What's new

Sania Mirza Writes Another Page In Indian Tennis History

well see, therein lies the real irony

this ''banned'' cricketer still managed to win her heart over five to six hundred million bharti men :lol:

You must be heavily influenced by lolly movies to throw line like that :lol:
but the reality is she had her fair share of relationships with Indian men.

i think the amount of vitriol and venom spat towards her from her own ''countrymen'' showed where the intolerance was as far as she's concerned!
She is a star and has huge following in India. In my country people do follow their stars like crazy be it cricket or tennis. It hurt sentiments because she married a guy from a country that is well known across the world to carry out terrorist activities and has killed 100s in India. Its not him its his nationality simple!

It's amusing to see how upset, however, SOME people were over the knot being tied between the two :)
Upsetting because of his nationality not him or her.

Its funny seeing the identity crisis of these converts and how they need to justify their existence every day. ;)

Anyway, it was only a poor decision on her part. I am sure she will reverse it soon.

As of now, he is most likely a house boy, running errands and picking tennis balls on the court when she practices.

sania should be deported to pakistan, she couldn't find 1 person out of the half a billion men in india

I see it differently. Why he keeps falling for Indian girls? Was she the who chose him or the other way around? The third possibility exists. Was the pressure applied by unknown third party behind the scene?

It is also in the news that Sohaib has applied for the Indian citizenship. He wont be the first high profile person to do so. In the past there was one more cricketer who has settled in Lucknow. They have selected Inidia for its peaceful coexistence among various religioous communities.
That is credit to the Indian democracy. Three cheers. Dont look at the negative side of the reality.
I can see a day when if not the world but countries being torn apart due to the violence in their countries will come knocking on the Indian doors to learn the true meaning of peaceful living.
Please give me your feedback to my reply. Thankyou

Well her decision to chose Sohaib but opt not to live in Pakistan speaks a lot. It could very well be possible that Sohaib will try for Indian citizenship but did not want to disclose it till he has a chance for playing in Pakistan's team. If this happens it will happen after his retirement.

It is Na Li or Li Na who has made history by becoming the first ever Chinese and Asian to win a major Tennis Tournament that is the French Open. She had also reached the final of the Australian Open, again the first ever Chinese and Asian to reach this final. There are 4 majors-Australian, French Roland Garros, Wimbledon and US Open. Before winning the French Open, Na Li was ranked as No 7 again the best actual ranking for a Chinese and Asian tennis player. Now Na Li is ranked forth after her victory in the French Open. The men and women singles are considered as the top cream competition just like the 100 metres competition in Athletics and the double or mixed competition are just second handed competition for unseated or nearly retired tennis players. The exception was for the Serena sisters who had won both single and double in the tennis major tournament.:china::pakistan::victory::victory::victory:

True , China is about to master almost all the games. Their dedication for sports is remarkable. But, Chinese girls are leaving their male counterparts behind. Like tennis where atleast two Chinese girls are their in top 20, Chinese women hockey team too is very strong unlike men's hockey team.

my (late) grandfather was a former Sec. General of the Asian Handball Association -when handball was officially being recognized as a sport .

he told me a lot of great stories about how active the Chinese are in sports ---he often travelled to China to witness some of the professional tournaments. He used to recall a lot of fond memories there.

Back
Top Bottom