What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was expecting something more Russian design. I mean Russians are known for making artillery and missiles and rockets as their primary usage in their wars. Can't be HIMARS since the U.S. has it and the only other country in Europe I checked in is Romania. Don't know if they are giving those up. In any case, hope they send them in soon as well as provide more serious SAMs systems to help provide air cover. I just read on the twitter that the Russians have transferred dozens of helos as well as dozens of ground attack aircraft the SU-25s from Bulgaria for the offensive soon. Probably more from Russia itself. Putin is putting all his chips on this to get a victory of some kind and get it by May 9 with territorial concessions from Ukraine which is to me IMO unacceptable. It will hurt Ukraine's security and economically in the future when Russia invades again where Ukraine is more exposed. Also need to remind them that they need those Switchblade 600 in massive quantities as well. Need to jumpstart that production quicker.
kisspng-ukraine-natural-resource-map-field-natural-minerals-5ad8d429281f39.2237543815241595291644.png

AFP1066246529560980587016019118381189726333-ukraine-russia-conflict-1.jpg
The rapidness of recapturing North of Kyiv (almost all back to Ukrainian hand) suggested 2 to 3 times the size of the force defending Kyiv is conducting an operation there. Which mean once that is done, you free up probably 50% of those surge to be deploy elsewhere.

This is increasingly looking like Yom Kippur, many people I know has started comparing Ukrainian defence now to Israeli defences during Yom Kippur, if that is of any reference, we will see Ukraine start their own counter offensive soon, for now, they have done everything right, not sure how they would perform in a counter attack, but a competent force work with extensive NATO intelligence, I think the result would be hopeful.

Well, Putin did zilch on Georgia who actually have applied and being considered for NATO membership. If he go attack Finland and Sweden now, they will make mince meat out of Russian.......

And I am pretty sure after they are done with the Russian invader, they will turn around and go help Ukraine.

This is just empty talk, especially after how the world see they blundered the entire Ukrainian war.....
I think if Putin had succeeded in Ukraine within a short period like he had expected to, then Georgia would have been in line. But after this debacle, there should be no more delusions for Putin. Still surprised to see that he has the gall to warn independent Scandinavian countries. Only option for him is to use ballistic missiles and nukes :undecided:

I think if Putin had succeeded in Ukraine within a short period like he had expected to, then Georgia would have been in line. But after this debacle, there should be no more delusions for Putin. Still surprised to see that he has the gall to warn independent Scandinavian countries. Only option for him is to use ballistic missiles and nukes :undecided:
The only reasonable expectation for Russian to start a war with Finland and Sweden is that a war prevent them from joining NATO (It actually depends if NATO willing to accept and fight for Sweden and Finland, but that is beside the point)

The problem is, this operation in Ukraine is not a small operation, 200,000 invading troop is no small feat, that beg the question whether or not Russia is able to conduct military operation this scare alone? The answer is more and more pointing toward Russia is incapable to do so. So even if they can't join NATO, I would say Finland and Sweden is more than a match to fight off Russian, now, will they want their city destroy in order to do so is another issue. That's why I can see both country is going to actively seek NATO membership.

Think about it like this, you don't need 200,000 troop if you were to secure the entire Donbas like what Putin is claiming now, that mean this is an oversight. That mean the operation Putin envision is not the one he have in reality, So you sort o shift the goal post for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom