What's new

Russia, Pakistan agreed to Boost Defense Cooperation

Saifullah Sani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Defence Minister Khawaja Asif met his Russian counterpart in Moscow on Wednesday and exchanged views on cooperation related to defence sector. In a joint declaration after the meeting, it was agreed that both Pakistan and Russia would conduct joint military exercises. Khawaja Asif, during the meeting with his Russian counterpart Sergei Shoigu, discussed different issues of bilateral interest. Pakistan’s steps in the war against terrorism, prevention of drug smuggling and action against pirates were appreciated in the meeting. Asif will attend a two-day conference on the invitation of his Russian counterpart today (Thursday).

Pakistan, Russia agree to conduct joint military exercises - thenews.com.pk

The armed forces of Russia and Pakistan will boost their defense cooperation in the coming month, Pakistani Defense Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif said Wednesday during his visit to Russia.
"We agreed to enhance cooperation in both defense industry and military training," Asif said after meeting his Russian counterpart, Sergei Shoigu.
Military ties between the two countries date back to the 1960s and 1970s when Pakistan imported defense equipment from the Soviet Union. In November 2014, Russia and Pakistan signed a deal on cooperation between their defense ministries.
Asif is in Moscow to participate in the 4th conference on international security, to be held in the Russian capital on April 16-17.
The conference will bring together defense ministers from Russia, Pakistan, Armenia, Belarus, Kyrgystan, Tajikistan, Argentina, Indonesia, Iran, Serbia and South Africa, as well as heads of international organizations and nonprofits.
The event has been organized by the Russian Defense Ministry to rebuild trust in the military-to-military interaction between states and discuss joint efforts to counter terrorism.

Read more: Russia, Pakistan to Boost Defense Cooperation – Pakistani Defense Minister / Sputnik International

That's it. These regional countries need to work together on all fronts.

I don't think Pakistan needs military training from the Russian, in fact, I'd say that it would do more harm than good. Not to say that Russian training is bad, but Pakistan's military tactics are closer to the US's, and trying to implement Russian tactics may be detrimental.

Then again, what do I know? I'm just a guy on the internet.

I don't think Pakistan needs military training from the Russian, in fact, I'd say that it would do more harm than good. Not to say that Russian training is bad, but Pakistan's military tactics are closer to the US's, and trying to implement Russian tactics may be detrimental.

Who talked about getting military training? During exsersizes both parties learn new things from their counterparts.

I usually agree with what you have to say, but this time, I beg to differ.

This is an exercise, not us changing our operational doctrine / procedures.

And like any exercise, our aim is to learn new tactics, interoperablity, and improve our SOP.

I think we must not rely on one or two suppliers Russia is best developer of air and naval arms specially we need few air defence system from Russia buk is very good air defence

I think we should take steps carefully as it might affect the friendship between US and Pakistan.

If Pakistan is going to purchase military stuff from Russia it had to send personals to be trained by them so we can use that equipment.

If Pakistan is going to purchase military stuff from Russia it had to send personals to be trained by them so we can use that equipment.
That's technical training, not military training. In this case, military training refers to combat.

There is impending War theater about to develop in Eastern Europe & Ukraine, which have the potential to enlarge.
Russia only want to maximize his friends and if possible neutralize his potential enemies at best.

I usually agree with what you have to say, but this time, I beg to differ.

This is an exercise, not us changing our operational doctrine / procedures.

And like any exercise, our aim is to learn new tactics, interoperablity, and improve our SOP.

Here is a quote...
"We agreed to enhance cooperation in both defense industry and military training," Asif said after meeting his Russian counterpart, Sergei Shoigu.

They mentioned military training from Russia, if it was merely military exercises, I think it would be mentioned as such.

Then again, I could just be reading too much into this.

Who talked about getting military training? During exsersizes both parties learn new things from their counterparts.

Apparently the second article posted by OP mentions military training.

Here is a quote...

They mentioned military training from Russia, if it was merely military exercises, I think it would be mentioned as such.

Then again, I could just be reading too much into this.

Apparently the second article posted by OP mentions military training.
Well nowadays TT's know more than ex-servicemen. So buddy, whatever floats your boat :cheers:

Well nowadays TT's know more than ex-servicemen. So buddy, whatever floats your boat :cheers:
I'm just basing my comment on what the article said. Your comment wasn't about whether Pakistan should receive military training from Russia, rather your comment was saying that the article was talking about military exercise, and not military training.

Why is it that everyone seems to want to attack my title all the time? Instead of criticizing my point, you guys immediately go after my title as a tt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom