What's new

Russia to supply radar for protecting nuclear power plant in Pakistan

just a naive question.. can later if Russia reveals how to jam, disable the radar to Indians.. will that work? isrealis jammed the syrian radar in 2006 of russian origin..

Asalamu Alaikum

I don't think this is meant for Hindustan.

Good news
russian help here definitely gives us a edge.As seen in syria russians are the masters of electronic warfare(even better than USA) and radar technology.Not to the mention the biggest stockpiles of nuclear arms they have on this planet and definitely how successfully they are guarding it and their facilities in the past 6 decades.

Ghalib aap ke rishtedar hon ge. Do takay ki comments pas karni hau tu mein bhi thread se dafa kar deta hun.

Agree to disagree instead of being the typical indian cheap skate.

We have been long enough to see how cheap this forum have become.
I have scolded @Joe Shearer and out of my 8 negative ratings 6 has come from him.

The point is I’m the biggest critic of my own work. And you I respect and would like to indulge from the other side.

Ghalib, only you can understand this...
Khsamodamah tapasausham shantidar tamameivacha gyanavigyana mastikyam Brahma karma swbhavacham.

just a naive question.. can later if Russia reveals how to jam, disable the radar to Indians.. will that work? isrealis jammed the syrian radar in 2006 of russian origin..
It's only civilian purpose, not for air defence system.

We have been long enough to see how cheap this forum have become.
I have scolded @Joe Shearer and out of my 8 negative ratings 6 has come from him.

The point is I’m the biggest critic of my own work. And you I respect and would like to indulge from the other side.

Ghalib, only you can understand this...
Khsamodamah tapasausham shantidar tamameivacha gyanavigyana mastikyam Brahma karma swbhavacham.
No, we do not indulge in cyncism.
If you dont agree with my assertion that our intel services have observed each other for so long and so deeply that there is really not much left to observe you could simply say " I disagree".

Aagey Aati Thi Haal e Dil Pe Hansee
Ab Kisi Baat Per Nahi Ati

This system seems like more of a civilian defensive system. to protect against non-state actors or sub-national terror threats. Imagine Tamil Tiger style air attacks using Cessna aircraft. This radar does not seem to be India-centric and should not make any nation state worry. Rather this investment in the defense of power plants should demonstrate Pakistan's commitment to safeguarding the materials at this location.

Pakistan can use this deal to open up the Russians for some Electronic warfare and Cyber Warfare equipment. US Sanctions may make them open to some deals with Pakistan. The Indians are going with the West, and the Russians can gain a reliable customer. C4ISR is the greatest weakness in the Indian OODA Loop (the decision cycle of observe, orient, decide, and act).

Integrating EW equipement with the Army, Pods with the JF-17, and EW Equipement with the F-22P. The Odds of a deal like this going through would increase if The US sanctions the Indian S-400 Deal and India is forced to cancel it; that will be the turning point for the Russians. They don't want to lose the Indians, but if the Indian bow down and join the west the Russian defense industry will look for deals to keep going.

This radar does not seem to be India-centric and should not make any nation state worry.

This is not concerned with India. There is a Non Nuclear Aggression Agreement in place. If this installation is part of the exchanged list, it will not be under the attack targets of Indian forces, even during conflict. The agreement, also, provides for not helping a foreign country in neutralizing Pakistani installations that are part of the list.

Dubious News! Russians do not sign defense deals with private companies in Pakistan. TechWin is an indenting company. The protection of NPP should be integrated with the current Army AD radars in order to provide comprehensive coverage against low altitude and high altitude threats. These will be operated, if purchased by Army AD as well. No private company is operating AD radars in Pakistan. So in my opinion, this news is nothing but a cheapo shot at gaining publicity and nothing else.

This is not concerned with India. There is a Non Nuclear Aggression Agreement in place. If this installation is part of the exchanged list, it will not be under the attack targets of Indian forces, even during conflict. The agreement, also, provides for not helping a foreign country in neutralizing Pakistani installations that are part of the list.

A current deal is basically civilian defense, but I was just postulating the avenues defense cooperation could be opened if India doesn't sign the S-400 deal and Pakistan offers to buy key defensive technologies that would be useful to its needs.

why pakistan is so behind in radars ? russian made s-400 vs f-22 americans so it can be helpfull in defence shield and offensive in air craft i wonder why pakistan don't even research it

Dubious News! Russians do not sign defense deals with private companies in Pakistan. TechWin is an indenting company. The protection of NPP should be integrated with the current Army AD radars in order to provide comprehensive coverage against low altitude and high altitude threats. These will be operated, if purchased by Army AD as well. No private company is operating AD radars in Pakistan. So in my opinion, this news is nothing but a cheapo shot at gaining publicity and nothing else.
I believe this is actually a basic civilian radar that's being (wrongly) hyped up into more than what it actually is...

Back
Top Bottom