Russia, China, Japan, not America on Narendra Modi's priority list: Report

senheiser

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Narendra Modi not keen about US trip, priority China, Russia, Japan - IBNLive

Smita Sharma,CNN-IBN
May 21, 2014 at 02:48pm IST

New Delhi: Is new Prime Minister Narendra Modi trying settle score with the United States of America (USA) by not feeling enthusiastic about a visit to America? The USA has extended an official invitation to Modi to visit Washington but Modi does not seem very enthusiastic about the trip.

According to top sources, he is not in hurry to visit America and does not want the trip to be put on the top of his priority list. Modi has still not made up his mind on accepting US invite for an official visit to Washington.

People close to him claim that Modi is likely to visit America in September to address the United Nations General Assembly in New York. His first travel abroad after taking charge as PM would be in July where he will be travelling to Brazil to participate in the BRICS Summit.

Modi is said to be more enthusiastic about improving relations with China, Russia and Japan. He wants to give them preference over the United States of America.

Taking to twitter, Modi has warmly accepted the wishes from the World leaders on the social networking site. However, he thanked Obama for his congratulatory wishes 48 hours after call from White House.

US is also reportedly disappointed with India's slow pace on Defence deals and Nuclear agreement implementation.

Indo-US relations had hit a low following diplomat Devyani Khobragade's arrest controversy had been escalated.

Sources also say that Modi has sent across invitations to all SAARC nations to attend his swearing in on May 26. This includes Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan.

The USA repeatedly denied him official Visa holding him responsible for the 2002 Gujarat riots and started mending its relations with him only recently. The US Ambassador to India Nancy Powell met him in Ahmedabad two months before the Lok Sabha election. Modi was said to be very cold even during that meeting.

Russia, China, Japan, not US on Narendra Modi's priority list: Report - News Oneindia

Modi with China
Even before the Lok Sabha results were to be announced, an influential state-run Chinese daily, Global Times had said, "If BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi comes to power, it could bring India and China closer." On Tuesday, Modi thanked all the leaders on Twitter who congratulated him on his victory.

Modi with Japan
To Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Modi thanked him for extending his good wishes, while saying "strong relations with Japan is beneficial for both our nations." "Personally, I have a wonderful experience of working with Japan as CM. I am sure we will take India-Japan ties to newer heights."he wrote on Twitter.

Modi with Russia
On Monday, Putin had said to Modi in a congratulatory message, "We highly appreciate traditionally friendly relations between the two countries based on the declaration of strategic partnership." To Russian President Vladimir Putin, Modi tweeted: "I thank President Putin for his good wishes. Looking forward to making our relations with Russia even stronger in the years to come. India-Russia friendship has stood the test of time." "We will further strengthen our relations in a wide range of fields," he wrote in two tweets.

It's too early to tell.

I believe he will give USA as much importance as any of these other countries since rapid economic growth of India is his main mission. Other countries he will develop relations rapidly with will be Israel , Afghanistan and probably also Iran.

Narendra Modi just ignored US Secretary John Kerry gesture from Twitter message. Hope US and India's relationship goes well or sink after diplomat Devyani Khobragade effect.

When will his next stop to Pakistan?

Narendra Modi just ignored US Secretary John Kerry gesture from Twitter message. Hope US and India's relationship goes well or sink after diplomat Devyani Khobragade effect.

Not really , he did reply to both Obama and Kerry's tweets.

And where did u get that info from? Modi already and immediately replied every entity that congratulated him. So no misinformation needed.

Regarding Pakistan, Modi know Pakistan's attitude and approach. No preconditions means no dialouge. Period.

He might go to japan first ,its being speculated in some news channel,if true does mean something ?

That would be under the purview of Politicial Calculus from India and Pakistan.

Mr. Sharif will himself have to face a minor backlash for inviting him. Understandable, Modi is seen as a sectarian thug after all.

Why journalists passes judgement like distributing candies among kids?
Modi calls Obama, talks on strengthening India-US ties | Business Standard
Here goes the artical in drain. People need to report the situation and let public make their own judgement. It's not job of journalists.

Not judgments , he has closer ties with likes of Japan and China while Russia being the traditional ally . Even i have heard of the Modi not being so keen with Us. that does not mean he will ignore U.S

I think an Asian relations integration is essential. This is what we expected from Modi ji; take decisions of power and stand by them. And he is known for that.

Russia, Japan, Korea, China and the rest of Far East Asia may have their mutual issues and thorns to pick with but all of them have strong relations with us, including China. Apart from trade, we have have thousands of years of contacts and peace with these countries and we cannot ignore them.

I sincerely feel that there is a strong possibility of bringing the power of innovative manufacturing to Asia as a whole back again from the western part of the world who through manufacturing and innovation, conquered the globe (apart from rampant and untold invasions, which can be discussed separately).

Along with Asia, countries in Africa and Latin America also need to join hands and see how we can work with each other. I mean, technically none of us as regions have any bone to pick with any of these guys.

Whether as BRICS or as any other body, none of us ever interfered whether Chile was ruled by a king or Kenya was ruled by a 'tyrant'.

Time to put this policy into effect. Russia the only world power, has stood by us throughout whether it is us, the Chinese, the Vietnamese or anyone else in Asia.

Let us put our mutual differences aside and stand up.

If India is a very small country, or without America words, Mudi may be American as dictator, butcher, like Sadam and Al-qaddafi destroyed.:police:

Libyan government tried to de-link oil from the dollar stranglehold. The next thing we know is that Libya was reduced to ashes.

Though I despised their government for supporting militancy in our internal matter through armchair bodies like OIC, I didn't like the way that country was first given an olive branch and then bombed.

If it was an outright war, it would have still been an honest enmity.

Back
Top Bottom