What's new

Saudi Arabia can save Denel!

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Denel has informed its employees, on the eve of payday, that it can only pay them 85% of their salaries this month. This is the second time the company has had to short pay as a result of its cash crisis & mismanagement over the years. It’s neither fair nor sustainable.

D94rkyFWsAEjiY_.jpg

Hi,

Can Saudia & Emirates or the GCC buy DENEL & become a majority share holder---?

@denel

That will depend on home South Africa to permit. With out South African approval I don't think beyond 18% stake will be allowed. Don't know about their laws in detail but giving a general term of laws. This info might not be accurate.

That will depend on home South Africa to permit. With out South African approval I don't think beyond 18% stake will be allowed. Don't know about their laws in detail but giving a general term of laws. This info might not be accurate.

Hi,

18% stake is good---but for the survival of this company maybe a higher number could be negotiated---like 40% or 49% and the GCC would buy all weapons from Denel---.

Hi,

18% stake is good---but for the survival of this company maybe a higher number could be negotiated---like 40% or 49% and the GCC would buy all weapons from Denel---.
That will not be allowed by South Africa. 40 or 49% stake is too high and that being said. GCC paying so much money without shifting production to GCC will not be favorable for GCC. If production shifted to GCC then South African jobs will still face job cuts.

I think they will give some 12 to 16 percent stake of GCC is interested. To be a major stake holder GCC only needs 19% to be at decision making seat.

UK France Germany Canada all are sanctioning weapons sales to Saudis they need alternate source for weapons denel is a good option company makes a lot of stuff.

In my opinion GCC should focus on China those weapons have more chances of expansion and newer tech.

A good and valuable organisation, which should not go waste. SA government to intervene and should save it timely either it is mismanagement or corruption.
Denel's Rooivalk attack helicopter seems a promising one. Pakistan should forget the ordered one and now in storage by USA. if SA Rooivalk is not equipped with American engine PA should test it also. @denel

Hi,

@denel
I don't think they can, but big share holders yes.. not majority but close..It is a state company..

Hi,

That is the objective.. the key word is JVs..

when will A-Darter and Marlin will be bought by PAF?

South African government needs to either support Denel or stop creating hurdles so that someone else can take full or majority control of the company. There is probably a lot of IP that will be lost if Denel goes under. I am not sure if anyone in the Pakistan military is taking note of the situation but now is a chance to buy a quality asset for cheap. The can form a JV with Saudis, and SA government and take over the company.

A good and valuable organisation, which should not go waste. SA government to intervene and should save it timely either it is mismanagement or corruption.
Denel's Rooivalk attack helicopter seems a promising one. Pakistan should forget the ordered one and now in storage by USA. if SA Rooivalk is not equipped with American engine PA should test it also. @denel
Correct, Rooivalk was designed to be sanction proof in layman's world.

South African government needs to either support Denel or stop creating hurdles so that someone else can take full or majority control of the company. There is probably a lot of IP that will be lost if Denel goes under. I am not sure if anyone in the Pakistan military is taking note of the situation but now is a chance to buy a quality asset for cheap. The can form a JV with Saudis, and SA government and take over the company.
SA govt had its head in the sand for 2 decades; yet most qualified employees left and formed Paramount which continues to take progress further; unless there is a JV there si a danger of a lot of IP going to waste.

Hi,

@denel
They can but there is a law which prevents them from being a majority stake holder in SOE.

Great idea hope someone noticing it trying to find its financial statement only able to find old data of 2013 @denel can u help providing it what its current revenue ?also find February 2019 article where they mention they also looking for long term investors

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom