What's new

Saudi Arabia buys the full Grom-2 missile project

KSA invested in the project and got the CD as a bonus..
I have a few questions. I have watched the above video and was wondering firstly are both Saudi Arabia and Ukraine going to produce them? Secondly, could a nuclear warhead be placed in the missiles instead of the relatively small bomb in side of there? Thirdly do you think Saudi Arabia should develop their own nukes or get the knowledge from Pakistan? I have heard Saudi Arabia has a lot of Uranium in their country and it will be mined pretty soon and if Pakistan helped give Saudi Arabia the plans for a MT nuke it would help a lot.

Th latest pic of the system with desert cammo
DSd2TYhVAAA_hCe-750x530.jpg

The mil.in.ua a Ukrainian military website released photographs of a new Grom-2 (Thunder-2) tactical missile system developed by Yuzhnoye Design Office and A.M. Makarov Southern Machine-Building Plant.
Recently released imagery and reports in the Ukrainian media suggest that the new Grom-2 (Thunder-2) tactical missile system was close to the finish line.
As is known, the new operational-tactical missile system developed for Saudi Arabia.

http://defence-blog.com/news/ukraine-unveils-new-tactical-missile-system.html

Last year test
I think Saudi Arabia will need to protect those missiles with SHORAD to make sure nothing can attack them cause they are very vulnerable to a lot of weapons.

I have a few questions. I have watched the above video and was wondering firstly are both Saudi Arabia and Ukraine going to produce them? Secondly, could a nuclear warhead be placed in the missiles instead of the relatively small bomb in side of there? Thirdly do you think Saudi Arabia should develop their own nukes or get the knowledge from Pakistan? I have heard Saudi Arabia has a lot of Uranium in their country and it will be mined pretty soon and if Pakistan helped give Saudi Arabia the plans for a MT nuke it would help a lot.

I think Saudi Arabia will need to protect those missiles with SHORAD to make sure nothing can attack them cause they are very vulnerable to a lot of weapons.
I found Russian propaganda online or at least I think it is Russian propaganda. https://www.google.com/amp/s/sputni...01211049857809-saudis-stop-funding-grom-srbm/ take a look at it.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/ukraine/grom.htm

1658719903919.png

1658719808642.png

1658719838615.png

Saudi Arabia to begin receiving Thunder-2 ballistic missile system in 2022​

Saudi Arabia is in the middle of receiving first components of the Thunder-2 ballistic missile, which has been jointly developed by King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) and Ukrainian Yuzhnoye Design Office, to conduct first firing test in September or October 2019, a Saudi military source told Defence Blog on 3 January.

“The first batch of engines, spare parts and different conventional warheads were delivered to Saudi Arabia for the first phase of the test program, ” said the source, adding that the Saudi Arabian Armed Forces is expected to have the first Thunder-2 ballistic missile system ready for use by 2022.

1658720044562.png

https://defence-blog.com/saudi-arabia-to-begin-receiving-thunder-2-ballistic-missile-system-in-2022/

The partnership and technology transfer project falls under the confidentiality clause. Information is scarce, and you will not find details about it except for some scattered news here and there..

The information is kept in a secret forest. The great secrecy is because the number remains a strategic secret so that the enemy does not know your capabilities and your ability to continue.

And the issue of technology transfer is also not easy, it has certainly started a while ago.. Since technology transfer requires an infrastructure that is not easy; from manufacturing, capabilities and cumulative experiences, training engineers, technicians, experts and feeder industries.. And because Saudi Arabia is a partner.. this topic began with negotiations from a while ago to prepare the Kingdom for such industries..The technology of this project has been completely transferred..

Saudi Arabia acquired the test stand components in addition to the engine to do test fires locally.. this is well known..

KSA cooperation with China is greater than anyone can imagine.. it has reached the construction of manufacturing facilities and missile engine test sites..

1658721073255.png

1658721165917.png

This is very exclusive:

1658721363126.png

1658721284967.png

1658721319903.png

Saudi Arabia will not use the Ukrainian navigation system in Grom-2

1658722958407.png

In May 2019 it was planned to place only two serial models of UNK GNSS on a Grom-2 missile and a Cyclone-4M launcher, while Saudi Arabia promised to test-launch OTRK at the training ground in the fall of 2019.. UNK has provided only two sample systems.

1658723145721.png

These are parts that were imported for Grom-2. They are a gyroscope that was imported from a European country, in addition to a fiber-optic cable.. (high-precision and sensitive parts).

1658723738522.png

The projects between KSA and Ukraine are not limited to the Grom-2 only, but there is a project for a cruise missile with a range of 1500 km, and there is an air defense system.. there is also cooperation in establishing a space missile station between KSA and Ukraine to be on Saudi soil, and there are other projects.. the main objective is to make competitive and technologically advanced products..

Last edited:

Saudi Arabia to invest more than $20 billion in its military industry over next decade​

DUBAI (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia will invest more than $20 billion in its domestic military industry over the next decade as part of aggressive plans to boost local military spending, the head of the kingdom’s military industry regulator said on Saturday.

The Gulf state wants to develop and manufacture more weapons and military systems domestically, aiming to spend 50% of the military budget locally by 2030.

“The government has put a plan that we will be investing in excess of $10 billion in the military industry in Saudi Arabia over the next decade and equal amounts on research and development,” Governor of the General Authority for Military Industries (GAMI) Ahmed bin Abdulaziz Al-Ohali told a defence conference in Abu Dhabi.

He also said the kingdom plans to increase military research and development (R&D) spending from 0.2% to around 4% of armaments expenditure by 2030.

https://www.reuters.com/article/emirates-defense-saudi-int-idUSKBN2AK098

That is:

10 billion dollar for military industry
And
10 billion dollars for military research and development

The important thing in this is that $20 billion will be pumped into the private military sector inside the Kingdom for Saudi companies.. and Research and Development of new weapons and systems for the local military industry..It results in creating many jobs and local industry..
A very important step.. by all means..

Back
Top Bottom