What's new

Russia delivers 12 Mi-17 helicopters to Afghan armed forces

New Recruit

Reaction score
Mi-17-V5_Russian state arms exporter Rosoboronexport announced that Russia will deliver 12 Mil Mi-17V5 military transport helicopters to Afghanistan national army by the end of 2013.

The deliver of the helicopters to Afghan armed forces is part of the $367.5 million deal signed between Pentagon and Rosoboronexport in 2011, which included delivery of 21 Mi-17V5s.

US officials have also announced that the deal with the Rosoboronexport could worth up to $900 million which will also include spares and servicing.

Grigory Kozlov, director of Rosobornexport’s helicopter exports department quoted by Russia’s state news agency, Ria Novosti said, “The option agreement has been signed and the delivery will be completed by the end of this year.”

Kozlov said Pentagon has already started paying for the option deal as well as delivering US equipment to be installed on Russian helicopters specifically for Afghan missions.

According to Grigory Kozlov, additional Mi17 helicopters will be purchased for the Afghan national security forces despite opposition from a number of US lawmakers.

He said, “I think this issue (the additional purchase) will be decided by the end of May and we will enter a new round of talks on the delivery of helicopters on top of the current 21 plus 12 units.”

Russian-made helicopters have a long history in Afghanistan and is preferred better than the helicopters due to their low prices, durability and simplicity.

Russia delivers 12 Mi-17 helicopters to Afghan armed forces - Khaama Press (KP) | Afghan Online Newspaper

Thats great news for Afghan Army. Now they need to utilise their resources effectively :)

He said, “I think this issue (the additional purchase) will be decided by the end of May and we will enter a new round of talks on the delivery of helicopters on top of the current 21 plus 12 units.”

Strong indications of NATO's resolve to upheld the supremacy of ANA in Afghanistan.And ceiling range of this rotary craft is in excess of the range of Anza.:chilli::chilli:

Afghanistan-helos-training-April2007.jpg

Thats great news for Afghan Army. Now they need to utilise their resources effectively :)

So Now Heroin Smuggling will be done Via AIR TOO.

Strong indications of NATO's resolve to upheld the supremacy of ANA in Afghanistan.And ceiling range of this rotary craft is in excess of the range of Anza.:chilli::chilli:

NATO with its Man power and Air power couldn't do jack **** but i guess these Helis in ANA will turn the tied on ANA side.:omghaha::omghaha:

Any How This time There will be no refuge for Afghans In pakistan. I believe these birds can be used to transfer Afghan's refuges to INDIA.:victory::victory:

NATO with its Man power and Air power couldn't do jack **** but i guess these Helis in ANA will turn the tied on ANA side.:omghaha::omghaha:
Hey buddy in your eyes, what's victory ???Out of 380 districts in Afghanistan not a single one is administered by Taliban, tide has already turned in their favour. :)If you say that, what about regular IEDs , then I would consider it as mere insurgency, which has created the problems in your country too.:lol:
Any How This time There will be no refuge for Afghans In pakistan. I believe these birds can be used to transfer Afghan's refuges to INDIA.:victory::victory:

You mean apart from USA, Afghanistan can also violate your air-space?? ;)

Who knows might be even in T-72 tanks.:cuckoo:

My fault i should have know better.Ask a intelligent question to an Idiot get a stupid answer.

You mean apart from USA, Afghanistan can also violate your air-space??

Another Indian with inferiority complex is here why didn't you say so.

Twelve-years later and Afghanistan finally gets the helicopters while international forces ko bahgnay ka rasta nahi mil raha?

These helicopters should be deployed to destroy pakistani check posts inside our territory and kill the nervous pakistani soldiers inside those check posts.

Why? When Afghanistan can invade Pakistan, annex it and make it part of the Greater Afghanistan.

greater-af.png

What do you say, want to try it?

We got fighter jets that can take care of that problem. Secondly i doubt that we need to worry about a bunch of transport helos.

We got fighter jets that can take care of that problem. Secondly i doubt that we need to worry about a bunch of transport helos.

In that case US would likely intervene by flowing in their fighters from nearby carriers or UAE and............;)

Or it would be way too much tiresome for them, I think their Ambassador to Pakistan will dial your PM and matter would sorted out in minutes.

By the way USA is giving them these Helicopters to fight insurgency not to wage war with neighbouring country and will most certainly have 9 bases across Afghanistan for drone operations and traing these nerds.

A new recent development for you.
Russia May Deploy Troops To Afghan Border After NATO Withdrawal, Says Ambassador To Afghanistan

http://www.defence.pk/forums/central-south-asia/253226-why-putin-wants-u-s-bases-afghanistan.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom