What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the country Internet,We can't give up Russia. Russian friendship is very important to China.
When relations between Russia and China were bad , both of us had millions of troops deployed on the border. This burden is too great. We are not adjacent to the United States, we are adjacent to Russia.

Last edited:
Didn't the Russians launch a bunch of cruise missiles at Ukrainian airfields at the start of the war?
We used cruise missiles against Iraqi military installations, including airfields, at the start of Desert Storm. The issue is the follow up. The initial attack is essentially the 'shock'. Disrupt communication. Induce uncertainty. The Iraqi military structure was patterned after Soviet structure, so once a unit is out of communication from HQ, it would be effectively be paralyzed for sufficient time for the follow up. That the Ukrainian Air Force is STILL able to sortie 3 weeks after the first day of the war mean the VKS pretty much failed its mission.

didn't western countries last week just steal all of Russian reserves held in Europe and USA?

No, it was special economic operation.

That said the aircrafts are worthless anyways. No spareparts, no updates no maintenance.

Russian aircraft were mostly maintained by german Lufthansa Technik. They cut the contract too.

No, it was special economic operation.

That said the aircrafts are worthless anyways. No spareparts, no updates no maintenance.

Russian aircraft were mostly maintained by german Lufthansa Technik. They cut the contract too.

Yeah what I mean is that Russia is going all out economically against west as well. Whatever Russia owned in USA and some parts of EU is frozen and whatever USA and EU countries owned in Russia is frozen by Russia.

Someone called Russia's move as theft when to be honest it was done after "special economic operation" of west... which admittedly is done after Russia's "special military operation".

The circle traces back to 2013 and before. Putin surely knows much more than common folks around the world like us. Why he chose to make moves we won't know for certain at least not clearly enough yet.

One by one all the glory chasers are leaving when they realise that this is war and not Hollywood or a video game.

Here is the story of another foreign volunteer from the UK:
E86C7FB8-29C9-4324-B217-D374E654667D.jpeg

A British man who travelled to Ukraine to join the military fight against Russia's invasion says he left the warzone amid fears he was facing a "suicide mission".

Mr Spann, who runs an anti-knife crime charity having previously been involved in growing cannabis, told Sky News he wanted to help defend Ukraine because he believed "it was the right thing to do" but admits it was "an absolute nightmare".

Mr Spann told Sky News: "It was like walking into a crack den in England, to be honest with you.

"That was a bit of a shock thinking: 'F****** hell, this is the reality'."

Mr Spann said the group expected transport to arrive at the safe house on their third day in Ukraine, so they could collect weapons, but it failed to turn up.

More here:

An advanced and proper military strategist wud never have kept 200k invasion force near the Ukraine border to raise alarm and let the enemy prepare their defences.

They had their forces standing for god knows how many months near enemies border doing absolutely nothing.

Russian military strategists are either bullshitters or Putin thought the same as Hitler and began to think being a politician and a military strategist are one and the same.

An army wud only wanted to do what Russia did in the buildup if they wanted to take a beating from their enemy on purpose.

Not just that, giving Ukraine all the time in the universe to shore up defences and put strategic forces where required but they also let them be armed with thousands of anti tank missiles as if they didn't matter.

WTF is this. This is the worst military blunder post WW2 and Iran wudve done 100x times better than the Russians. What a goddamn shame. Letti g ur enemy be armed to teeth with javelins and manpads and expecting an easy invasion. Politicians shud heed to the advise of talented generals and not think of themselves like godly. This is all Putin's fault.

If he were to listen to his generals I'm sure Russia was never let Ukraine be armed with those shipment and launch preemptive massive airstrike before a full fledged almighty SURPRISE blitzkrieg invasion with 300K men. Then Kiev wud have fallen within a week.

Don't get me wrong... I really really like putin. He's one of my favorites. But there's a difference between him and Ceasar. Caesar was a military leader who was well versed on every offensive and defensive tactics ever employed in a battlefield. His campaigns and strategic maneuvering against the Gauls and the optimites will make even the best military men of today's head spin.

He acted one cold tactical reasoning and left nothing to chance. Not even the morale of one single man among his units. Nothing was ever left to chance and exploited every advantage and then acted very very BRAZENLY. This is Gaius Julias Caesar. There can't be a man like him. I know exactly how Caesar wudve taken care of Ukraine.

Last edited:
We used cruise missiles against Iraqi military installations, including airfields, at the start of Desert Storm. The issue is the follow up. The initial attack is essentially the 'shock'. Disrupt communication. Induce uncertainty. The Iraqi military structure was patterned after Soviet structure, so once a unit is out of communication from HQ, it would be effectively be paralyzed for sufficient time for the follow up. That the Ukrainian Air Force is STILL able to sortie 3 weeks after the first day of the war mean the VKS pretty much failed its mission.

On a much darker note: they wanted runways for themselves, and that's why they only bombed barracks on airfields

I'm baffled at how badly Russia has managed to screw up this invasion. This is for them what the Suez Crisis was for the British. The perception of Russia as a formidable global power will end with this war.

I'm baffled at how badly Russia has managed to screw up this invasion. This is for them what the Suez Crisis was for the British. The perception of Russia as a formidable global power will end with this war.
What do u think happens when a politician thinks he can be a military strategist? If Hitler didn't play supreme commander Germany wudve won. Same with Putin. What he did from the start was militarily nonsense but everyone is so scared of him the generals didnt oppose his tactics. Leave the task to those who are expert in the field. You are no Alexander or Julias Caesar so don't try to act like them

Don't get me wrong... I really really like putin. He's one of my favorites. But there's a difference between him and Ceasar. Caesar was a military leader who was well versed on every offensive and defensive tactics ever employed in a battlefield. His campaigns and strategic maneuvering against the Gauls and the optimites will make even the best military men of today's head spin.

He acted one cold tactical reasoning and left nothing to chance. Not even the morale of one single man among his units. Nothing was ever left to chance and exploited every advantage and then acted very very BRAZENLY. This is Gaius Julias Caesar. There can't be a man like him. I know exactly how Caesar wudve taken care of Ukraine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom