What's new

Russian S-400 vs US Patriot:- Which is best multi-role air defence system for india

Sometimes get the impression that no matter how hard USA try to convince India there is no faith or trust by Indian military that USA will support them 100% in any scenario

We do not wish to have a pak situation where your outstanding fighter is sanction prone.

But USA hardware is the ultimate.

I guess S400.and more rafales is the way forward.

Still very good options for India

I think from the TOT India gets through S400, India should work on developing and enhancing AAM capabilities. If India can develop BMD then it wouldn't take India a lot of heckle in enhancing AAM capabilities.

India is running with the hare and hunting with the hounds.

India should drop S-400 in favor of PAC-3.

Isnt it, I mean it's Stunner version of PAC-3 is basically the same as david sling

Can't deploy in 5 min. Can't do exo-atmospheric intercept. Limited CMD.

One will have to combine PAC-3 with THAAD to get a little bit closer to the S-400. And even then, the S-400 comfortably beats the other two in scale, technology and versatility once the 2 new missiles are added to its inventory.

Imagine a Barak-8, David's Sling, Arrow-2 and Arrow 3 combined into one single SAM system, that's the S-400. Plus, the two new missiles that will come in will be superior because they can even stop hypersonic missiles.

And you bring in its ability to deploy in 5 min, there is no Western SAM that even comes close.

Can't deploy in 5 min. Can't do exo-atmospheric intercept. Limited CMD.

One will have to combine PAC-3 with THAAD to get a little bit closer to the S-400. And even then, the S-400 comfortably beats the other two in scale, technology and versatility once the 2 new missiles are added to its inventory.

Imagine a Barak-8, David's Sling, Arrow-2 and Arrow 3 combined into one single SAM system, that's the S-400. Plus, the two new missiles that will come in will be superior because they can even stop hypersonic missiles.

And you bring in its ability to deploy in 5 min, there is no Western SAM that even comes close.
S-400 can't intercept exo atmospheric missiles wtf, nor it can intercept the artillery shells and such which Iron dome can.
Also David Sling is designed to deal with the same targets that Barak 8 does with better efficency and further, just saying

Last edited:
first complete your wrap drive KAVERI indigenously then taunt others @Papa Dragon :enjoy:;)
Lol at your ignorance

This is a simple moped engine
two-stroke-moped-engine-3d-model-obj-fbx-blend.png

While this is Kaveri
2.gif
300px-GTX-35VS_Kaveri.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the deal waz, India said no to US products. Pakistan paid and yet not received any. Who is more fantasizing? The one who know US cann't be trusted or the one who keeps on losing money on trusting the US?

Did you even read his post? No one questioned India's ability to buy weapons, the weapons you have bought are available to most countries if they have the money to buy. I questioned his logic that after buying the S-400, which I have said is a good move for India you'll still get access to advanced US tech, that's not going to happen, case on point Turkey.

S-400 can't intercept exo atmospheric missiles wtf, nor it can intercept the artillery shells and such which Iron dome can.
Also David Sling is designed to deal with the same targets that Barak 8 does with better efficency and further, just saying

Iron Dome has nothing to do with air defence in general. It mainly deals with an Israel-specific problem. The S-400 is not meant to do what Iron Dome does.

S-400 can intercept exo-atmospheric targets. It has 2 missiles, 48N6 and 40N6. The 40N6 is in the process of being deployed. It can reach altitudes of over 150Km, well over the what we call exo-atmosphere, ie, 50Km. 48N6 is equivalent to the Arrow 2.

David's Sling is not in the same class as Barak, it's one tier higher. There is a significant difference between speed and range here. David's Sling has greater focus on BMD while Barak has greater focus on CMD. Both are complementary.

Did you even read his post? No one questioned India's ability to buy weapons, the weapons you have bought are available to most countries if they have the money to buy. I questioned his logic that after buying the S-400, which I have said is a good move for India you'll still get access to advanced US tech, that's not going to happen, case on point Turkey.
Well, there are delays and denials. We have seen how US works. In 80s, US denied India Cray supercomputers for the fear of use in nuclear or missile development program. In early 90s we hosted our own designed parallel processing machine. Afterwards, India has never been denied that technology. Similarly, US has sold F404 and F414 when India made headway into developing their own engine. So, US decision is not just a function of India towing their line but also potential Indian development of a competing solution. The keyword is potential though.

I like the name David's Sling. Fits nicely to purpose of the weapon.

you'll still get access to advanced US tech, that's not going to happen, case on point Turkey.

You can't apply examples of other countries to India.

The US has created the MDP Law specifically to deal with India and no one else. So this law can be modified anytime to even allow export of systems that are not allowed to even their closest partners if necessary. As of today, we are only 1 level lower than their closest partners, the Five Eyes. Which means we are equivalent to a NATO country when it comes to arms transfers.

India's disinterest is not the same as America's reluctance.

You can't apply examples of other countries to India.

The US has created the MDP Law specifically to deal with India and no one else. So this law can be modified anytime to even allow export of systems that are not allowed to even their closest partners if necessary. As of today, we are only 1 level lower than their closest partners, the Five Eyes. Which means we are equivalent to a NATO country when it comes to arms transfers.

India's disinterest is not the same as America's reluctance.

Tell me the day you receive the same level of hardware that close allies of the US do. The MDP law can be changed in a heartbeat. You seem to have missed all the ho ha coming out of the Pentagon regarding the S-400 potential purchase. But anyway, carry on regardless I guess.

Tell me the day you receive the same level of hardware that close allies of the US do.

Boeing P-8?

The MDP law can be changed in a heartbeat.

Of course. It can go either way.

You seem to have missed all the ho ha coming out of the Pentagon regarding the S-400 potential purchase. But anyway, carry on regardless I guess.

It's all noise that will eventually disappear.

The US is desperate for India to rely on American systems. And the window for defence imports is fast closing. For example, when it comes to SAMs, the S-400 could very well be the last foreign SAM India will ever buy.

Once the S-400 deal is signed, the US will simply aim at something else.

Back
Top Bottom