What's new

Russian S-300 PMU-2 vs. Chinese HQ-9 Which one is better ?

Which one is better ?

• China HQ-9

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Russia S-300 PMU-2

Votes: 19 44.2%

• Total voters
If Israel Sold Patriot Secrets . . .
Published: March 20, 1992

The United States rushed Patriot missiles to Israel during the Persian Gulf war to defend
against incoming Iraqi Scuds. Now intelligence reports say Israel sold Patriot technology
to China. If so, that would violate Israel's obligation not to transfer cutting-edge U.S.
technology to others -- a dismaying act by a valued ally. The reports provide ammunition to Israel-bashers. And they disturb experts concerned
with keeping control of advanced military technologies. Washington has long shown
extraordinary tolerance toward Israeli transfers of American technology, raising doubts
about U.S. commitment to stopping the spread of arms. If the latest reports prove true,
Washington needs to impose stern sanctions on Israel and the companies involved. Israel, of course, has the know-how to produce advanced weapons on its own. It sells
many of them to China and other nations to offset the costs of defending itself. But
installing U.S. components in such exports would violate its obligations. So would
reverse engineering -- taking a U.S. weapon apart to discover its design secrets and
then making a copy for sale to others.

^^^^^^ This is the first Article ever claiming that Israel sold Patriot missile secrets to china.
This is from March 1992,and the article is pure speculation based on hear say.
Needless to say that HQ-9 was manufactured long before that in 80s.

I cant imagine USA accepting Patriot batteries with missing parts after deployment in Israel..
So the worst case scenario would be Israel selling diagrams or close up pictures of compoment....

That isnt much of a ToT.

what inputs brother? :what:

The guidance system of HQ-9 is more similar to Patriot rather than S-300 FLAP system. That is why I always have a laugh when ignorant people will claim HQ-9 is just a poor copy of S-300.

But the way, the last SAM system China order from Russia is S-300PMU 2 and China is also the first customer of this missile system. But that was many years ago thing and since China has HQ-9. No more Russia SAM system has ordered.

The guidance system of HQ-9 is more similar to Patriot rather than S-300 FLAP system. That is why I always have a laugh when ignorant people will claim HQ-9 is just a poor copy of S-300.

But the way, the last SAM system China order from Russia is S-300PMU 2 and China is also the first customer of this missile system. But that was many years ago thing and since China has HQ-9. No more Russia SAM system has ordered.

Ok you make it clear now.I really dont want to talk about S300 VS HQ-9.Their abilites are similiar.
But you must realize that S400 is not offered to any country in the world,and probably wont in next 10 years!So China or any country in the worlds altrough if they want S400 they cant get it,even most loyal Russian allies like (Belorusia or Kazakhstan).
Cheers!

Ok you make it clear now.I really dont want to talk about S300 VS HQ-9.Their abilites are similiar.
But you must realize that S400 is not offered to any country in the world,and probably wont in next 10 years!So China or any country in the worlds altrough if they want S400 they cant get it,even most loyal Russian allies like (Belorusia or Kazakhstan).
Cheers!

So much of your Bulls. HQ-9 is more advance than S-300. In trial shoot by Turkish evaluation team, HQ-9 is the only one manage to hit all targets, not even S-300.

China dont even wants S-400. There is just pure speculation and rumour of Russian claiming Chinese is interested in S-400. We are going for our own HQ-26 and HQ-19. At the mean time, HQ-9 will continue be upgraded.

So much of your Bulls. China dont even wants S-400. There is just pure speculation and rumour of Russian claiming Chinese is interested in S-400. We are going for our own HQ-26 and HQ-19. At the mean time, HQ-9 will continue be upgraded.

Wait.I dont say that China wants S400.I just say that nobody can afford S400 becouse Russians dont want to sell that,and be decent!

And Turks buy HQ9 becouse Greeks have S300,if Greeks dont have S300,it will be different story....

Wait.I dont say that China wants S400.I just say that nobody can afford S400 becouse Russians dont want to sell that,and be decent!

Since Russia is not selling S-400 why bother mention it? Try to prove something?

I thought this thread is about S-300 vs HQ-9?

So much of your Bulls. HQ-9 is more advance than S-300. In trial shoot by Turkish evaluation team, HQ-9 is the only one manage to hit all targets, not even S-300.

China dont even wants S-400. There is just pure speculation and rumour of Russian claiming Chinese is interested in S-400. We are going for our own HQ-26 and HQ-19. At the mean time, HQ-9 will continue be upgraded.

Proof for what you've said,a link,a declaration,anything besides your empty ,baseless words ?

All we know for sure is the HQ 9 is the cheapest,and the chinese were the most willing to share technology.What comes out from turkish sources places the HQ 9 under the Aster or others quality wise.You're the only one stating the chinese system to be superior altough the turkish press reports that turkish officers noted the HQ 9 to be inferior to the Aster.

Proof for what you've said,a link,a declaration,anything besides your empty ,baseless words ?

All we know for sure is the HQ 9 is the cheapest,and the chinese were the most willing to share technology.What comes out from turkish sources places the HQ 9 under the Aster or others quality wise.You're the only one stating the chinese system to be superior altough the turkish press reports that turkish officers noted the HQ 9 to be inferior to the Aster.

Looks like you are not following the news closely.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey...system-updates-discussion-20.html#post4819939

The weapon performance is another more important factor. Patriot-3 has a comprehensive capability of air defense and anti-missile; although there is a very high flexibility of Aster 30, but it has no ability to fight against ballistic missiles; S400 specializes in combating aircraft and cruise missiles. However, according to the foreign media reports, in the shooting tests in Turkey, the Red Flag-9 ranked first.

It is naive of you to say I will make baseless claim. Now it breaks your heart, HQ-9 is nice. What are you going to do? Cry? :lol:

Mate dont throw away your energy,this is first time in my life that I hear that HQ-9 is best Defence system in the world.

I just dont want to reply to him,becouse I respect OTHER Chinese people and members here.

And Yes just ignore this http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Se...system-may-be-worlds-best/UPI-36691230740065/

@Beast...that news speaks of S400 in the competition,maybe the ghost of S400,as the actual S400 was never entered into the bid.So much for reliability.....All the information that transpires in the turkish media (and i think that the turkish journalists have their sources) points that the HQ 9 was chosen not because it was the best but because it was by far the cheapest and it transfered mote technology to TYurkey.End of discussion,the rest is trolling by your part,not to be taken seriously.
@DejanSRB -i haven't seen someone throwing so much unsubstantiated crap in a while.It's funny and depressing at the same time.This guy is laughable,to say the least,i won't engage him anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate dont throw away your energy,this is first time in my life that I hear that HQ-9 is best Defence system in the world.

I just dont want to reply to him,becouse I respect OTHER Chinese people and members here.

And Yes just ignore this Russia's S-400 air defense system may be world's best - UPI.com

I didnt say its the best in the world. Stop twisting my words. Rather its you eastern european that cannot accept the advancement of China and always see those things with tainted eyes.

It is fact, China has not purchase any major military from Russia for years and not even future. China military product is getting more competitive and will eat into Russian share. That is a trend and will proves it in future next 10 years.

@Beast...that news speaks of S400 in the competition,maybe the ghost of S400,as the actual S400 was never entered into the bid.So much for reliability.....All the information that transpires in the turkish media (and i think that the turkish journalists have their sources) points that the HQ 9 was chosen not because it was the best but because it was by far the cheapest and it transfered mote technology to TYurkey.End of discussion,the rest is trolling by your part,not to be taken seriously.
@DejanSRB -i haven't seen someone throwing so much unsubstantiated crap in a while.It's funny and depressing at the same time.This guy is laughable,to say the least,i won't engage him anymore.

THat report is indeed questionable but its a fact during trial test HQ-9 manage to hit all target tested by Turkish. I can bet with you on this thing once more report of Turkish trial test is reveal about the selection.

Great Going

Chinese are Starting to Finally give a good challenge to the Russians
I was very Surprised that the Chinese won
Needless to say you Earned it :china:

Indian Leaders should also be more like Chinese Leaders
But they are to busy Boosting the Swiss economy

@Beast

Ignore the trolls, it doesn't take an Einstein to figure out that the HQ-9s including its ARM variants use different missiles.

China is busy developing HQ-19 which will match the performance of S-400 triumf.

Israel over time has sold crtitical technology to the Chinese, including Patriot, Lavi, Harpy, Python AAM, technologies. Some folks also suggest that the critical American softwares needed to develop helicopters and its pre prototype automation softwares were also sourced from Israel.

AIPAC shields Israel from any US backlash in public.

Recently high end F-15I Engines were 'stolen' from an Israeli air base, one could only wonder where they ended up. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom