What's new

S-400 deliveries to India from 2020

India should have gave this contract to TATA instead of billions to Russian. No war is coming any sooner. Plus, S400 has no role in any Pak-India standoff. Because Pakistan already did live testing in China against S400.
When you consider the context- millions of lives to be protected by the Indian govt, how do you know TATA can make a system as effective and reliable as the S400? You shouldnt think of it simply in local vs foreign or expensive vs cheap. I believe INdian govt bought S400s because despite being expensive, they come with alot more of operational guarantee than Indian systems to-be-made will provide.

its been 10 years just for HQ_9 its getting too late. every time that i think what India tried to do my heart would stop i hate seeing my brothers killed.

Pakistan is not rich , so our major Purchases depends on what our neighbors are buying .. so far we are doing Okish in terms of SAM's ,as for HQ-9 we first need fill our Medium range SAM gap so we are inducting HQ-16's in numbers . HQ-9 will come in due time, its not that PA or PAF is not taking this seriously , in fact they are taking it very seriously specially after recent Conflict with India .

Pakistan is not rich , so our major Purchases depends on what our neighbors are buying .. so far we are doing Okish in terms of SAM's ,as for HQ-9 we first need fill our Medium range SAM gap so we are inducting HQ-16's in numbers . HQ-9 will come in due time, its not that PA or PAF is not taking this seriously , in fact they are taking it very seriously specially after recent Conflict with India .
well your neighbor just bought S400 and that's big boost, i think PK officials are really counting on your air force for filling the Medium_long range SAM gap it was good when it was just air force against air force but that's not good at all after they get S400.

well your neighbor just bought S400 and that's big boost, i think PK officials are really counting on your air force for filling the Medium_long range SAM gap it was good when it was just air force against air force but that's not good at all after they get S400.

Indians will start receiving them at the end of 2020, our forces must be working on to counter it from years now, I m sure they know what they are doing , and what strategy they need to counter S-400 :)

i dont care what PAF fanboys say this time but S-400 will be a game changer! PAF will have to come up with new tactics and counter measures which will cost billions! Lets hope Putin allows S-400 sale to pakistan as well.

It's not just the S400, but there are more layers, other SAM systems in the pipe line. Nice to know Akash was one of the pioneers systems in the layer.

everything will happen in 2020 for India, seems they are not sure if they will live to see 2021.

after getting s400 india will try to establish no fly zone in our border areas so it is great threat which will definitely affect balance of power in the region.We should develop hyper sonic cruise missiles to counter and destroy such system and need cruise missiles and drones swarm in large numbers to overwhelm this s400

Thank you for the response.

So essentially, five S-400 units....
  • 40 launchers (each regiment/ unit will have two batteries with four launchers each), and about 1,000 missiles.
  • Interestingly, 70% of purchased missiles are of very long range (400 km) and long range (350 km) category and the rest have lower ranges of 300km and 250km.
  • The S-400 surveillance radar with the range of 600 km and 360 degree coverage can track 70 targets.

It's not just the S400, but there are more layers, other SAM systems in the pipe line. Nice to know Akash was one of the pioneers systems in the layer.
yes there is but S400 is long range system that can cover the sky well deep in PK air space and let say there was another Indian fighter in PK air space well this time they are under the protection of the S400 and S400 can shot PK fighters down and its not that hard for India to say well our plans were in our own air space and we saw a enemy fighter in our sky and we took action, like what happened with US drone and Iran air defense unit its been a month now but no one fined out were the drone was, was it in Iran air space or was it in international air space??? 2 different countries showing 2 different GPS locations.

after getting s400 india will try to establish no fly zone in our border areas so it is great threat which will definitely affect balance of power in the region.We should develop hyper sonic cruise missiles to counter and destroy such system and need cruise missiles and drones swarm in large numbers to overwhelm this s400
you are right but no one will start a war by firing cruise missiles for an air defense system, the best action against S400 is another S400 like system to make no fly zone of your own IF, and that's big IF, India established no fly zone in PK air space.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom