flickr

ليالي السروات by عادل بن عبدالرحمن الشقص الغامدي, on Flickr

This Post deserves a billion thumbs up :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup: A very hard working and pro Photographer.Did hell of a job!

Fenak ya Sharif? Hope you come back soon, brother. Really enjoy your contributions. They show how this land is special in many ways, aside from its impeccable beauty.

Can you give a little info on the history of the archaeological sites and rock inscriptions in these photos?

Back
Top Bottom