What's new

Russian Army chief to visit India

tyagi

Reaction score

Moscow, May 22: India and Russia plan to deepen defence ties, with a top Russian military delegation visiting New Delhi next week to intensify military cooperation in mountain-warfare.

General Vladimir Boldyrev, the Commander-in-Chief of Russian Land Forces, is leaving for a week-long India visit on Sunday where he will discuss joint cooperation in mountain-warfare training and tour Indian military facilities in Siachen.

"During parleys with Indian Defence Secretary Vijay Singh and Chief of Army Staff, General Deepak Kapur, military cooperation between Russia and India and the problems and prospects of the development of land forces of the two nations will be discussed," said Col. Igor Konashenkov, the spokesman of the Russian Land Forces.

"The issues of mountain training would be an important subject of talks and the military leaders will exchange the experience accumulated by their respective armies," Konashenkov was quoted as saying by ITAR-TASS.

General Boldyrev would fly to Leh from New Delhi to inspect 14th Army Corps and visit training facilities situated at an altitude of 5,000 metres.

"The Russian military delegation is scheduled to visit Siachin glacier, where Indian servicemen are deployed on combat duty at the altitude of 7,000 metres in the harsh climate," Col. Konashenkov underlined.

Bureau Report

Russia is very much important to India as compared to the US .

Dude you opened a 8 year old thread to post this?
no bro
Iam new to this forum
this thread was on the list of the forums I was watching threads.
I didn't new that it is 8 yr old thread.
I thought that this is new.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom