What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, we live in a Cursed geography. :D Maybe we were not affected as much as Pakistan in the Afghanistan war, but we are among the countries that are most affected in all other wars and war-degree tensions in some way.
That's why a Muslim econo-military alliance is need of the hour, now after this Russo-Ukraine fiasco the need is more than ever

Fascinating reading this thread.

If this isn't a demonstration of the slow death of the Western world, I don't know what is. While Putin's Russia has the West scrambling around for a response, and potentially escalating the conflict to the rest of Europe, China must be thinking about the potential opportunities to pick up the pieces and vacuum left behind. Let the West fight amongst themselves and with Russia, while it galvanises its position and emerges as the new global power, rather like how the US emerged from the ashes of WWII.

Apart from the blatant hypocrisy on show by the West, it demonstrates to all their partner nations that they cannot be trusted. Time and time again they have shown throughout the World they are more than willing to fuel the fires of conflict when it suites them, and use nations to achieve their means.

This is a massive realignment of global strategic tectonic plates, with the World increasingly split again between the 'West', and a new 'Eastern block' comprising Russia, China, Turkey, Pakistan, and perhaps many more to come. A very interesting time in history to be living in, I must say.

Gotta love those Ruskies for throwing a spanner in the works! :)

Yeah the Norwegian government has been back and forth about sending anything more than humanitarian aid. Most likely daddy America has been pulling some strings from behind.
Probably gonna send some PRG and stuff like that.

Its a European conflict just sit back and let things unfold no need to take sides

Well done.

Europe also then has to sit back and let Israel kick out all the remaining Palestinians from their lands and occupy the whole land, and then EU simply recognize the Israel right to the whole land.

I think things are really getting to a dangerous point because I feel like Putin and Russian nationalists feel like they are totally isolated from Europe in a way they have never experienced in their entire history. So many of the hardcore nationalists feel like they have nothing to lose now by fighting to regain influence in their backyard.

Yes.
Remember the Balkan conflict in the 90s? I remember NATO was dropping bombs on Belgrade to try to stop Serbia (it may have been 'Yugoslavia' then) from waging the war. And I remember some very angry Russian lawmakers in the Russian parliament (the 'Duma'?) wanting Russia to do something to help their Slav brothers in Serbia. But Russians couldn't do much then.
The accumulated sense of humiliation seems to be coming to a point of Do-or-Die in the current conflict. And all this was unnecessary if the West had waited to let the almost-70--year old Putin to pass away. But some people can't wait to grab Russia's riches and that's what I see as the root cause of this conflict.

Yes, I've not seen the western world more united than it is right now. Russian strategy to use Trump was right on the money. EU and US were politically a divided house under Trump's able leadership. Biden was unable to do anything about it even after assuming office. But Putin has now shot himself in the foot. Almost every European country is ready to fund the insurgency that is to come and the US need not even spend a dime this turn :cheers:
Well, I think Trump is in on this.

There are no way this war take less than 1 year to prepare. There are Russian Far East element and other minority element on this invasion, which mean from organisation point of view, they would need at least 2 years time to acclimatized, training , drill, transport, and building fortification, the first two alone can easily last a year, this is not a motley force you just bunch together and invade after 3 months of training (Although it does look like it) because those force are probably reserved or not needed for any other duty. Which mean US intelligence circle must have known, and which mean it would have been alerted to both President.

What I believe had happened is Trump lost the election, and ether Trump encourage Putin to attack or Putin decided this is the right time to move. Because Biden is perceived as a weak leader and if Putin go ahead, this will help Trump with 2024. And I think Putin and Trump both did not expected the reaction from EU. It was EU that blown this thing up, not the US, Biden is expected not to react, and he did, with moderate sanction, while most of the heavy sanction is from EU and it also get the EU closer and break many of its own rule, Germany send weapon to Ukraine, EU break up Russia Oil and Gas dependence (I think Putin probably think this is leverage enough) and EU finance Ukrainian Armed Force and possible Insurgency, I think the EU reaction to this is not expected. And that in turn make this invasion very unpopular. And because of its association. Trump probably just sink his 2024 bid. After the Jan 6 incident, he coming out and praise Putin on day 1 in war does not really help his image, now everyone that hate Russia will hate Trump.

Last edited:
Bro, did this version change comes from the cause of change of mind?

(Apparently you upgraded to 2.0 stable version)

Brother i lost access to V 1.0
Hopefully V 2.0 is stable enough run for a long time 😂💪

There are numerous scenes of death and destruction in Ukraine due to ongoing Russian military activity.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine is now in its sixth day and it appears to be taking a very dark turn. After being repulsed on multiple fronts by the Ukrainian Army, the Russian military appears to have moved to attacking highly urban areas with artillery barrages. At the same time, a massive convoy is creeping towards Kyiv from the north in what can only be assumed to be preparations for an all-out assault on the capital. You can get up to speed by checking out our prior rolling coverage of this conflict here.

Just wait for the war to progress further.

Russian way of warfare is absolutely apparent in Syria:

Russian war excesses in Aleppo (Syria) are well-documented in particular.

- - - - -

NATO is equipped with much higher quantity of precision munitions than any contemporary force in the world and can show much restraint in its operations.

Below are some of the recordings of situation in Baghdad in the Shock & Awe phase of the war back in 2003:

You can clearly see civilian infrastructure working throughout; you can also see vehicles on the roads.

To be fair, NATO also have history of war excesses in urban environments as witnessed in Fallujah (Iraq) in 2014 and Raqqa (Syria) in 2017 respectively - cities which were under control of militants at the time. But NATO allowed civilians to leave these cities before attacking them in force.

- - - - -

My point is that both Russia and NATO are NOT CLEAN when it comes to warfare.

Let us be fair in our criticism.
Fair? This is the kind of mindset I hate. If something is bad then it needs to be called out. And if something is worse then it needs to be called out even more. No ifs and buts. Scale matters. Intensity matters.

Tell me another country that have dropped nuclear bomb on a civilian population. USA is the only country to do it, not once but twice. There is no comparison.

This is the country that dropped more bombs on Laos than it did during entire ww2. Even today unexploded bombs are being found in Laos. People are still dying today because of that. Invaded Iraq on false pretences. Sanctioned international court judges and their family when they simply expressed desire to investigate it's war crimes. This is the country that destroyed many middle East countries, leading to migration crisis that led to rise of anti immigration and far right in Europe. And what about the many and many government overthrows. Even in countries where people have genuine concern and genuine reasons for political change, this country hijacks those movement for its own benefits. Where do I even stop.

But somehow I am not being fair in my criticism? The fact that I choose to call out atrocities of USA more, because they are worse, is somehow not being fair in my criticism. Bruh you are the one not being fair in your criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom