Sanctions? Russian economy to overtake Germany’s by 2020 – report

Piotr

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Sanctions? Russian economy to overtake Germany’s by 2020 – report
Published time: 16 Jan, 2019 10:12 Edited time: 16 Jan, 2019 10:16
3.JPG

Despite years of Western sanctions, Russia will become the world’s fifth-largest economy as early as next year, surpassing Germany and the UK, multinational bank Standard Chartered said in its long-term growth forecasts.
In a report outlining projections about the world economy up until 2030, the bank said that China is likely to unseat the US to become the world’s biggest economy at some point in the next year, when measured by a combination of purchasing-power-parity (PPP) exchange rates and nominal gross domestic product. It will be joined by the US, India, Japan, and Russia in the top five.

The top 10 countries will also include Germany, Indonesia, Brazil, Turkey, and the UK.

“By 2020, a majority of the world population will be classified as middle class. Asia will lead the increase in middle-class populations even as middle classes stagnate in the West,” said Standard Chartered researcher Madhur Jha.

The report predicted that Asian economies will grow significantly in the next decade, taking seven of the top 10 spots on the list of the world’s biggest economies by 2030.

Last week, the World Bank said in its economic outlook that it expects an increase in the growth rate of Russia’s GDP to 1.8 percent in 2020 and 2021. The bank reported that the Russian economy expanded at a 1.6-percent pace last year, experiencing “relatively low and stable inflation and increased oil production” despite the tightened economic sanctions.

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has raised its forecast for Russia’s GDP growth in 2019 to 1.8 percent. The positive impact of rising world oil prices on the Russian economy would outweigh the negative effect of Washington’s sanctions, it said.

Meanwhile, the official figures from the Federal Statistics Office showed that Europe’s largest economy, Germany, slowed sharply in 2018. It grew by 1.5 percent last year, its slowest rate since 2013. A weaker global economy and problems in the car industry have been cited as contributing to the slowdown.

Source: https://www.rt.com/business/448925-russia-overtake-germany-2020/

Hello @Piotr, why is Poland hosting US anti-Iran war conference?

Iran accepted Polish refugees hundreds of years ago when Poland was being partitioned, and also in WW2 accepted thousands of Poles. Even to this day there is a Polish cemetery in Iran which is kept in good condition.

Iran accepted Polish refugees hundreds of years ago when Poland was being partitioned, and also in WW2 accepted thousands of Poles. Even to this day there is a Polish cemetery in Iran which is kept in good condition.
that was Iran under Western puppet Shah

Wow thank you, I didn't know this. :o::o::o::o::o::o: Reza Shah was in power during 1795 as well (when Iran also accepted Polish refugees)?

And at the time Poland had the same President and Prime Minister as now, or they had different government as well?

I never knew about 1795. I know in WW 2 that tens of thousands of Poles left USSR via Iran to the Western Front

https://tehran.mfa.gov.pl/en/c/MOBILE/bilateral_cooperation/history/

History of Polish-Iranian relations

Political and cultural relations between Poland and Persia begun centuries ago. In 1474 Amborgio Contarini, the envoy of Venetia, delivered to the Polish king Casimir Jagiellonian a letter Shah Uzun Hassan. The first documented visit of a Polish envoy, namely Sefer Muratowicz, took place in 1602. Among other duties he was tasked to buy carpet for the Polish court.

The diplomatic political agenda included coordination of actions in opposition to the Ottoman Empire as well as the protection of Christians in Persia by Persian shahs and Polish kings. A Polish priest Tadeusz J. Krusiński, was requested by Persian authorities to assist in the creation of the first Iranian diplomatic archives.

In our joint history we can find several unique moments that show our mutual respect and friendship. Persia and Turkey were the only two countries that never recognized the partition of Poland in 1795. There were couples of individuals that after the accomplishment of their duties for the Foreign Service stayed on to live and work in Persia. To mention but a few, there was Aleksander Chodźko, romantic poet and Russian consul to Rasht; Ignacy Pietraszewski – the renowned interpreter of Avesta and Karol Bohdanowicz, who pioneered the geological survey of the Khorasan Mountains.

A Poland reborn, having its independence restored, was determined to renew its contacts with Iran. In 1927 a Treaty of Friendship was concluded and the legations of Persia in Warsaw and Poland in tehran were established. The period between the First World War and the Second World War was a time of revival of bilateral relations. Polish businessman and companies showed a deep interest in cooperating with their Iranian counterparts, especially in the oil, glassware, leather, food processing and furniture industries.

This natural process of mutual interaction was dramatically enhanced with the appearance of some 116,000 refugees from the Soviet Union in 1942, who found safe-haven on Iranian soil during the Second World War. Without the exaggeration this was the largest European migration trough Iran. Eighty-five thousand Polish soldiers quickly left Iran for Iraq and Palestine, eventually going on to Italy. But Polish civilians stayed longer in Iran, some for a whole lifetime. Polish people were welcomed and treated with friendliness by Iranians. We are grateful for this assistance, extended by Iranians and we remain mindful of this moment in our memory.

Based on: Witold Śmidowski, foreword to a publication “Poland Persia”

@Persian Gulf 1906

Russia china and India will be the biggest GDP zone combined in mesr future.

Russia china and India will be the biggest GDP zone combined in mesr future.

You can still combine China with, say, Kyrgystan and Laos, and conclude that this group of 03 neighbouring countries will be world largest GDP zone in very near future.

Because of US regime and PiS party and government. Many in PiS government care more about US interest than interest of Poland. Hopefully PiS party will soon be gone.

I know about than and I'm grateful for Iran for the help.

Because of US regime and PiS party and government. Many in PiS government care more about US interest than interest of Poland. Hopefully PiS party will soon be gone.

I know about than and I'm grateful for Iran for the help.
Thanks for your words. I'm sorry to hear about your Mayor in Gdansk. In the UK there was a similar far-right political murder of a Member of Parliament not long ago (Jo Cox).

I have visited Poland many times (Warsaw 3 times and Krakow once), a truly beautiful and modern country! Poland has a lot of potential for the next 50 years in Europe for sure.

Best :-)

that was Iran under Western puppet Shah

What? There was no Shah back then.

Thanks for your words. I'm sorry to hear about your Mayor in Gdansk. In the UK there was a similar far-right political murder of a Member of Parliament not long ago (Jo Cox).

I have visited Poland many times (Warsaw 3 times and Krakow once), a truly beautiful and modern country! Poland has a lot of potential for the next 50 years in Europe for sure.

Best :-)

Because Poland is an American lackey? They need to grow some balls and have their own foreign policy.

Back
Top Bottom