What's new

Russian T-50 made its first long flight – Rogozin

No offense taken. :)

PAKFA, though started earlier, but India will pay half for the development cost that will be 12 billion overall. Do you think 12 billion will be for new development needed for FGFA? This cost includes investment Russia already poured in before India joins.

Its like India is buying out the development phase and getting the ownership. If PAKFA and FGFA are 2 separate projects, do you see both locking horns with each other for export orders?

Su 30 is to be honest a foolish example to quote. We didn't give Russia 6 billion(estimated future value) for its development.

I must repeat,mate.Russia decide to make PakFA much earlier then deal with India.And it is much above then 12 bln dollars.and even Wiki says

The Sukhoi PAK FA (Russian: Сухой ПАК ФА, Russian: Перспективный авиационный комплекс фронтовой авиации,Perspektivny Aviatsionny Kompleks Frontovoy Aviatsii, literally "Prospective Airborne Complex of Frontline Aviation") is atwin-enginejetfighter being developed by Sukhoi for the Russian Air Force. The Sukhoi T-50 is the prototype for PAK FA.[10] The PAK FA is one of only a handful of stealth jet programs worldwide.

Then India comes as neareast Russian ally,and then Sukhoi accept new program only for India and new potential buyers called "FGFA".
There is nothing non-Russian in PAK FA program.Dont be naive to think that Russia will cut funding for its top priority in their military.Russia do not complein about military funding when they have money.Belive me.

The fact is Russia couldn't bear the development cost of PAKFA and it ask for Indian money
Just look at military budget of Russia and India.

Last edited:
I must repeat,mate.Russia decide to make PakFA much earlier then deal with India.And it is much above then 12 bln dollars.and even Wiki says

Then India comes as neareast Russian ally,and then Sukhoi accept new program only for India and new potential buyers called "FGFA".
There is nothing non-Russian in PAK FA program.Dont be naive to think that Russia will cut funding for its top priority in their military.Russia do not complein about military funding when they have money.Belive me.

Not sure what are you trying to prove. Let me simplify my stance -

PAKFA is Russian program started much earlier then India get involved. Russia feels lack of fund and find her ally India good enough to make a partner in the program. Both come to fact that overall development cost(mind - from the start) should be shared. I state that its 12 billion and India will pay 6 billion, prove otherwise.

Indian share in R&D will be limited to approx 20% but still we will pay close to 50% of cost just to buy ownership. The FGFA is just another name like MKI which suggest customization for India nothing else.

Yes PAKFA is developed by Russia but she chose to let the ownership being shared because of lack of funds.

FGFA is not export variant, it will be indian variant with many western system. Russia can not sale Indian FGFA with western systems and whenever PAKFA(export variant) will be sold, India will get her share.

We are not merely customer in this program, we own it because we have funded the program.

Please give me some credible proof that development cost of PAKFA is separate to 12 billion and will not be shared by India.

Not sure what are you trying to prove. Let me simplify my stance -

PAKFA is Russian program started much earlier then India get involved. Russia feels lack of fund and find her ally India good enough to make a partner in the program. Both come to fact that overall development cost(mind - from the start) should be shared. I state that its 12 billion and India will pay 6 billion, prove otherwise.

Indian share in R&D will be limited to approx 20% but still we will pay close to 50% of cost just to buy ownership. The FGFA is just another name like MKI which suggest customization for India nothing else.

Yes PAKFA is developed by Russia but she chose to let the ownership being shared because of lack of funds.

FGFA is not export variant, it will be indian variant with many western system. Russia can not sale Indian FGFA with western systems and whenever PAKFA(export variant) will be sold, India will get her share.

We are not merely customer in this program, we own it because we have funded the program.

Please give me some credible proof that development cost of PAKFA is separate to 12 billion and will not be shared by India.
Just want to say that PAK FA is reported as "Russian Fifth generation aircraft" in all world media.And it represents next gen Russian technology!

Just want to say that PAK FA is reported as "Russian Fifth generation aircraft" in all world media.And it represents next gen Russian technology!
I haven't denied that and we acknowledge the fact that its Russian because Russian people have created it but with Indian money. So on paper we do own it as well.

Its just like outsourcing R&D. Needless to say, despite our funding, we are grateful to Russia who trust us to an extent that she is ready to share technology no one would share with anyone in this world.

Back
Top Bottom