Russia to Provide Syria with First Batch of Jet Trainers until End of Year

rmi5

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Azerbaijan
Russia to Provide Syria with First Batch of Jet Trainers until End of Year

Yak-130 jet trainer

MOSCOW, May 5 (RIA Novosti) - Russia plans to send the initial batch of the Yakovlev Yak-130 jet trainers to Syria until the end of 2014, with further plans to fully complete the contract for 36 aircraft in 2016, the Kommersant newspaper wrote Monday, citing a source close to Russian arms exporter Rosoboronexport.

Damascus will receive nine aircraft until the end of this year, and in the next two years - 12 and 15 respectively, according to the informant.

"Thus, we will fulfill obligations under a previously signed contract for the supply of 36 Yak-130 jets," the newspaper quoted the source.

Last June, Kommersant wrote that Syria had transferred some $100 million of advance payment to Russia for the first six Yak-130 jets under a contract signed in December 2011. At that moment all Yak-130s were ready, waiting only for a political decision to install engines and avionics, and then to be sent to Syria, according to the RIA Novosti source back in the days.

Syria has been facing an internal armed conflict since March 2011. Russia has repeatedly stated that it supplies the country only with defensive weapons without violating international law.

@vostok BTW, congrats for the new Russian Defense Forum ;)

yak-130 is awesome .... its performance will shock everyone especially the fact that it could actually be used as close support .

it would be more awesome under M-ATF though .....

till russians chickened out .... :whistle: :rofl:

that could have been a project that all 3rd would countries rush to buy .... making billions in $ for both iran and russia .

yak-130 is awesome .... its performance will shock everyone especially the fact that it could actually be used as close support .

it would be more awesome under M-ATF though .....

till russians chickened out .... :whistle: :rofl:

that could have been a project that all 3rd would countries rush to buy .... making billions in $ for both iran and russia .

Is Iran planning to acquire it?

i guess boomslang has 2 saction now where he can spam anti Russian news
Then, Are not you happy with having a Russian defence forum? :o:
BTW, who's suggestion was to create this new defence forum?

Is Iran planning to acquire it?
It was a project to design, and co-produce a fourth generation jet between Iran and Russia(mig company), but it got canceled in the middle of the project, and after protests of US.

Then, Are not you happy with having a Russian defence forum? :o:
BTW, who's suggestion was to create this new defence forum?

If i had to guess i would imagine vostok,hat in hand,nagging everybody all day for this subforum.All in all i think it would be interesting,i see great times ahead.

Russia is the last colonial power,it deserves its own subforum.

If i had to guess i would imagine vostok,hat in hand,nagging everybody all day for this subforum.All in all i think it would be interesting,i see great times ahead.
What's your opinion to suggest admins to change this forum name from Russian Defense to Eastern European Defense Forum? Then it can include Russia, Caucasus, and rest of Eastern Europe. LOL, It would be a forum Exclusively for me, you and russkies. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Russia is the last colonial power,it deserves its own subforum.
Yup, 100% true. That's what describes Russia in the best way. :tup:

What's your opinion to suggest admins to change this forum name from Russian Defense to Eastern European Defense Forum? Then it can include Russia, Caucasus, and rest of Eastern Europe. LOL, It would be a forum Exclusively for me, you and russkies. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yup, 100% true. That's what describes Russia in the best way. :tup:

We wouldn't be able to match topics...You,me on one side with "Freedom fighters in the Caucasus/Ukraine score another victory..." ,on the other side the Ivans on the same topic"Nazis/terrorists commit savage act against russian angels..."...Opposite views i guess :lol:

Still,i find it inapropriate that the US doesn't have its own subforum if Russia does.

We wouldn't be able to match topics...You,me on one side with "Freedom fighters in the Caucasus/Ukraine score another victory..." ,on the other side the Ivans on the same topic"Nazis/terrorists commit savage act against russian angels..."...Opposite views i guess :lol:
:rofl::rofl:
Still,i find it inapropriate that the US doesn't have its own subforum if Russia does.
Yup I agree. After all, there are only a few, 3-4 Russian members, while there are much more americans in this forum. BTW, Russia is an ally of India, and not Pakistan. So, it really does not make sense to have a separate forum for only 3-4 members from an almost hostile country toward Pakistan. :crazy:

America isnt geographically as close to Pakistan as Russia is and neither does America supply India or Pakistan with as much Weapons as Russia does.

But yeah it wouldnt be really that much of a big deal to add America too

:rofl::rofl:

Yup I agree. After all, there are only a few, 3-4 Russian members, while there are much more americans in this forum. BTW, Russia is an ally of India, and not Pakistan. So, it really does not make sense to have a separate forum for only 3-4 members from an almost hostile country toward Pakistan. :crazy:
Its not about being ally, its about countries who are important for Pakistan

America isnt geographically as close to Pakistan as Russia is and neither does America supply India or Pakistan with as much Weapons as Russia does.

But yeah it wouldnt be really that much of a big deal to add America too

Its not about being ally, its about countries who are important for Pakistan
OK, That makes sense, but still, US is more directly involved in Pakistan. Consider their F-16s or the joint fight of US and them against terrorism. I think it's wise to have both.

Even if they manage to get these Trainers to Syria before Israel blow them up, they won't change anything. Assad already has air superiority, he needs Spare Parts, Bombs and Intelligence.

Back
Top Bottom