What's new

Russia, India in joint drone project

@ Gene
thats a good news.....but i think they are actually talking about a next gen loitering missile based on Brahmos missile...

They told specifically about an armed drone/UCAV,not a loitering missile.It says it can attack targets and then return and land.So how this will be a missile?

Good news indeed.But such(may be even better)an UCAV is already under advanced stage of testing.
CHEERS........

They told specifically about an armed drone/UCAV,not a loitering missile.It says it can attack targets and then return and land.So how this will be a missile?
Yeh, but they also told that project is based on Brahmos cruise missile. Long range Loitering missile is like a uav which can do reconnaissance like UAV lf they find target they will hit them or else they will return back. Also i am not saying that it cannot be a uav but we already have a Rustom project. Wise decision is to conitnue that project or go for a HALE UAV with turbofan like US new Avenger....

Yeh, but they also told that project is based on Brahmos cruise missile. Long range Loitering missile is like a uav which can do reconnaissance like UAV lf they find target they will hit them or else they will return back. Also i am not saying that it cannot be a uav but we already have a Rustom project. Wise decision is to conitnue that project or go for a HALE UAV with turbofan like US new Avenger....

Absolutely right mate except one thing-the Rustom is an uav not an ucav.So both programme can continue simulteniously.And regarding the loitering missile this thing will not be an loitering missile because unlike a missile it will never sacrifice itself to destroy its objectiveSo calling it an UCAV as the article states will be more appropriate.
REGARDS....

The best possible option they must be thinking is this .

A UCAV with Ramjet engines kind stuff, which can go supersonic, fire a missile (which missile?) and come back, but is it feasible?, I am looking forward to the years to come.

DRDO also working on AURA UCAV,

Yeah,but I was not talking about the AURA because it will be powered by a minieturised version of kaveri turbofan,will be a subsonic one and is in preliminery stage.I was talking about the DRDO AVATAR Hyperplane,a hypersonic UCAV based on ISRO's reusable sattlite launch vehicle.
REGARDS....

Jo bhi hai ek or JV with Russia...Fantastic news....:toast_sign: And not long ago some of the fools were talking about Russia ditching India coz of Mig 35.....day dreamers...:cheesy:

Original Post By Firemaster
Let those fools laugh.Remember-'jo dusro pe haste hai,dunia unpe hasti hai'.This is the same story of pakistan.So don't get angree and CHEER UP....
There were articles stating India and Russia are falling apart.....

Back
Top Bottom