What's new

Sachin Tendulkar to get Bharat Ratna; first sportsperson to bag it

Parul

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
NEW DELHI: Sachin Tendulkar, the master blaster cricketer who retired on Saturday after playing his 200th Test Match will get the Bharat Ratna. The Prime Minister's Office made the announcement soon after Tendulkar's farewell from the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai.

Bharat Ratna is the highest civilian award in the country and Tendulkar is the first sportsperson to get it. Professor CNR Rao will also get the Bharat Ratna, said the PMO.

Earlier in the day, Tendulkar, in an emotional speech had sai ..

Read more at:
Sachin Tendulkar to get Bharat Ratna; first sportsperson to bag it - The Economic Times

NEW DELHI: Sachin Tendulkar, the master blaster cricketer who retired on Saturday after playing his 200th Test Match will get the Bharat Ratna. The Prime Minister's Office made the announcement soon after Tendulkar's farewell from the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai.

Bharat Ratna is the highest civilian award in the country and Tendulkar is the first sportsperson to get it. Professor CNR Rao will also get the Bharat Ratna, said the PMO.

Earlier in the day, Tendulkar, in an emotional speech had sai ..

Read more at:
Sachin Tendulkar to get Bharat Ratna; first sportsperson to bag it - The Economic Times

I am about to post it :D

Here is the link from Indian Prime Ministers website

Bharat Ratna for Prof CNR Rao and Sachin Tendulkar :
Press Releases :
Prime Minister of India - Dr. Manmohan Singh

congratulations to sachin!

but i feel someone like dhyanchand deserves it more.

Please no Bharat Ratna for sporstmen and artistes,it is a very serious thing.

not for entertainment folks.

Now you don't need to. :D

On Topic: Though I'm all for Bharat Ratna for Sachin but Dhyanchand should get that ahead of him the great man has not got his due. :pop:

yes! he was ignored during his last days , its a well known fact india treats its non-cricketing sporting icons like beggars.
giving him a bharat ratna would make the young generation know who this great legend was.

Yes Dhyan chand should also get Bharat Ratna :cheers:

I'm a die hard Sachin Fan and infact he is the only reason I watch cricket.

I'm happy that he's getting Bharat Ratan. However, bit worried to as people/media will question why not Dhyan Chand. RANG MAY BHANG pad jayega. :what: 
He deserved this, but I feel sad... the ceremony was deserved by Dravid too.

Dravid deserved all this fame too. :(

Even I think so, Dravid should have had announced his retirement like Sachin. He too deserves all the accolades.

This is actually an effort to divert public attention from corruption and other Issues faced by country. Let Sachin Tendulkar praise Modi and than see whether he gets Bharat Ratna?

Why not Vishwanathan Anand?

dhyanchand came from a very poor background , and during his times they used not even get good nutritious food which is a basic for any sportsman , no great training facilities either , not just that he even died in poverty.

despite of all these problems he choose to represent india and won medals and honour for the country , if there is anyone out there who deserves the bharat ratna more than sachin then i think its got to be dhyanchand or even mikha singh.

Yes Indeed Major Dhyan Chand deserved it too before Sachin....BTW as far as Indian Ambassador to the world is concerned then Ratan Tata surely tops the list - The Tendulkar of India Inc.- Anyways its the time we honour CNR Rao and Sachin!!! Cheers!!! :yahoo: but still if Rajiv Gandhi and Moraji Desai can get it why not AB Vajpayee???:)

Back
Top Bottom