What's new

Russian-Indian joint development of 5G fighter jet to cost $6 billion - HAL

bhagat

Reaction score
Russian-Indian joint development of 5G fighter jet to cost $6 billion - HAL

The Russian-Indian joint development of a fifth generation fighter jet will cost some $6 billion, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL) Financial director D. Shivamurti said

Russia and India signed in December last year a contract to jointly develop a design for a new 5G multirole fighter. Russia's Sukhoi holding and India's Hindustan Aeronautics Limited agreed in early 2010 to jointly develop a fifth-generation fighter jet based on the T-50 design.

"A detailed design phase, including the cost of the project, is likely to cost more than $6 billion," Shivamurti said. "The work between us and them [India and Russia] will be distributed in a 35/65 proportion."

Russia has been developing its own fifth-generation fighter since the 1990s. The current prototype, known as the T-50, was designed by the Sukhoi design bureau and built at a plant in Komsomolsk-on-Amur in Russia's Far East.

Russian officials have already hailed the fighter as "a unique warplane" that combines the capabilities of an air superiority fighter and attack aircraft.

Russia is planning to use the jointly-developed 5G fighter as an export version of T-50, while India is expecting the new fighter aircraft to enter service with its air force by 2020.

Russian-Indian joint development of 5G fighter jet to cost $6 billion - HAL | Defense | RIA Novosti

According to AK Antony India will get 5th gen fighter in 2017. So its true that before getting 250 FGFA starting from 2020, IAF will add 50 PAK FA.

I smell Someone’s stomach burninggg with……….
imgres

The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.

"A detailed design phase, including the cost of the project, is likely to cost more than $6 billion," Shivamurti said. "The work between us and them [India and Russia] will be distributed in a 35/65 proportion.
in this 35/65 proportion, exept the avionics, what are the other things we doing?

It will be a failure like failed Indian Missile technology

I disagree. This will be a successful as Russia is known for designing state of the art weaponry. The majority of the aircraft design was already completed by Russia alone. India in this case would be providing requirements for the 2 seater and the funds. Also india would build some components for the Indian version of the plane

Also, what failed Indian missile technology are you talking about. I'm not aware of any?

i doubt india buying single seat Pakfa.
And fgfa being an export version will most probably inferior to original Pakfa.

i doubt india buying single seat Pakfa.
And fgfa being an export version will most probably inferior to original Pakfa.

nope, FGFA will be more advanced than PAK-fa, because Russia will look forward to sell them to other developing countries. While FGFA will be India driven, so no compromise with stealth.
Just take the example of Sukhoi-30mki to satisfy your query.

nope, FGFA will be more advanced than PAK-fa, because Russia will look forward to sell them to other developing countries. While FGFA will be India driven, so no compromise with stealth.
Just take the example of Sukhoi-30mki to satisfy your query.

i wish it happens so..still got my fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom