What's new

Russian Air Force. Photos & Videos & Discussion

177145.jpg

Will Russia going to offer the BAF more used MiG-29s with upgrades? As it seems that BAF don't want to buy Chinese equipment at all.

Will Russia going to offer the BAF more used MiG-29s with upgrades? As it seems that BAF don't want to buy Chinese equipment at all.

BAF should look for new build aircrafts, because used ones always has limited life-time of engines and airframes.
New build aircrafts has bigger term of service around 40+ years (and more). So its a good investment.

BAF should look for new build aircrafts, because used ones always has limited life-time of engines and airframes.
New build aircrafts has bigger term of service around 40+ years (and more). So its a good investment.
I think they are not willing to spend that much.

Who said you that?? o_O
BAF will happily buy from china if they find favorable terms.So far China has some good platforms but they have issues.They can't export the china flankers for obvious reason.FC-1 has a avionic-electronic issue,and little immature platform which does not fits BAF strategy.J-10 has engine issue(Russian,means we have to negotiate with Russia too) and J-10 production right now is much concentrated on the PLAAF own demand.And there is political issues regarding BD too.

If it wasn't so much issues involved,or it was a mature indutrial case like the F-7's BAF would happily bought from China.

I think they are not willing to spend that much.

BAF This with all means will go for a newer mature platform.
And Russia right now has many of those options.BAF will raise new squadrons by 2030.So I don't see them going for old air crafts.

Last edited:
Who said you that?? o_O
BAF will happily buy from china if they find favorable terms.So far China has some good platforms but they have issues.They can't export the china flankers for obvious reason.FC-1 has a avionic-electronic issue,and little immature platform which does not fits BAF strategy.J-10 has engine issue(Russian,means we have to negotiate with Russia too) and J-10 production right now is much concentrated on the PLAAF own demand.And there is political issues regarding BD too.

If it wasn't so much issues involved,or it was a mature indutrial case like the F-7's BAF would happily bought from China.

BAF This with all means will go for a newer mature platform.
And Russia right now has many of those options.BAF will raise new squadrons by 2030.So I don't see them going for old air crafts.
So can we expect a deal of 50 MiG-35s soon?

So can we expect a deal of 50 MiG-35s soon?

A order for an specific platform may have to wait.BAF is interested in Sukhoi.Currently Navy is on the priority list for modernization.I believe by next two years when Yak-130 delivery completes we can expect to see some actual news about Buy and induction procedure.And It wont be a large order on the first batch.Most probably batches of one or two squadron at a time.At least 4-6 squadron for BAF+2 Squadrons for maritime strike.

Anyway we are veering off topic here.If you are interested you can visit the BAF thread in BD section.regards.

The training aircraft MiG-25RU on training flight; ~ The beginning of the 90s
0_14d455_27d0077b_XL.jpg

0_14d454_3f2fe20a_XL.jpg

0_14d453_3f31bc3e_XL.jpg

0_14d456_507d8252_XL.jpg

Su-35 MAKS 2015

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom