Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Saffron terror involved in many blasts: Chidambaram

New phenomenon of 'saffron terrorism' in India: Chidambaram
PTI, Aug 25, 2010, 10.39am IST

NEW DELHI: Warning that there has been no let up in attempts to radicalise the youth, home minister P Chidambaram on Wednesday said a new phenomenon of "saffron terrorism" involved in many bomb blasts has been uncovered.

Inaugurating a conference of chiefs of police forces of the country, Chidambaram also expressed concern over the situation in Kashmir Valley and hoped that in the next few days, a "starting point" would be found to reach out to the protestors and restart the process of a dialogue.

"There is no let up in the attempts to radicalise young men and women in India. Besides, there is recently uncovered phenomenon of saffron terrorism that has been implicated in many bomb blasts of the past," he said.

Read more: New phenomenon of 'saffron terrorism' in India: Chidambaram - India - The Times of India New phenomenon of 'saffron terrorism' in India: Chidambaram - India - The Times of India

thats truth.but after few days of drama,there will be huge silence

Oooo after ur world exclusive thread on vhp and babri mosque u found something on the bharti Orange media!!!!
Mr chidambaram won't say a word on Islamic terrorism but don't mind saying saffron!!!!! Not surprising from a congress politician. And just to let u know he has also said that in the past few things abt Pakistan which won't please u much

Noooo...! How can the saffron Hindutva press report this? This is a despicable act by India's minority bashing, Trident carrying, Hindutva smoking, rightwing press..!

Chidambaram rightly knows that the hindus are cowards who dont lift a finger even when they are abused .

So he takes the liberty to abuse and accuse them of anything.

On the other hand ,if he says anything that is perceived to be even remotely anti-islamic , the whole muslim community will be up in arms to take their all-to-precious votes elsewhere.

Appeasement of a ferocious minority - nothing else :rolleyes:

Mr chidambaram won't say a word on Islamic terrorism but don't mind saying saffron!!!!! Not surprising from a congress politician.

Actually, I think you are being a little harsh on him. You need to read the following lines carefully. He first seems to refer to attempted radicalisation, presumably Islamic before going on to add the word besides and then referring to saffron terrorism.

"There is no let up in the attempts to radicalise young men and women in India. Besides, there is recently uncovered phenomenon of saffron terrorism that has been implicated in many bomb blasts of the past," he said.

Last edited:
Coming from a Pakistani, I am sure you've experienced more than your share.

smqureshi-pakistan-630.jpg

Yeah, Yeah. I guess this is also ISI working to harm India right?

Actually, I think you are being a little harsh on him. You need to read the above lines carefully. He first seems to refer to attempted radicalisation, presumably Islamic before going on to add the word besides and then referring to saffron terrorism.

Not me. I posted the news as it is with both headlines as reported by your paper.

BTW do you deny saffron terrorism ??????

Yeah we have learned, but you guys haven't.

So that is why shared our experience, so that may be you guys are spared the experience through which we learned it.

Sometimes i feel that we hate each other so much that we dont even take learnings from each other's mistakes. Pretty Lame, I would say and agree with TK on this.

But really what gets my goat is when Indo-Pak animosity gets potrayed as Hindu-Muslim animosity (happens from both sides).

A terrorist is a terrorist, Hindu or Muslim, doesnt really matter. Both should be treated as such and niether should be a reason to brand the religion as a terrorist religion. In my view, because of corelating Islam with terrorism (explicitly or implicitly) is why the world has still not won this battle with Terrorism

Not me. I posted the news as it is with both headlines as reported by your paper.

BTW do you deny saffron terrorism ??????

I neither subscribe to the concept of Islamic terrorism nor Saffron or Christian terrorism. Terrorism has nothing to do with religion.

India Points To Rise Of Hindu ‘Saffron Terror’ Risk

NEW DELHI, Aug 25, 2010 - India's home minister warned on Wednesday that Hindu extremists posed an increasing risk to national security, dubbing the threat as "saffron terror".

The colour saffron is associated with Hindu nationalism in India, and some right-wing groups have been linked to militant attacks in the west of the country.

"We have recently uncovered a new phenomenon of 'saffron terror' and I ask you to be vigilant," P. Chidambaram told an annual meeting of police chiefs in New Delhi.

Hardline regional parties like the Shiv Sena, which is based in Mumbai, vow to defend Hindu rights in India, but deny they are behind any violent militant activity.

Back
Top Bottom