What's new

Russia in talks to sell Turkey S-400 air defense systems

Lets hope EU / NATO wont put a huge sanction on Russia because of Ukraine crisis, thats became more tensed and serious after Russia's steps.
If there is a sanction on Russia, Chinese and Russian systems will be equal in terms of lacking in security for NATO , and somehow i dont like to work with Russia , China is way better than Russia to provide options, while Russia seems to do everything by themselves by delivering a closed-box of system to us , by establishing their support center in turkey. I am still looking warm to Chinese system as a short term solution eventhough it makes concerns over NATO, as long as we dont integrate it to missile shield , there is no issue .

If i am not wrong our guys are considering to use their own IFF system ( and many other indigenous parts) in Chinese system, so beside in co-production, our guys will gain experience on such systems, abililty to take a look on it to improve our future indigenous missile defence Hisar-U quicker than it will be with Russia.

No doubt Russia S-400 is way superior than HQ-9 in terms of everything, also expensive, also wont give any gain to our engineers , neiter about technology nor systems . Except of all these, maybe it can pave a way for Indigeneous system to be built with assistance of Russian company which designed S-400 that actually is done for Korean Republic at the moment.

My personal opinion about the UMHSFS to produce our own system cause Chinese and East Türkistan issue, I blame China gov, that our Brothers are suffering so much, about Russia expensive system i think they'll offer export version of S-400, if we have it they ll know all about our defense system, Frans- It- i don't trust france(check their history) and Patriot ' is not convenient to our conditions...
Local industry must produce the critical systems Aselsan - roketsan the best solution all the way...

I have the suspicion they will offer a monkey model.

What do you want to shoot down with it? i mean what does greece have that makes you want the s-400?

Lets hope EU / NATO wont put a huge sanction on Russia because of Ukraine crisis, thats became more tensed and serious after Russia's steps.
If there is a sanction on Russia, Chinese and Russian systems will be equal in terms of lacking in security for NATO , and somehow i dont like to work with Russia , China is way better than Russia to provide options, while Russia seems to do everything by themselves by delivering a closed-box of system to us , by establishing their support center in turkey. I am still looking warm to Chinese system as a short term solution eventhough it makes concerns over NATO, as long as we dont integrate it to missile shield , there is no issue .

If i am not wrong our guys are considering to use their own IFF system ( and many other indigenous parts) in Chinese system, so beside in co-production, our guys will gain experience on such systems, abililty to take a look on it to improve our future indigenous missile defence Hisar-U quicker than it will be with Russia.

No doubt Russia S-400 is way superior than HQ-9 in terms of everything, also expensive, also wont give any gain to our engineers , neiter about technology nor systems . Except of all these, maybe it can pave a way for Indigeneous system to be built with assistance of Russian company which designed S-400 that actually is done for Korean Republic at the moment.

There are other parties which are also hoping that this deal goes the Chinese way. Because for certain nations, a SAM system borne out of the technological alliance of China and Turkey will be a godsend.

What do you want to shoot down with it? i mean what does greece have that makes you want the s-400?
Do you think turkey plans of her whole defence strategy just for greece ? Anything may change in region, nothing is stable , additionally greece is one of the last in region that we will consider to defence ourselves from , thanks to NATO alliance ,EU membership progress,and mutual profits in some subjects.

It fools people that turkey and greece acts like enemies to eat each other up at anytime, lots of time we reached to beginning of a war , too many tension, but its always solved whether in harsh way or with negotiation and proposals from EU and NATO. We have a proverb " barking dog doesnt bite" so if there are something coming out between Greece and Turkey it wouldnt be such a thing till goes war.

It just a defence system we need ,with no doubt , against any kind of aerial threat from around . Turkey purchase and develop weapons to defend , not by aiming a particular target. You can name whichever countries around to be this threat

If Putin would approve this, with a high possibility he would, SSM officials will jump on it :). Probably they'll offer the same one they did to Korea. With ToT..we'll make it supplied by our own systems.

@Kaan good job mate thx :tup:

@vostok say yes, @Combat-Master say no. Which is true?
Yes, S-300 and S-400 can hit ballistic missile. That's one of their defined jobs. But, if you ask how much effective they can hit ballistic missiles and can they hit every ballistic missiles? it would depend on different versions of each system(different variants of these systems have different capabilities against ballistic missiles), and also depends on the velocity, ... of the ballistic missile.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom