What's new

Sachin, Dravid were not match winners: Shoaib

New Delhi: Former Pakistani pacer Shoaib Akhtar made some some startling revelations about his autobiography 'Controversially Yours', the most shocking of which was that he tampered with the ball on many occasions during his playing days.

Known as the Rawalpindi Express, Akhtar went on to say that Lalit Modi and Shahrukh Khan prevented him from joining the now defunct Indian Cricket League (ICL).

He claimed that Wasim Akram did not encourage new fast bowlers and went on to add that Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid were not match winners to begin with.

Often in the news for the wrong reasons, Akhtar said that the Pakistan team was often approached by match-fixers when they were in India.

The problem child of Pakistan cricket for so many years, Shoaib Akhtar seems to have done no harm to his reputation of creating controversies by making these statements.

He has not spared former or current cricketers who are legends in their own right and by having a go at them after he himself has quit the game, Akhtar has succeeded in achieving his objective of hogging the limelight.

Sachin, Dravid were not match winners: Shoaib - Books - Books News - ibnlive

Aree Bhai Shoaib, please go back to Pakistan. We do not want to buy the book. Kahin aur dekhiye boss. Aap taheliye yahaan se. Chalo ab. But since that you need the money so badly, I can give you an idea, please write something about Bob Woolmer and go and try and publish it in South Africa. Take Inzy too. That will be sure shot best seller then.

Paisa bhi kya kya karwata hai Insaan (sorry Superman) se.

Flat wickets in SA......Sachin cant play him.....record proved.
Saeed scored more centuries against India, where we hardly see any high score game of Sachin against PAK.
you are actually have very little knowledge about sachin tendulkar & saeed anwar's cricket career .go wikipedia,espn cricinfo.get some knowledge.your saeed anwar is no where near our sachin tendulkar.sachin tendulkar scores 18111 runs in odi in avrage of 45.16 with 48 hundred,95 fifty.highest scores 200.our sachin scored 5 hundred against pakistan.
your saeed anwar score 8824 runs with the avrage of 39.21.he scores 20hundred & 43 fifty.and for your kind information your saeed anwar scored only 4 hundred against us in odi.our sachin scored 5 hundred against you.our sachin avrage is 45.16.your saeed anwar avrage is 39.21.you can surely see who is the best.i told you any pakistani batsman isn't worthy enough to compare with our sachin.current pakistani batsmen avrage is 25 to 34 in odi.so saeed anwar can seems good to you in compare with your current pakistani batsman.but he is not worthy enough to compare with our sachin.i ask you don't talk without proff.like me prsent your staistics to prove your claim.

Come on man, I don't think Sachin scored more than 20 runs off of Shoaib's bowling in that match. This is probably the only match where Sachin outperformed Shoaib, but don't forget it was Shoaib who got his wicket in the end. Shoaib has had the better of Sachin many times in Indo-Pak encounters. Shoaib is the clear winner and has owned Sachin in overall context. :agree:

Are u blind?Shaoib was taken off after his first over and the 4th over onwards Waqar was bowling.Shoaib came much later and when he got sachin's wicket,sachin was having heavy cramps and he holed out to a bouncer.Had Shoaib staye don his spell,he would have been belted more.

Anyway,Shoaib is a great bowler but he ll never be Wasim/Waqar.They ll always be the benchmark for speed and control.

Shahid Afriddi:- "I saw Tendulkar's legs shaking facing Shoaib Akhtar"

1101343231-1.gif

Why Sachin scare to accept it !!!!!!

KARACHI:

Despite being attacked by Shoaib Akhtar in his book and interviews, former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi has supported the fast-bowler’s claims that Sachin Tendulkar was scared of his pace, saying he was a witness of the shivering in front of the maverick pacer.

In his book, ‘Controversially Yours’, Akhtar wrote that the batsman was scared of his bowling, a comment that has caused furore across the border, forcing publishers to cancel all launch-related and publicity events.

However, when asked about Akhtar’s claims, Afridi showed no hesitation in backing the bowler.

“Shoaib is telling the truth,” said Afridi. “Tendulkar was afraid of him and while fielding, I saw Tendulkar’s legs shivering while facing his bowling.”

However, the all-rounder added that it was not an unusual feature of a batsman.

“There are times when every batsman feels the pressure, it happens against Saeed Ajmal even.”

The former captain, however, was critical of Akhtar’s comments against him, blaming Afridi for his omission from the World Cup semi-final line-up against India.

“Shoaib should remember that I apologised to the chairman and manager on his behalf and got him back into the national squad. While he hasn’t lied about other things, he won’t be able to look at me in the eyes after he’s said all that.”

Return unlikely before Sri Lanka series

Meanwhile, Afridi, who retired from international cricket in a protest against the Pakistan Cricket Board’s set-up, showed reluctance to make a quick return.

“There is a lot of pressure on me from fans and friend to make a comeback but I will wait for things to improve further. I will take at least a month to reconsider my decision.” Pakistan will take on Sri Lanka in a full series in the UAE that starts from October 18. However, the experienced cricketer, leading Karachi Dolphins in the ongoing National Twenty20 Cup, said he was not compromising on his form and fitness.

“I am training hard and focusing on improvement with both with the bat and ball.”

Back
Top Bottom