What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
When League of Nations failed in preventing WW2, then UN should be disbanded too, as it is unable to prevent wars from ‘45 till now.
You need an organisation with teeth.

UN cannot work because you have 2 fractions that hold powers and UN Charter is assuming that these 2 fraction (Russia and China on one, US, UK and France on the other) will not abuse their power. Which is a non-starter to begin with.

Unless UN can function with "majority" and not power of veto, it will remain useless in the foreseeable future.

If they do begin bringing in F16s with foreign pilots under UKR flag, do you think that would be an act of war?
Overtly supplying your enemy is an act of war. During the Afghan war the Soviets did try to bomb Pakistani villages

If the nato and the U.S keep moving weapons in Ukraine. Russian could also screw the west with weapon proliferation all over the world to countries that are unfriendly to the west as well. Both side will get hurt and the world just became a much more dangerous place from now on.
I am sure US and NATO have contingencies for that too. The only nation the Zions in the US really care about is Israel, that is their heart and mind of their whole policies and strategies.

This explicitly means two things.

1.) Everybody need an alliance. You go neutral, you are the odd man out.
2.) Appeasement does not work.

Set aside Putin narrative for war (I keep telling people this war is not about Ukraine, nobody cares...anyway) what Putin want is not what Putin want, he want to stay on top of things, he wanted to be in control, but that is one thing he can control people within his border, it is another thing he can control the action outside his border, you can say this is where is insecurity come from, while we all accept the fact that people have independent thinking. He can't. This is not about ego, this is not about what other people do, this, the entire wat, is about CONTROL.

Things is when you ignore other people will and try to control them, they, well, fight back. I sincerely think Putin thought all these people will just drop their arms and go home when he tell them to. Otherwise there are no reasonable explanation that he would actually start this war. This is a zero gain war, basically, in specific term, even Putin win this war, he will lost the batter against NATO, you don't even need a general or half competent politician to see that.

As for Ukraine, Ukraine was a threat to Russia (At least in Putin Mind) is because they are neutral. He can take either they are with them, or they are against them. But neutral give Putin a extra layer of uncertainty, will they turn? will they remain? What will they do? All these question is what playing trick in his mind, not knowing is actually worse then they are hostile.

I don't know if that make sense to you....
I get what you said about Poutine wanting to control.

Anyway...What I do not get is why people, from ordinary to the pols, do not get no. 1 and 2. Often I ask myself: Am I too old? But no, that is not it. Many of our political class are as old as I am or older, and lived thru the dive-under-the-table exercise Cold War yrs. I would have thought that yrs plus experience equals cynicism. But what really stuck in my craw is no. 2: Appeasement does not work. Why do people persists in believing the opposite? How do such weak people got elected?

What I said about club membership being explicit and implicit, I learned from a US Army 1SG, or 'First Shirt' as we AF call them, when I passed thru Baumholder back in '87. In our conversation, he also added that a country maybe neutral, but implicitly allied with another country and covertly working inside that alliance. I wonder if that is what Poutine worried about, that while NATO stamped 'Rejected' on Ukraine's application, the fact that Ukraine did expressed interest opened the door for that covert alliance, or at least unlocked the door. In his KGB-minded world, the unofficial realm is where the work get done. A long time ago, I read that according to a Congressional staffer, many deals were made by the urinals, and I have no doubt about that.

Russian are very good with psyops, but you need platforms to do that. The west control all the news outlet and social media around the world. And they just shut down or block all the Pro Russian media and there is nothing Russia can do about it. Russian don't even have a voice with their psyops now.
Social media?

Twitter, Instagram, etc, can be powerful.

Overtly supplying your enemy is an act of war. During the Afghan war the Soviets did try to bomb Pakistani villages
Really the only time I’ve heard of this being done is when Soviet pilots flew Chinese & North Korean MiGs during the Korean War. I think they shot down some American pilots.

That clearly contradicts what their position was at the UNSC. I thought Brazil condemned?

More than Television, the younger consumers and target Audience use social media, if you are able to develop a convincing enough narrative and leverage it to garner support for your cause, it can spread like wildfire faster than news on print or TV/Radio ever could.

That’s what happened here, must admit, well played by the CIA. #GG

And the counter narrative force is like 10%. The anti Usa/nato forces failed to deliver on propaganda warfare, the west controls through movies, TV, social media. This is how Middleeast was destroyed and the governments had no answer.

Th
The major reason why Russian invasion is failing is because of the lack of artillery support. The whole Russian land nased operations revolves around attrition to enemy by arty and preservation of own forces.
Their doctrine is also based on Tactical nukes, hence their operational tactics, training and so on. I firmly believe that the Russians have not barraged to their fullest capacity (as mentioned).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom