What's new

Russian Air Force to Get First T-50 Fighter Jet This Year, IAF Next Year

can anyone tell me whats the difference between the single pilot and two pilot pak fa ,apart from the sharing of work load ,does two pilot version come with anyother advantage.

Nothing else . Although if there is a development of a twin seat variant , it would give our scientist a more exposure to 5G designing and other related technologies .

It is like the difference between the SU-30MKI and SU-30K bro. The IAF is holding out for the full "MKIsed" version of the T-50 ie the FGFA whilst the Russians are going in for the PAK-FA.

I know that buddy, question was something else. Your post didn't answer any of my questions ;)

Let me be more clear ,
- RuAF is getting twin seater is news to me. I didn't know that. So was asking is it true ???

- Second , DRDO never ever maintained timeline of anything and Russians never delivered order in time too. So was asking are we trusting DRDO and Russians to develop FGFA in time ???
No doubt FGFA will materialise but we can go for a Stop-gap measure in case Chinese 5th gen platform hit the production line before 2018 which is a likely condition.

So if we order now 2 Sqds of PAK-FA they too wont come before 2017.

Most of the time IAF approach puzzles an Indian like me. Why do they need to wait 8 years to get hand on stealth fighter? It means we will be 8 yrs. late to start preparing process/ procedures/ training / doctrine/ spare strategy/ logistic etc.... Why don't we utilize these yrs to our advantage?

Best approach must be to induct 1 squadron with Russian configuration to give IAF to train and develop required doctrine and other required processes.

With this approach, once they FGFA they will be able to integrate much faster.

It's simple in the mean the the IAF would ask for fifth generation fighters and get some kick-backs during the purchase.

still did not see any weapon bay

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom