What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol there was an active insurgency in Melitopol since they kidnapped the mayor back in March. This is nothing new.

Mariupol may have an insurgency soon, Russia is setting up Occupation.
Putin expects Ukraine people coming with flowers. Well not in this life obviously. great Ukrainian counteroffensive coming as soon as mid June.

Ukraine to launch counteroffensive by mid-June: Zelenskyy aide​

Arms deliveries from U.S., Europe enable fight back against Russian troops
https%253A%252F%252Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%252Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%252Fimages%252F8%252F4%252F0%252F7%252F40187048-3-eng-GB%252Fphoto_SXM2022050100006855.jpg

Ukrainian presidential aide Oleksiy Arestovich speaks during an online interview with Nikkei Asia on May 1. (Photo courtesy of Ukrainian Presidential Office)

RINTARO HOSOKAWA, Nikkei staff writerMay 2, 2022 15:04 JSTUpdated on May 2, 2022 19:07 JST
VIENNA -- Ukraine will be able to go on the offensive against Russia between late May and mid-June, thanks to weapons supplied by the U.S. and European countries, an adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has said.

Russian diplomat Boris Bondarev resigns over Ukraine war, saying he has 'never been so ashamed of my country' - and fears for his safety​

Boris Bondarev, who worked for Russia's permanent mission at the UN in Geneva, said what his government was doing was "intolerable", adding: "As a civil servant, I have to carry a share of responsibility for that, and I don't want to do that."​

Boris Bondarev

Boris Bondarev said Russian diplomats 'have to keep their mouths shut'
Why you can trust Sky News
A veteran Russian diplomat has said he is concerned about his safety after he resigned over what he called the "disaster" of his nation's invasion of Ukraine.
Boris Bondarev, 41, said he had "never been so ashamed of my country" and the "aggressive war" waged by President Vladimir Putin's forces.
He said what his government was doing was "intolerable".
Mr Bondarev, who worked for the country's permanent mission at the United Nations in Geneva, added: "As a civil servant, I have to carry a share of responsibility for that, and I don't want to do that."
Putin 'survived assassination attempt' - latest updates on Ukraine war
He said he "disagreed" and "disapproved" with the current policy by Moscow and "as a Russian diplomat, (I) can no longer be associated with this".
"I went to the mission like any other Monday morning and I forwarded my resignation letter and I walked out."

More on Russia​

Related Topics:​

He spoke of his fears, saying: "Against my safety... yes, I'm concerned about that, yeah. There is a possibility, I think so."
It is a rare political resignation over the war, which began three months ago.
Asked if any of his colleagues felt the same, Mr Bondarev said: "Not all Russian diplomats are warmongering. They are reasonable, but they have to keep their mouths shut."
Boris Bondarev - senior Russian diplomat has resigned over the war in Ukraine

Mr Bondarev said what his government was doing was 'intolerable'
Mr Bondarev, who worked as a counsellor on arms control, suggested others could be put off from also going public in the event that he is prosecuted.
"If my case is prosecuted, then if other people want to follow, they would not," he said.
[IMG alt="Russian President Vladimir Putin attends a meeting with Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko in Sochi, Russia May 23, 2022. Sputnik/Ramil Sitdikov/Kremlin via REUTERS ATTENTION EDITORS - THIS IMAGE WAS PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY.
"]https://e3.365dm.com/22/05/768x432/...pg?bypass-service-worker&20220523164432[/IMG]
Vladimir Putin has sought to crack down on criticism of his war
Mr Putin's government has sought to crack down on dissent over the war in Ukraine and how what the Kremlin calls the "special military operation" is proceeding.
Mr Bondarev said those who decided to launch the war "want only one thing - to remain in power forever, live in pompous tasteless palaces, sail on yachts comparable in tonnage and cost to the entire Russian Navy, enjoying unlimited power and complete impunity".
3:05
The battle for Severodonetsk
He added: "Today, the ministry of foreign affairs is not about diplomacy. It is all about warmongering, lies and hatred."
The Russian envoy announced his exit on the website LinkedIn.
"I studied to be a diplomat and have been a diplomat for 20 years," he wrote.
"The [Russian foreign] ministry has become my home and family. But I simply cannot any longer share in this bloody, witless and absolutely needless ignominy."

He also said he had no plans to leave Geneva.
He said: " don't know for now what I'm going to do next. I'm thinking about it, but I think if I have to go back to Russia, then the prospects maybe not very pleasant."
The West has imposed sweeping sanctions on Russia and provided Ukraine with military support in response to the invasion.
Hiller Neuer, executive director of the advocacy group UN Watch, said: "Boris Bondarev is a hero."
A spokesman for the Russian mission did not immediately respond to calls.

Putin expects Ukraine people coming with flowers. Well not in this life obviously. great Ukrainian counteroffensive coming as soon as mid June.

Ukraine to launch counteroffensive by mid-June: Zelenskyy aide​

Arms deliveries from U.S., Europe enable fight back against Russian troops
https%253A%252F%252Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%252Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%252Fimages%252F8%252F4%252F0%252F7%252F40187048-3-eng-GB%252Fphoto_SXM2022050100006855.jpg

Ukrainian presidential aide Oleksiy Arestovich speaks during an online interview with Nikkei Asia on May 1. (Photo courtesy of Ukrainian Presidential Office)

RINTARO HOSOKAWA, Nikkei staff writerMay 2, 2022 15:04 JSTUpdated on May 2, 2022 19:07 JST
VIENNA -- Ukraine will be able to go on the offensive against Russia between late May and mid-June, thanks to weapons supplied by the U.S. and European countries, an adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has said.
It depends on how much Russia oppress Mariupol population, as I said, Melitopol had their started since their mayor was kidnapped, if Russian do something similar, thing might kick off early

Its obviously as fake as anything else posted online ment to justify this russian invasion. In a few years this claim is going to resurface as yet another fact by pro russian trolls. Same goes with these ridiculous “interviews” with “liberated” ukrainians telling about the atrocities committed by the NAZIES..

I give it 2 weeks, maybe 3 before Ukraine takes back Kherson.

The Russians are losing this war, and they're losing badly.

This was posted on April, 19. Five (rather than two or three) weeks have passed since then and the city of Kherson has safely remained in Russian hands.

In conclusion, the quoted prediction proved squarely inaccurate.

Last edited:
The tactical situation of the Ukrainian army in Donbass has deteriorated significantly in recent weeks.
Despite the huge loss of life and equipment, the Russian invasion army was still breaking through.

Russia is throwing almost everything they have on that axis. The Izyum axis has been stalled for weeks.

We’ve gone from Russia taking Kyiv, Kharkiv, Odesa, Dnipro etc in February to a 100K sized city in Severodonetsk.

That’s how drastically Russian operations have been rolled back. Russia simply can’t extend much further, and a Ukrainian offensive is coming before the end of the year.

This was posted on April, 19. Not 2 nor 3, but 5 weeks have passed since then and the city of Kherson has safely remained in Russian hands.

In conclusion, the quoted prediction proved squarely inaccurate.

View attachment 847430

Ukraine is in waiting mode to build up their forces for the offensive. While his time prediction was inaccurate, Ukrainian forces are not far from Kherson and a counteroffensive is coming.

Last edited:
Russia captured almost 21% of the total territory of Ukraine - Forbes

The area of Ukrainian territory captured by Russia has increased by 2.9 times since the beginning of the invasion.. If until February 24 the Russian Federation controlled 7% of the territory of our country, now the area of uncontrolled territory in Ukraine has grown to 20.9% of the total territory.
This is stated in the article Forbes Ukraine.
According to the publication, as of February 23, 43,300 square kilometers (7%) were under the occupation of the Russian Federation.
Now the area has increased by 2.9 times - up to 125 thousand square meters. km (20.9%)

Russian Defense: Destruction of a Ukrainian ammunition depot in the Donbass that contained American howitzers M777
@AlArabiya_Brk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom