What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring it on:

D6ktz8t.gif
Methinks these increased activity from NATO is to make sure that Putin does not attempt to strike Finland or Sweden if they join NATO. This could continue for a few months then :undecided:

Sitrep on the war. TLDR. The first half isn't very interesting. The second half is. There is also some report on heavy fight going on near Lyman-Zarichne. It seems Russians want to make a breakthrough there.

Huge loss for russian navy. But, this is full scale war so losses are bound to happen. In the end whoever wins will be right and the who is loses will be wrong.

Wow - that is a significant loss - given that the other ships have now also moved over 80km away from where the incident took place - it was by every measure a missile hit.

Not bad for Ukraine - wonder if they can bag one or two more.

Ukraine is composing herself and now is undertaking offensive operations.

Just looked up the ship details - it is a large and significant ship for them to lose.

( The sinking of the ship was just announced at 10.08 pm GMT on BBC 1 News ).

Reactions: mmr
This is a huge loss for the Russian Navy.

They can’t build ships at that tonnage anymore.
Putin still has the missile cruiser Varyag the flagship of the pacific fleet. Let’s wait. He probably thinking to deploy the ship.
to attack Odessa he needs the cruiser there.
Ukraine should make a plan.

301694D4-7894-4A60-8A8F-74806489AAD7.jpeg

Putin still has the missile cruiser Varyag from the pacific fleet. Let’s wait. He probably thinking to deploy the ship.
to attack Odessa he needs the cruiser there.

View attachment 834442

Would Putin be allowed to deploy it from the Pacific fleet to the Black Sea? Since its home base is not in the black sea - ( i guess i should ready the treaty on what is allowed when though via the The Montreux Convention )

Would Putin be allowed to deploy it from the Pacific fleet to the Black Sea? Since its home base is not in the black sea - ( i guess i should ready the treaty on what is allowed when though via the The Montreux Convention )
I don’t know. Would be interesting to know. The cruiser Varyag will take weeks to get into position before Ukrainian coast. Passing the South China Sea, probably get refuel and restocking in Camranh bay (if Vietnam allows at all).
That would delay russian plan of attack.

00C49150-9FDB-4244-A8CF-6B358BA64F3F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom