What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you being sarcastic?

Because Indian did push in West Pakistan and even gained some territory. Americans did everything to blunt Pakistan's capability to defend by stopping the military hardware export to Pakistan.
I am being dead serious. The majority of Americans wanted us to manage the East Pakistan affair with logic and compassion and viewed our actions there to be morally and legally corrupt. The divide between the Government and pro East-Pakistan group was very big, which in some ways limited the actions the administration may have wanted to take to support West Pakistan but the administration still provided military assistance through illicit means.

You may want to read up on the National Security Archives (US) and other neutral accounts and news of the crisis/war and history of US sanctions on Pakistan since 1965.

Wake up India

1645725419759.png

Change Ukraine with India and Russia with China...he will say the same......................Haha

Let's say if someone uses those pro Osama Bin Laden banners that you see seldom flying about in Pakistan... Would that justify an Invasion of a hostile country and God forbid the same events as happening in Ukraine ? If no... Then what point are we trying to achieve here ?

Not that reason alone but there has been activism and volunteers being filmed by none other than Western Sources few days ago. Speaking of banners of Bin Laden doesn't makes sense at all. Have you read Putin's statement about Denazifying the Ukraine? The post was made in same context but apparently you missed that continuation. I will suggest that you can go back and read all the comments to understand that. Not my point but in-fact pointing towards what's being said and then done accordingly.

Ukraine asks Turkey to shut Black Sea waterways to Russian ships​

Ambassador Vasyl Bodnar says Kyiv has called on Ankara to close ‘the airspace, Bosphorus and Dardanelles straits’.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy is seen talking with his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Kyiv
The request puts NATO member Turkey, which shares a maritime border with Ukraine and Russia in the Black Sea and has good relations with both countries, in a difficult position [File: AP Photo]
Published On 24 Feb 202224 Feb 2022

Ukraine has asked Turkey to close the Bosphorus and Dardanelles straits to Russian ships, Kyiv’s ambassador to Ankara has said, as Russia launched air and ground assaults on its neighbour.
The request on Thursday puts NATO member Turkey, which shares a maritime border with Ukraine and Russia in the Black Sea and has good relations with both countries, in a difficult position.

Turkish-owned ship hit by bomb off coast of Odessa, no casualties - Turkish authority​

Reuters

1 minute read
ANKARA, Feb 24 (Reuters) - A Turkish-owned ship was hit by a bomb off the coast of Ukraine's port city Odessa on Thursday, Turkey's Maritime General Directorate said, adding there were no casualties and the ship was safely en route into Romanian waters.
Russia on Thursday launched a ground and air offensive into Ukraine.
"Upon information that the Marshall Islands-flagged Turkish-owned Yasa Jupiter ship was struck by a bomb off the coast of Odessa, it was learned that the ship has no request for help, is en route to Romanian waters, has no casualties and is safe," the authority said on Twitter.

Let's say if someone uses those pro Osama Bin Laden banners that you see seldom flying about in Pakistan... Would that justify an Invasion of a hostile country and God forbid the same events as happening in Ukraine ? If no... Then what point are we trying to achieve here ?
Are members of the Pakistani armed forces flying those banners? Are entire battalions using those banners as their insignia? If not, then the situations aren't comparable.

That's why India purchase most weapons from Russia?
as I said if you build a stick yourself , that's better . in case of war with Russia your weapons are less than a stick

Event image

Ukraine conflict
·
Russia has seized control of airport near Kyiv, Ukrainian Interior Ministry says

Russian helicopters have attacked Antonov International Airport, a military airport in Hostomel, near the Ukrainian capital Kyiv, on Thursday, according to Ukrainian officials.
The Interior Ministry has confirmed that Russian troops have seized control of the airport. Airborne troops were filmed on the ground patrolling the perimeter by a CNN reporter.

Well yes..they have tried Qatar, Egypt and others to supplly them more Gas.. but they all have said they were sorry but can't replace the quantity of the Russian supplied Gas to Europe..It is one of the most important cards in the hands of Russia.. and even if the Europeans were not to buy it anymore..Russia very recently has secured a 30 year Natural Gas supply contract with China..

Denazify............. this is exactly why I was looking for some Ukrainian volunteers' training footage with swastika flags. How come someone support a country that hosts Nazi mindset? At-least, Russia was not going to tolerate such thing in the neighbour and interestingly, West/US or Israel had no issue with those groups in Ukraine.

@RescueRanger

With all due respect, I can only repeat what I wrote today so often since I strongly need to oppose this most simplistic standpoint: Yes, there are Nazis in Ukraine, no-one denies and they have a severe social issue with this. Fact!

However also fact is, that other countries - including France, the USA and Russia itself - have similar tendencies too. As such to condemn a whole country, its society and its government as being Nazi infected or even a Nazi regime shows only a lack in historical understanding or being fallen into a well-laid propaganda trap.

This is worse, when this is used as an argument for an all-out war against the whole country and not only within/against those occupied regions. AGAIN YES, Nazis are an evil - I know it quite well from my country's own shameful history - but as noted, unfortunately other countries do have the same issues too. Therefore any claims or comparisons, the Ukrainian government is a Nazi regime and all their "outrages" would be comparable to Saddam Hussein, Bin Laden or any other terrorist's crimes is both inappropriate and unjustified here. (Like certain members try to portray here and at the SDF)

Again, I want to make clear that NO-ONE denies there are Nazis in Ukraine but this is not the real reason and even more, never an excuse for that war.

As a final word, let me add a personnel note: I'm neither pro US or EU nor am I defending their system. In fact I'm opposing the lack of NATO's of understanding towards Russia's security concernsand the fallen promises once made during the negotiations towards my own country‘s reunification since a long time as shameful. In fact in other forums I'm much too often called the understander of Russian and China! But it is my strong believe, that war is not the answer, even lesser when based on lies!

Consequently I never applauded what the US did in other countries and we all know to what terrible consequences such and other lies led in the ME, in Iraq, Iran and Syria …. But again, this is not a reason to advocate or justify this war!

I hope for at least a bit of understanding since in another forum I was right thereafter condemned as a Nazi-supporter or even a Nazi since I am opposing this war and/or since I am a German.

So, lets stay rationale and not too much simple-minded to judge by a single (or even a few more) images posted in the Internet since they support our opinion … the reality is often not that simple.

Best and take care,
Andreas

Biden: US and G7 leaders agreed to move forward on "devastating" sanctions against Russia​

From CNN's Kevin Liptak

In a Twitter message, US President Joe Biden says he agreed with fellow G7 leaders "to move forward on devastating packages of sanctions and other economic measures to hold Russia to account."

"We stand with the brave people of Ukraine," he added.

Biden met with the leaders earlier today and is set to speak at 1:30 p.m. ET from the White House on the situation unfolding in Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom