What's new

Russias Leading Semiconductors manufacturers Mikron & MCST Elbrus

explain your statement , how a manufacturing process like 28nm or 65nm relates to floating point operations per second , put your Indian brilliance on display

Processing speed .How good for supercomputer operations and server ops .....The speed 65 nm and 90 nm are expected to be lower than a 60 nm or 45 nm . yet by increasing instructions per cycle ,russians brought the speed on par with a I3 and I5 which are 22 nm ,compared to the 65 nm one.

Last edited:
Processing speed .How good for supercomputer operations and server ops .....The speed 65 nm and 90 nm are expected to be lower than a 60 nm or 45 nm . yet by increasing instructions per cycle ,russians brought the speed on par with a I3 and I5 which are 22 nm ,compared to the 65 nm one.

when did 65nm and 90nm become processing speed , this must be the latest indian invention .. lol

90nm,65nm,45 nm define the smallest geometry that lithographic tools can draw on a piece of silicon it has absolutely nothing to with processing speed. You could fabricate an 8-bit microcontroller in 65nm process and it would have less processing capability than a 32-bit MIPS fabricated on 90nm.

Now go on say it isn't so :P

when did 65nm and 90nm become processing speed , this must be the latest indian invention .. lol

90nm,65nm,45 nm define the smallest geometry that lithographic tools can draw on a piece of silicon it has absolutely nothing to with processing speed. You could fabricate an 8-bit microcontroller in 65nm process and it would have less processing capability than a 32-bit MIPS fabricated on 90nm.

Now go on say it isn't so :P

nm means nanometer . Yes,it is lithographic tool . and read my post clearly. the shrinking in size leads to the shrinking of transistors and has implications in speed as more transistors can be accomodated on same chip. Hence the better processing speed.

nm means nanometer . Yes,it is lithographic tool . and read my post clearly. the shrinking in size leads to the shrinking of transistors and has implications in speed as more transistors can be accomodated on same chip. Hence the better processing speed.

nano meter is not a lithographic tool , it is just a unit of measurement

Be assured that the same design done on 65nm ULP process will not achieve the same maximum operating frequency as a design done on 90nm GP.
Even if the later process has the larger geometry

In silicon design there are more factors than just the width of the smallest trace that can be etched on silicon , which is what 65nm,90nm are measure of

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom