What's new

S. Korea’s New Stealth Fighter Design

ok its just a trainer design which is largely derived from the Lockheed Martin F-16 and powered by General Electric F404 afterburning turbofan but still as we all know they have some sort of background in this business! wishing all the very best for our Korean friends!

T-50+Golden+Eagle+%25283%2529.jpg

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewline/2011/10/eurofighter-forecasts-new-braz.html

ok its just a trainer design which is largely derived from the Lockheed Martin F-16 and powered by General Electric F404 afterburning turbofan but still as we all know they have some sort of background in this business.

Going indigenous way, S. Koreans should have started with a complete new design for the Trainer Series rather than ripping off American design but largely we know US has influenced their industry and help is at large provided. That is why be sure the 5th Gen is going to be F-35.

This decade is going to be very Interesting.. Several countries with no or, very less prior experience of manufacturing airccrafts will try their hands on very ambitious programs..

It does not need to be independently developed South Korea has worked with Lockheed before. Engines can be purchased from abroad and foreign input can always be utilized if the South Koreans wish. The South Koreans have a very good semiconductor industry as well a strong industrial industry both are considered to be very good (Samsung, Hyundai, ect) , this means the South Koreans have the companies to do subcontracting work both in avionics as well as in general structural components.

you just proved my point that S.korea cannot produce a fighter 'independently'``even their trainer is kind of shrinked version of F-16, and they have to use emerican engines.

and the reason that the project is not feasible as your suggestion of cooperation with Lockheed is because america simply dont want to lose the future customer to be`

and also on pure tech side, 5th gen is by no mean a easy job, there are too many sensitive areas involved, look at the joint fighter F-35, the project having so many problems technologically, financially and politically... there are a lot of fusses around the issue that to what extend that the U.S is willing to share the technologies applied on F-35 to those involved nations

sure most probably they will go for f-35 however designated role for KF-X is air superiority

and I dont think that it is a shame for Koreans to get some help in this project!

in brief, it's not matter of choice! they want both! at least they "want" to consider this idea :tup::lol:

ambitious - expensive? yes

feasible? Koreans think so

i hear this project is just a bargaining chip so they can get the upper hand in negotiating for the F-35(like the japanese stealth project)

who knows may be! but then what are they bargaining for?

or may be just vice versa

It just reminds me another Shinshin, it can use to display, but it can never use to fly.

^^^^^^^ yes bro i read it with my open eyes

thats why i ak you about link because i am interested to read it WHEN?? WHERE??? TIME PERIOD etc :)

you are very intelligent -_-

Blesssss

YES brother I m a MORON because i replied to the MOST INTELLIGENT GUY IN THE WORLD

i hear this project is just a bargaining chip so they can get the upper hand in negotiating for the F-35(like the japanese stealth project)
ATD-X Shinshin will be flying in 2014. Beside, ShinShin was the bargaining chip for F-22, not F-35.

First flight of Japanese ATD-X likely in 2014

price, production rights, avionics etc etc
KFX will feature local avionics and AESA radar. It has nothing to do with F-35.

It just reminds me another Shinshin, it can use to display, but it can never use to fly.

BY: GREG WALDRON SINGAPORE 01:22 30 Jun 2011

Tokyo has reaffirmed its plan for a 2014 first flight of its experimental Mitsubishi ATD-X Shinshin stealth demonstrator, while it also considers three fighters for its F-X requirement.

"The first flight of the ATD-X is scheduled in Japan fiscal year 2014," said Japan's defence ministry.

Some update on KFX while I was away.

mk ´º½º - KF-X»ç¾÷ ÅÍÅ°Âü¿© È®Á¤¡¦ÁöºÐ 30% ¿¹»ó

Turkey agreed to 30% stake in the KFX project and are now negociating on fine details of MOU, which will be signed within two months.

Now the agreed share is 50(Korea):30(Turkey):20(Indonesia).

Back
Top Bottom