What's new

Russia May Overtake Germany as No. 5 Economy by 2020: PWC

XTREME

Reaction score
Russian gross domestic product may overtake Germany’s by 2020, making the Russian economy the world’s fifth largest, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP said in a report today.

“Russia has strong potential in the short to medium term,” PWC’s chief economist, John Hawksworth, said in a phone interview from London today. “It has strength in natural- resource sectors, which are much in demand.”

Russia, the world’s biggest energy exporter, will face declining growth in about a decade because of an aging population and shrinking workforce, Hawksworth said. By 2050, Russia’s economy is projected to fall back to sixth place in purchasing power parity terms, behind Japan, Brazil, India, the U.S. and China, PWC said in the report on its website.

Russia May Overtake Germany as No. 5 Economy by 2020: PWC

Not much of a surprise when Russia has nearly twice the population of Germany.

russia still has a lot of scope for development.though,the main problem is the declining population.

Asia is moving ahead and West is collapsing.

Talk about Germany, it is perhaps one of the biggest contributor to EU's economy.

Talk about Germany, it is perhaps one of the biggest contributor to EU's economy.

And what exactly makes you to think Russia as an Asian country?

And what exactly makes you to think Russia as an Asian country?

They are European if you look at their ethnicity.

But i'm taking about continents here. Russian territory stretches all the way from Central Asia to East Asia.

It seems to me you disagree on something. Do you dispute this like your country ?

They are European if you look at their ethnicity.

But i'm taking about continents here. Russian territory stretches all the way from Central Asia to East Asia.

It seems to me you disagree. Do you dispute this like your country ?
Yeah, they stole Chinese and Turkic lands. That doesn't make them Asians. They are as Asians as Turks being Europeans.

World needs young work force....India will be biggest exporter of work force in future.....even China is going to have shortage...

Yeah, they stole Chinese and Turkic lands. That doesn't make them Asians. They are as Asians as Turks being Europeans.

We Pakistanis have a similar problem, Kashmir is a disputed territory and we believe 3/4 is stolen by India, which lies in Central Asia.

We have many of our own problems as well but i think much more complicated.

The world thinks we are the same as Indians but in fact we are not due to many different ethnics. i.e. Punjabi, Sindhi, Balochi, Kashmiri, Pashtuns, Sariki, Muhajirs, Hindko, Hazaras, Pamiris and Baltis.

Then the world thinks we are in South Asia, which in fact is not entirely true. We not only have Deserts, One of the world's Highest Peaks, Sea, Rivers, Rain forests but also just about every climate. Truth is even we can't classify where we lie. Some provinces are in South Asia (bordering India), Middle East (bordering Iran, shores near Oman UAE), Central Asia ( bordering Afghanistan and China).

Where i think Turkey and Russia have trouble with continents, we Pakistanis have problems with sub-continents.

Positive thing is that they have taken good measures to increase Population Growth Rate.

Soon, it will fuel their economy non-linearly.

We Pakistanis have a similar problem, Kashmir is a disputed territory and we believe 3/4 is stolen by India, which lies in Central Asia.

The world thinks we are the same as Indians but in fact we are not due to many different ethnics. i.e. Punjabi, Sindhi, Balochi, Kashmiri, Pashtuns, Sariki, Muhajirs, Hindko, Hazaras, Pamiris and Baltis.

Then the world thinks we are in South Asia, which in fact is not entirely true. We not only have Deserts, One of the world's Highest Peaks, Sea, Rivers, Rain forests but also just about every climate.
Truth is even we can't classify where we lie. Some provinces are in South Asia (bordering India), Middle East (bordering Iran, shores near Oman UAE), Central Asia ( bordering Afghanistan and China).

Where i think Turkey and Russia have trouble with continents, we Pakistanis have problems with sub-continents.
We also have every climate .And pray tell me where are rain forests in Pakistan . Thanks in Advance .

Then the world thinks we are in South Asia, which in fact is not entirely true. We not only have Deserts, One of the world's Highest Peaks, Sea, Rivers, Rain forests but also just about every climate. Truth is even we can't classify where we lie. Some provinces are in South Asia (bordering India), Middle East (bordering Iran, shores near Oman UAE), Central Asia ( bordering Afghanistan and China).

Can't understand your point there.
You said:
It seems you understand me from the wrong perspective. There is no such a thing "West is collapsing" for this thread because Russia itself is a Western power. We are not living in 80s anymore.

Can't understand your point there.
You said:

It seems you understand me from the wrong perspective. There is no such a thing "West is collapsing" for this thread because Russia itself is a Western power. We are not living in 80s anymore.

By West collapsing i mean their economy. I was referring to Germany as it is the backbone of Europe. Today E.U is there because of them. Not only they have bailed Greece but also are trying to do the same with Spain and Italy. If you remove this power, what will happen ? They can't reoly on the America's can they ? They are becoming more loosers. They can't compete with China. Just heard yesterday that China has crossed the U.S to become the largest trader in the world. India and Korea are in Asia too. They are moving ahead very rapidly.

Russia is not part of Western Power. If they were so then maybe U.S didn't need to use Afghanistan and Pakistan to break their power. Yes it was in te 80s but still the issue is a concern even today. There are issues when it comes to influence. Both countries are competing for Natural resources and Golbalization. Remember, U.S and Western Europe today is still fighting to stay in Afghanistan-Pakistan border and are active in Libya, Iraq, and Syria.

By West collapsing i mean their economy. I was referring to Germany as it is the backbone of Europe. Today E.U is there because of them. Not only they have bailed Greece but also are trying to do the same with Spain and Italy. If you remove this power, what will happen ? They can't reoly on the America's can they ? They are becoming more loosers. They can't compete with China. Just heard yesterday that China has crossed the U.S to become the largest trader in the world. India and Korea are in Asia too. They are moving ahead very rapidly.

Russia is not part of Western Power. If they were so then maybe U.S didn't need to use Afghanistan and Pakistan to break their power. Yes it was in te 80s but still the issue is a concern even today. There are issues when it comes to influence. Both countries are competing for Natural resources and Golbalization. Remember, U.S and Western Europe today is still fighting to stay in Afghanistan-Pakistan border and are active in Libya, Iraq, and Syria.
So? US and Russian interests are clashing, please tell me sth that I don't know. We have a naval base in Albania and land bases in Macedonia and Kosovo. This still doesn't change the facts that Turks originated from Altai Mountains.

Russian people still lives with Western values. And they absolutely don't give a damn to Asia and its inhabitants.

So? US and Russian interests are clashing, please tell me sth that I don't know. We have a naval base in Albania and land bases in Macedonia and Kosovo. This still doesn't change the facts that Turks originated from Altai Mountains.

Russian people still lives with Western values. And they absolutely don't give a damn to Asia and its inhabitants.

Dude i'm not talking about Turkey or Albania here. lol

Anyways, now that you mentioned it how does this all make sense. If you say Russia lives with Western values, then why do you need to be in NATO's league ? Doesn't this seem to contradict with Russia stealing your land ?

Back
Top Bottom